UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Brazilians elect Fedor as the GOAT

9/8/12 1:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/08/12 2:00 AM
D241 -  if orcus speaks on hypocrisy-YOU BETTER LISTEN.

This guy knows hypocrisy.

orcus - Tell me, was I correct then? Was I correct then in saying it was a fact, or am I correct NOW in saying "how would anyone know this"? That's a very simple question. Either I was right then, or I am right now. Which is it? Maybe you can build a time machine and go back and argue with my past self, because until someone comes forward with some numbers, my current self is correct -- we have no way of knowing. 

not was he wrong then or wrong now lol

in his mind, it's not hypocrisy, it's him being right.....at one time or another lol

lol.... Implied in "right then, or right now" is "wrong now, or wrong then". Just like I can't have been right both times,  I also can't have been wrong both times. Do you really have this poor a grasp of words, meanings, communication, and logic? Iirc, your quote is someone complaining about me saying something that contradicted what I said at another time. My point is that what matters isn't what *I* -- an anonymous internet poster -- say, it's whether what I (or anyone) say is true or not.

P.S. It's not hypocrisy "in my mind" because it's not hypocrisy in the dictionary.

" So if you've given your opinion, and if you don't think people's own opinion won't change, then why do you continue trying to debate over and over? "

1) I enjoy it. Again, this is an mma discussion forum. I'm here because I like discussing MMA, period.

2) If someone keeps saying something I think is wrong, and demonstrably so, why not demonstrate it? Even if they don't see the error of their ways, there are a lot of people here; someone might.

Why does Helwig? Why do you? Why does anyone? Because you believe someone is making false statements and you think it's worth correcting them for whatever reason. Fedor's not going to thank you; you're not going to go to heaven for it; no one is paying you for it; you simply disagree and point out why. Just because YOU "lost motivation" in doing so supposedly (while not losing motivation in stalking me) doesn't mean everyone does, or should.

Again, all I can say is, what's a bigger waste of time? Being an MMA fan and "obsessively" engaging in discussion (repetitively or not) on the most-discussed topic in MMA, a fighter who happens to be one of the most famous/important/best/whatever in the history of the sport; or being an MMA fan and "obsessively" engaging in discussion (repetitively or not) on an anonymous MMA fan?   
9/8/12 1:07 AM
orcus

" You got personal with me WAY before I did with you homie lol get your story straight."

Again I find myself having to explain to you that calling a person dumb when they say something dumb, and explaining why they are dumb, is not getting personal, it's simply observing that they're dumb. You said I turned this thread into "an Anderson/Fedor GOAT debate"; my post to you merely pointed out that someone like you, saying something obviously and demonstrably false, is called "dumb". What are you confused about?
9/8/12 1:37 AM
D241
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

So if you've given your opinion, and if you don't think people's own opinion won't change, then why do you continue trying to debate over and over? "

1) I enjoy it. Again, this is an mma discussion forum. I'm here because I like discussing MMA, period.

2) If someone keeps saying something I think is wrong, and demonstrably so, why not demonstrate it? Even if they don't see the error of their ways, there are a lot of people here; someone might.

I've followed these forums for quite some time now. I've never posted on them though. Not until now, because I just want to say that I think Orcus is a fucking idiot. I felt compelled to say that.
The End.

9/8/12 1:43 AM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

D241 -  
orcus -

So if you've given your opinion, and if you don't think people's own opinion won't change, then why do you continue trying to debate over and over? "

I've followed these forums for quite some time now. I've never posted on them though. Not until now, because I just want to say that I think Orcus is a fucking idiot. I felt compelled to say that.
The End.

LMAO holy fucking hammerfist to the nut sack Batman! I think that says it all.

I'm sorry (d)orcus, but the truth is out.

/discussion.
9/8/12 1:46 AM
D241
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -  
orcus -

The End.

orcus you follow your own post I know you do.(don't worry I'd say that's normal)

That being said, you and I BOTH know damn well that you have actually recieved negative feedback on your obsession with Fedor for years now. Negative feedback on your obsession is not something that "might" happen, it HAS happened, on many occassions.

So basically, you're saying that despite to date NO ONE(at least who has ever been influenced by your views/opinions) has given you feedback stating you've changed their opinions, somehow the hope that it "might" happen, motivates you and keeps your "passion" level high, but yet the ACTUAL NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON YOUR OBSESSIVENESS doesn't affect you at all.

