UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Edgar Steps in to Fight Aldo At UFC 153!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/31/12 9:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
McBottery
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a big Edgar fan, but I really wanted to see how he did against another featherweight before he got Aldo.  Sucks that Koch got injured.
8/31/12 9:17 AM
semtex0809
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Radio Raheem - Fuck and YES

This Phone Post
8/31/12 9:22 AM
Woodford Mike
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, the rare instance in which a fight is nixed due to injury and the replacement bout is MUCH better! Can't wait for this one!! Phone Post
8/31/12 9:23 AM
bram
1714 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FRANKIE!!!!!!
8/31/12 10:28 AM
Bruce_Buffer
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8/31/12 10:34 AM
youarewhatiswrong
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I felt very strongly that bones should have taken the fight with chael, who was coming up in weight and less dangerous than hendo.

I feel that this, however, is a very dangerous fight for aldo to take on short notice. I respect the fuck out of him for taking it, but frankie is very dangerous, and was the most recent champion of the weight class ABOVE aldo's own.

That said, this is how a true champion faces a challenge, bones. Take note.

Cant wait for this fight.
8/31/12 10:38 AM
flonman
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm guessing the undisclosed injury is the result of picking up a bag of cash
8/31/12 10:39 AM
Tomato Can
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at the idiots claiming Edgar doesn't deserve this. Get a clue, morans.
8/31/12 10:46 AM
Lobo8

ALdo's got this. Gonna see frankie drop down to batamweight pretty soon.
8/31/12 11:39 AM
SQUEEZIE

Erik Tracey -  The real question is, who did Dana hire to fuck Koch up? lol

This is definitely a great turnaround for the UFC coming off the 151 debacle. Phone Post

i hate that i thot sumthing similar. how many stacks did he kick koch down to just hang out and wait for a guaranteed shot after one or two aldo vs edgar matches. i've been a fan of ufc from the jump and mma period even b4 that.if some shit like this were ever found out id normally be real dis appointed...although i would not be shocked.but in this case i feel like frankie is def worthy of shot at that belt and is also better than tkz and eric which are two very key components here.
8/31/12 11:43 AM
SQUEEZIE

flonman - I'm guessing the undisclosed injury is the result of picking up a bag of cash

bingo
8/31/12 12:02 PM
Infamous Ed

A real super-fight, Edgar's last two losses are nothing to be ashamed of and are highly controversial.

This might be the biggest FW title fight ever, and it came on short notice Phone Post
8/31/12 12:09 PM
Bruce_Buffer
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Book the rematch now.
8/31/12 12:11 PM
Sylynkz

I didn't search through the 6 pages, but has anyone mentioned the fact that both these guys have been on the majority of P4P lists for a couple years and now they get to actually fight? AS and GSP too...we'll see how accurate all of our thoughts were when these 2 fights that are in the works, take place. My thoughts are GSP gets lit up by AS, but not condit and Aldo is gonna smack the shit right out of Edgar, who I think needs to develop a dangerous game. You can't just be a fast boxer with takedowns. You're gonna get your ass whooped.
8/31/12 12:21 PM
Ensanity
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finally! A ppv I am dying to see. Phone Post
8/31/12 12:46 PM
jps1012
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Frankie has enough time to prepare.
8/31/12 12:46 PM
jps1012
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/31/12 12:48 PM
I hope Frankie has enough time to prepare....boo double post!
8/31/12 1:07 PM
Ju Ichi
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/31/12 1:10 PM
orcus
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong - I felt very strongly that bones should have taken the fight with chael, who was coming up in weight and less dangerous than hendo.

I feel that this, however, is a very dangerous fight for aldo to take on short notice. I respect the fuck out of him for taking it, but frankie is very dangerous, and was the most recent champion of the weight class ABOVE aldo's own.

That said, this is how a true champion faces a challenge, bones. Take note.

Cant wait for this fight.

This is 6 weeks' notice, not 8 days'.
8/31/12 1:55 PM
kubzilla
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/31/12 1:56 PM
kubzilla
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ju Ichi -  

sorry didn't see that, my bad
8/31/12 2:01 PM
murda mo
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how much time did jones have to train for chael if he did accept it?
8/31/12 2:52 PM
Aleck911
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kinkle -
KingMastodon -  Oh the guy coming off 2 losses? Wow I might stick to Football. Phone Post

Good, now fuck off.
Yeah
Fuck off! Phone Post
8/31/12 2:57 PM
Scott Rotem
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dbeedy -  Phone Post

LOL
8/31/12 3:00 PM
MBH

Sylynkz - I didn't search through the 6 pages, but has anyone mentioned the fact that both these guys have been on the majority of P4P lists for a couple years and now they get to actually fight? AS and GSP too...we'll see how accurate all of our thoughts were when these 2 fights that are in the works, take place. My thoughts are GSP gets lit up by AS, but not condit and Aldo is gonna smack the shit right out of Edgar, who I think needs to develop a dangerous game. You can't just be a fast boxer with takedowns. You're gonna get your ass whooped.

crazy how he was able to become lw champ with being just a fast boxer with takedowns

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.