UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> The Official OG (kindle Book Club - Books included

9/7/12 2:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jarvis73
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Next time I'm on my laptop I'll upload some Phone Post
9/7/12 11:12 PM
Ju Ichi
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
9/7/12 11:21 PM
sreiter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6527926/Kindle_Library_%28Final%29

8,000 Kindle Books (MOBI) Organized Calibre Library

Books : Other : English

This is a collection of 10,262+ e-books in MOBI format. It is organized as a Calibre library.

http://torrentz.eu/kind/Kindle%20Library%20Book%20List%20%28Final%29.xlsx-408333

spread sheet list of the books in the D/L

9/7/12 11:26 PM
Marco808

In to remind me to learn how this Mobi and Dropbox shit works.
9/7/12 11:26 PM
sreiter

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6079899/2_500_Retail_Quality_Ebooks_ePUB_%28ipod_ipad_nook_sony_reader%29

2500 epub books... i have d/l these yet
9/7/12 11:45 PM
mtnbikeking
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
9/7/12 11:48 PM
formerspook
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
9/7/12 11:55 PM
El_Varaco
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
9/8/12 3:12 AM
twizzle97
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
9/8/12 3:18 AM
twizzle97
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have Kindle on my iphone, but really don't know how to use it. Please help? I would love to read these books!
9/8/12 3:45 AM
Jarvis73
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twizzle97 - I have Kindle on my iphone, but really don't know how to use it. Please help? I would love to read these books!
You will need a proper kindle Phone Post
9/8/12 3:54 AM
ferox13
740 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jarvis73 -
twizzle97 - I have Kindle on my iphone, but really don't know how to use it. Please help? I would love to read these books!
You will need a proper kindle Phone Post
No you can play Kindle files on your iPhone with that App. Just load the .mobi onto your phone and you will be able to read them. Phone Post
9/8/12 5:43 AM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I kind of think it would be a better idea to have less books in the dropbox. We can all dl a torrent and get those books. But if we limit it to say... 3 recommendations a week per person, we know all the books in the dropbox will be relateable to someone else on the OG. Instead of a cluster of books that we don't know much about.

Just my opinion. I have books that I personally bought or downloaded and I have books from the same means as many of u. But I'm not going to bother to sort through my collection to cherrypick those out unless requested

Just my 2c. I'm sure others prefer it the way it is
9/8/12 5:59 AM
ferox13
740 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^exactly.

I am going to set up a dropbox folder to share with the OG. Books or series that ppl have read and recommend can uploaded to it. The idea some writes a few lines/paragraphs about the book and then can provide a link to download the file. I might do an Index post to catalog the contents.

If people want to provide links to bulk collections thats cool but we should use the drop box recommendations.

I might start all this on a new thread. No sure. I will sort it out when i get back home.... Phone Post
9/8/12 6:06 AM
Matthieu Battle
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dig this idea a lot. since i don't have a metric fuck ton of ebooks like some of you guys, i'll offer this -

http://ebook.online-convert.com/convert-to-epub

for those of you that need to convert from pretty much any format to any other but don't wanna download a program, this does it online. upload whatever kindle (mobi format) book, process it and download in epub or whatever (see links on the left for conversion options). i use this all the time and it does a pretty good job. sometimes the formatting can get a little wonky, but mostly it does what it's supposed to do.
9/8/12 7:23 AM
Tinerrz

. Phone Post
9/8/12 9:34 AM
pickledsoylentgreen80cent
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GracieDisc - I have 10,236 books (all in mobi), but don't have all the space (it's about 10GB worth). I'll gradually start filling it up until the dropbox is full and go from there.

do you have the forgotten realms series?
9/8/12 10:15 AM
Submissable
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am so in. Phone Post
9/8/12 10:16 AM
Submissable
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta learn now what this Dropbox is. Phone Post
9/8/12 10:44 AM
sienk

Great idea, Op. in Phone Post
9/8/12 11:39 AM
JDV
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo -  I would like to throw a few books in that dropbox if anyone can give me the address, have the steve jobs one if anyone wants it
I'd be interested in the Steve jobs book.

I'm reading this book about the hacker group Anonymous right now if anybody is interested in it.

http://www.amazon.com/We-Are-Anonymous-LulzSec-Insurgency/dp/0316213543 Phone Post
9/8/12 11:41 AM
Mayfield
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in_different - I kind of think it would be a better idea to have less books in the dropbox. We can all dl a torrent and get those books. But if we limit it to say... 3 recommendations a week per person, we know all the books in the dropbox will be relateable to someone else on the OG. Instead of a cluster of books that we don't know much about.

Just my opinion. I have books that I personally bought or downloaded and I have books from the same means as many of u. But I'm not going to bother to sort through my collection to cherrypick those out unless requested

Just my 2c. I'm sure others prefer it the way it is

Good idea. I went threw what was already posted but got a little overloaded. I didn't recognize a lot of the titles so I looked some up on Amazon. that became a bore so I just grabbed a couple I recognized. I find when I am able to have unlimited access to ebooks I just jump around from book to book without ever getting into one. A condensed list with reviews would be perfect.
9/8/12 12:05 PM
mjm345
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome idea I'll throw a few on there when I get to a computer Phone Post
9/8/12 4:51 PM
ferox13

Edited: 09/08/12 5:15 PM
I don't think you can upload to that Public Folder...

I just made a DROPBOX folder that can be shared. For this folder just upload books that you have recommended and written a short discription of. DOn't upload huge random book collections to this folder.

Photobucket

You can upload and download from it. To post a link from one of the files in the dropbox:

1) Right Click on the file.
2) Click on GET LINK.
3) Click on COPY LINK TO THIS PAGE.
4) The link is now COPIED to your CLIPBOARD so you can now PASTE it into a HTML link.

Photobucket

Then to Download the Kindle file just RIGHT CLICK/SAVE AS and save it to your PC.
9/8/12 5:07 PM
ferox13

Edited: 09/08/12 5:07 PM
This is the last book I finished.

Already Dead - Charlie Huston

This is the first book in Charlie Huston's Vampire Noir series featuring P.I/Problem Solving/Hired Muscle blood sucker, Joe Pitt. Its set in a New York whose underworld is controlled by Vampire clans - trying to survive in this world as a Vamp for hire is our Hero. Its a light weight but very enjoyable start to the series and I hope to get into the rest shortly...

Already Dead LINK (right click save as)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.