You base your passion on something that hasn't happened, that "might" happen, over actual people being so tired of your obsessive bullshit that people actually have pointed out your obsession numerous times, actually have made an alter ego of you on another forum, and actually have created a whole thread based on your obsession.

At this point in time, I'm seriously asking myself-Is he in denial? Does he see he's obsessed but at this point I have pissed him off so much he is ashamed to admit it? Does he see he's obsessed but I've pissed him off that instead of giving in, he thinks it will piss me off if he continues his obsession?

I don't know man, all I know is I have been frequenting mma message boards since 2001 and NEVER in my history have I seen anything as crazy as orcus' obsession in discrediting Fedor.  
9/8/12 2:07 AM
orcus

Edited: 09/08/12 2:07 AM
 "  given you feedback stating you've changed their opinions, somehow the hope that it "might" happen"

You're confused again, I'm not trying to make nuthugger A change his mind, I'm presenting my argument to impartial observer B. Or not even that; I don't know how many ways I can say it. I'm here because I like discussing MMA. The threads on the front page (I never subscribe to threads and rarely if ever look past the first page) that are about a topic on which I have something to say, I will post on. I'll repeat this again:
Why does Helwig? Why do you? Why does anyone? Because you believe someone is making false statements and you think it's worth correcting them for whatever reason. Fedor's not going to thank you; you're not going to go to heaven for it; no one is paying you for it; you simply disagree and point out why. Just because YOU "lost motivation" in doing so supposedly (while not losing motivation in stalking me) doesn't mean everyone does, or should. 

It's unfortunate that that is incomprehensible to you, and that YOU would rather come to this MMA forum to obsessively discuss ME every day, instead of an important MMA personage.

"
NEVER in my history have I seen anything as crazy as orcus' obsession in discrediting Fedor.   "

Do one of the searches you must by now be so good at, and see how many posts you've made about me in 2012, if you want to see something crazy.

9/8/12 2:11 AM
D241

don't flatter yourself orcus.

you are nothing special. your obsession however, that is.

9/8/12 2:19 AM
D241

orcus - There is simply no fighter at any weight who is as good at wrestling, striking and submissions as Fedor is, with his speed, strength, stamina, and strategy. Case closed.

9/8/12 2:21 AM
orcus

D241 -  

orcus - There is simply no fighter at any weight who is as good at wrestling, striking and submissions as Fedor is, with his speed, strength, stamina, and strategy. Case closed.

Classic D241. Follows up a post insisting he is only interested in my negative obsession with Fedor by posting a POSITIVE quote from me about Fedor. The funniest thing is he seems totally oblivious to the fact that every time he does this, it contradicts everything he has been saying.
9/8/12 2:24 AM
D241

November 2011

D241 -  Orcus, I really try to stay away from this issue with you because I can actually agree with you on many other separate issues, so please take heed to my honest advice so you can save your own face.

You don't like Fedor, okay, WE-GET-IT.
Do you see me bashing Anderson, or anyone for that matter, trying to discredit him at lengths the way you do to Fedor?-NO.

What you fail to realize, is even if in your mind you think you have a valid point, to the MAJORITY of anyone who reads your negative Fedor post, you come off as a Negative Pure Hater. That is the image that YOU cast off. Nobody makes you go to such great lengths to degrade him and his accomplishments, but the fact that you do, I'm sorry, but that speaks of your character, or lack of it. It's truely shameful.

I can't exclude you from any threads I make, but if I could, I would, simply because you are such a debbie downer.  Again, you NEVER go off and try to mention other great heavyweights who should be looked higher than Fedor, instead, you just try to discredit the most accomplished hw in the sports history.

Ask yourself these questions(you don't have to answer publically)

Am I the first and only person to state how annoying it is to hear you go off on Fedor?
Have you noticed that no matter how many times you get negative on Fedor, not one person has changed their mind on him?
Do you realize that arguing about how Fedor isn't really that great, gets YOU frustrated, yet you for some reason continue to do so?

Please man, for a favor to me, stay off any thread created by me that has anything to do with Fedor, and I will GLADLY in return not go on any threads created by you that have anything to do with Fedor and state my praise for him. Okay?  Is that reasonable?

I would like to be civil with you and hear your debates and points on just about every subject mma related, but you HAVE to understand, I do not feel that I can convince you any different on your views on Fedor, and you cannot convince me on my views of him. You HAVE to realize, you cannot change my opinion, which frankly is in the majority.

