UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> The Official OG (kindle Book Club - Books included

9/24/12 8:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ferox13
819 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have the Enders Game series if you want it (I have yet to read it). I also have some William Gibson which I enjoy though its not for everyone. The Sprawl Trilogy would be a good place to start.

PM me your email addy - I need that to send out the invite to the folder.
9/24/12 9:22 AM
ProteusSFM
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for this thread. Phone Post
9/24/12 9:26 AM
hmbrtmrtnz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
9/24/12 7:39 PM
Ju Ichi
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferox13 - I have the Enders Game series if you want it (I have yet to read it). I also have some William Gibson which I enjoy though its not for everyone. The Sprawl Trilogy would be a good place to start.

Hell yeah. I'm about to start Enders shadow. already read Enders game and speaker for the dead. Phone Post
9/24/12 7:45 PM
Spoonie Luv
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody going to post some some self development stuff?
9/24/12 10:33 PM
Dbulletproof
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferox13 - I have the Enders Game series if you want it (I have yet to read it). I also have some William Gibson which I enjoy though its not for everyone. The Sprawl Trilogy would be a good place to start.

Thanks man, I've already read both Ender and Sprawl, (I'm a big sci fi fan) but thanks anyway.

I haven't read comics in years, got any good ones? I wouldn't mind catching up on Judge Dredd before I see the movie.

I tried pm'ing you but:

"ferox13 is only accepting messages from pros or friends"
9/25/12 3:55 AM
ferox13
819 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poop i will try chsnge that. Phone Post
9/25/12 4:05 AM
ferox13

Dbulletproof - PM again.
9/25/12 2:07 PM
Ju Ichi
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo - 
Ju Ichi -
ferox13 - I have the Enders Game series if you want it (I have yet to read it). I also have some William Gibson which I enjoy though its not for everyone. The Sprawl Trilogy would be a good place to start.

Hell yeah. I'm about to start Enders shadow. already read Enders game and speaker for the dead. Phone Post
I enjoed enders shadow alot, but next couple of books in the series i struggled with in terms of wanting to finish Phone Post

Have you read any of Card's other novels? I hear Pastwatch is really good.
9/25/12 2:57 PM
ferox13

Dbulletproof - 
ferox13 - I have the Enders Game series if you want it (I have yet to read it). I also have some William Gibson which I enjoy though its not for everyone. The Sprawl Trilogy would be a good place to start.

Thanks man, I've already read both Ender and Sprawl, (I'm a big sci fi fan) but thanks anyway.

I haven't read comics in years, got any good ones? I wouldn't mind catching up on Judge Dredd before I see the movie.

I tried pm'ing you but:

"ferox13 is only accepting messages from pros or friends"

I have the dredd comics but the only thing is if we start doing comics then the dropbox will max out really quickly.
9/25/12 3:44 PM
Ju Ichi

Edited: 09/25/12 3:44 PM

Added One of My all time Favorites

Chuck Palahniuk's outrageous and startling debut novel that exploded American literature and spawned a movement. Every weekend, in the basements and parking lots of bars across the country, young men with white-collar jobs and failed lives take off their shoes and shirts and fight each other barehanded just as long as they have to. Then they go back to those jobs with blackened eyes and loosened teeth and the sense that they can handle anything. Fight club is the invention of Tyler Durden, projectionist, waiter, and dark, anarchic genius, and it's only the beginning of his plans for violent revenge on an empty consumer-culture world 

9/25/12 3:47 PM
Ju Ichi

Does anyone have survivor By Chuck P.
9/25/12 3:53 PM
ferox13

^I may do. I will check. I have it on hard copy for sure.... Phone Post
9/25/12 9:19 PM
pickledsoylentgreen80cent
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ju Ichi -  Does anyone have survivor By Chuck P.
I think I do. I will check when I get to a computer. Remind me tomorrow if I happen to forget. Phone Post
9/25/12 9:21 PM
pickledsoylentgreen80cent
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nevermind. Looks like supercalo will probably beat me to it. Phone Post
9/25/12 10:00 PM
Submissable
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interested to hear your opinions on Choke Calo. Not too many people I know have read it. Phone Post
9/25/12 10:41 PM
Ju Ichi

superCalo -  put in on there, somehow I have put it in its own folder in the uG kindle library called Palahunick Chuck, not sure how I did this but its in there anyway. 

Have not read it yet myself, liked Fight Club, found Choke to be almost unreadable, but thats a personal thing
will get round to this one day as have heard good things, so not my review, just a cut and paste

Front Cover 

Tender Branson, the last surviving member of the Creedish death cult, has commandeered a Boeing 747, emptied of passengers, in order to tell his story to the plane's black box before it crashes. Brought up by the repressive cult and, like all Creedish younger sons, hired out as a domestic servant, Tender finds himself suddenly famous when his fellow cult members all commit suicide. As media messiah he ascends to the very top of the freak-show heap before finally and apocalyptically spiralling out of control. 
Awesome thank you I agree about choke it had its moments but overall I was disappointed. Phone Post
9/27/12 9:32 AM
Dbulletproof
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best part of Choke is the "safe word" chapter.

As for Survivor, I was entertained, it would make an interesting movie. Before he met ... it could have worked as a thriller with all of the other sect members being killed off.

Palahniuk is a bit of a one trick pony, his books are good in small doses, but you can't read them one after the other as you would go insane.

Non-Fiction was good though, the wrestling chapter was really interesting.

Oh and stay away from Pygmy, horrendous book.
9/27/12 9:34 AM
Dbulletproof

I mean Mir vs Crocop horrendous
9/27/12 11:04 AM
Submissable
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a person who loved Choke I can understand your problems with it Calo. Palahniuk can be better in small doses. I read most of his books years ago and the only one I tend to pick up again and again is Haunted with his short stories. When I was younger it was his perversity and writing style that grabbed me but now I find his books lacking in the story telling department and it's hard to get past that in order to read a passage that knocks me on my ass. Phone Post
9/27/12 11:14 AM
TUF
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/27/12 11:31 AM
temujen
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In! Waiting for my damn paper white to arrive first. Phone Post
9/27/12 1:20 PM
palmmute
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Phone Post
9/28/12 1:53 AM
El_Varaco
340 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you got PM ferox
9/28/12 4:27 AM
ferox13

^Invite sent.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.