9/8/12 2:29 AM
D241

orcus states Nogueira is the best hw and is more accomplished than Fedor.

orcus also states a talking point of how Anderson is Goat b/c Anderson has had more title defenses when compared to Fedor.

Fedor beats Nogueira 2 times(in his prime), had more title defenses than Nogueira did. 

So Anderson edges out Fedor because he had more title defenses right?
And Nog edges out Fedor because he accomplished more yet lost to Fedor twice and didn't have as many title defenses compared to Fedor.

It's funny to point out orcus's dumb shit provided by orcus in a way that only orcus can deliver.

are you more mad that I find these quotes, or more mad that you believed them at one point in time? lol

This whole board mocks you.....at your own expense.
9/8/12 2:42 AM
orcus

You don't understand, as usual. You asked someone to make an argument for anyone being greater HW than Fedor. I made the argument for Nog. You don't have to choose any one point as definitive.

Nog having more accomplishments is something in his "plus" column compared to Fedor. Fedor beating Nog and having more title defenses are in his "plus" column compared to Nog. Anderson having more title defenses is in his "plus" column compared to Fedor.

" are you more mad that I find these quotes, or more mad that you believed them at one point in time? lol "

Why would I be mad? If you wanted to know my past opinions about x y or z, all you had to do was ask (assuming it was something I remembered). You could have save yourself months of your time. But then how would you indulge your obsession?

You ask me often how I can just ignore the negative feedback here; all you have to do is look at how clueless many of your posts are, and the other dopes' on the last few pages, and it should be obvious. Why should I take seriously the complaints and criticisms of people who very clearly do not understand what they're reading? Who don't know what the words they use mean?

" This whole board mocks you.....at your own expense. "

Who else's expense would people mock someone at?
9/8/12 2:56 AM
D241

no I didn't ask someone make the argument. That was your stance. You weren't stating that for debate sake, you were stating that as your opinion.

Has that opinion changed now as well cupcake? It's okay, you're entitled. Not like it wouldn't be the first time lol
9/8/12 3:18 AM
sparkuri

Insert mo'fuggin popcorn. Phone Post
9/8/12 3:26 AM
MrColdCock
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've seen people try and make the argument for Nog over Fedor...although I'm positive when pushed on the issue orcus has put Fedor in his top three behind Anderson and GSP.

I have Nog in my top 5. I struggle with him being picked over Fedor... Shocking no doubt. If you line up their wins, they match up amazingly close even though there are a lot of different names. The difference being Fedor destroying Nog 2x at Nog's absolute best.

I find the argument for Hendo vs Anderson to be very similar and likewise I don't see how Hendo can get the nod there. Phone Post
9/8/12 3:41 AM
orcus

Edited: 09/08/12 3:49 AM
D241 -  no I didn't ask someone make the argument. That was your stance. You weren't stating that for debate sake, you were stating that as your opinion.

Has that opinion changed now as well cupcake? It's okay, you're entitled. Not like it wouldn't be the first time lol

Link to the thread where I said that? I know you have it at your fingertips. I mean the thread where you challenged all the "haters" to name who was #1 heavyweight, if not Fedor, and I made the argument for Nog.

Here's what I said in another thread: " I've said many times -- it's either Fedor or Nog. Which you choose depends on how heavily you rate Fedor beating Nog himself, because otherwise, Nog has more wins over top fighters, has finished some opponents Fedor could not, and has made more effort to fight a higher level of competition. "

Or in another thread: "Your opinion re: Fedor now vs Fedor then regarding his losses is certainly a valid one, but so is the one that says that is speculation and all we have are the results we have. If Fedor did not have the wins over Nog I think there could be no debate at all -- Nog could clearly have the better resume. Beat more "top" opponents, beat higher ranked opponents, beat more different (dangerous) styles. Anyway, I fully recognize your argument as a strong one, I just think there is a valid argument for Nog as well. Which one convinces me varies from time to time. I don't really lose any sleep over it, contrary to what this forum might lead one to believe :P"

9/8/12 11:07 AM
D241

orcus -  I don't really lose any sleep over it, contrary to what this forum might lead one to believe :P"
Edited: 09/08/12 3:49 AM
9/8/12 12:56 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

D241 -  
orcus -  I don't really lose any sleep over it, contrary to what this forum might lead one to believe :P"

Notice how everytime you or anyone calls him out  he ignores it and diverts the subject to something else (exactly like Auzzie would do hmm..) he's in complete and utter denial and he knows he's got no answer for it.

No point trying to debate with someone who isn't interested in facts and is living in their own fantasy world.

Honestly kind of sad that someone's life could be so meaningless that they have to lie and live a delusion to believe they are in the right.
9/8/12 1:50 PM
orcus

D241 -  

Being up late means I'm losing sleep?
9/8/12 2:59 PM
D241

Ice Cold Igors Right Hand - 
D241 -  

Notice how everytime you or anyone calls him out  he ignores it and diverts the subject to something else (exactly like Auzzie would do hmm..) he's in complete and utter denial and he knows he's got no answer for it.

No point trying to debate with someone who isn't interested in facts and is living in their own fantasy world.

Honestly kind of sad that someone's life could be so meaningless that they have to lie and live a delusion to believe they are in the right.

yes I noticed that.

Good example is orcus emphatically coming at me with the angle that I come at him because he thinks it's because we have a difference of opinion.

I shut that down and instead of sticking to his argument or conceding he was wrong for that accusation, he shifts the convo elsewhere.

What's also humorous to me is of all the people who pick Fedor over Anderson, I am probably the most level headed person with an opinion on the matter. I created a poll with legit sticking points for each(minus my one admitted mistake on title defenses that I couldn't edit in the original poll/post). I pointed out Anderson's accomplishments and why it could be compared to Fedor.

Yet orcus hates me the most and thinks it's because our opinion differs on that subject.  
9/8/12 3:08 PM
orcus

Edited: 09/08/12 3:29 PM
 "  I shut that down and instead of sticking to his argument or conceding he was wrong for that accusation, he shifts the convo elsewhere. "

Actually I conceded and said that that is even creepier, because it means you are just obsessed with me, personally. Funny, though, that you say I avoid or deflect when you never respond to any arguments or points I make, you just say "you're obsessed!" like it's your protective mantra that keeps you from having to think about anything.

"
Yet orcus hates me the most and thinks it's because our opinion differs on that subject.   "

lol, there you go flattering yourself again. I don't hate you at all, I just think you're very unintelligent, and insane. You're one of many idiots on this forum, you are just crazier and more obsessed than most. 

I think I figured out the original root of your obsession though. The first thread I became aware of your existence on was your "legend poll".  I merely pointed out some factual inaccuracies in your OP and you got really pissed off and demanded I stop posting on your thread, lol. You had actually formed your opinion at least partially based on FALSE notions, and naturally you couldn't revise your opinion once you were corrected, so instead you just got mad at the person who clued you in. Some winners from you: Nog had multiple title defenses, Fedor had 10 title defenses (or was it 15?), Nog didn't beat Schilt, Fedor was at a significant size disadvantage for the majority of his career, Fedor was exceptionally small for a #1 heavyweight....

9/8/12 3:30 PM
D241

orcus -  

I think I figured out the original root of your obsession though. The first thread I became aware of your existence on was your "legend poll".  I merely pointed out some factual inaccuracies in your OP and you got really pissed off and demanded I stop posting on your thread, lol. 

D241 -
Orcus, despite your Fedor hate, you have had quite a few post in multiple threads that I have really agreed with you on. I hope that continues.

I won't debate Fedor with you, after all you never told me about any other heavyweights who have accomplished more than Fedor has, so I just leave any Fedor discussion with out to the side.  I just really hope that you go to war for Anderson in the next coming years as I have Fedor. Knowing that Anderson will be 38 years old in 17 months, it's understandable that he will eventually lose.

Oh my look at how pissed off I appear to be. Look at how I DEMANDED you to stop posting in my thread. 

What's funny is you probably really do see that as me being pissed off and demanding.

9/8/12 3:39 PM
D241

orcus-

if there are so many other "passionate" and "motivated" mma fans on this forum, how come you cannot compare your obsessive discrediting of a fighter to anyone else on here?

Let me guess because although passionate and motivated, "you don't care" right?

"Naturally I couldn't revise my opinion"

Tell me since that's what you believe and I'm not intelligent by your standards, then tell me smarty pants, HOW can I edit my original post when it's a poll? Educate me on that oh wise one.

Again, lol at you being so matter of fact on how Fedor wasn't undersized, yet "what's crazy about Fedor?"

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&quote=26246204&forum=1&thread=1470223&page=1#bottom 

9/8/12 3:51 PM
Neil McCauley

orcus is just mad that he aint fedorable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV9sFA0GJyE
9/8/12 3:57 PM
D241

Neil McCauley - orcus is just mad that he aint fedorable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV9sFA0GJyE

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.