UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> The Official OG (kindle Book Club - Books included

2/27/13 8:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HULC
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

antifret - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, L. Frank Baum I'd like.

I've uploaded it to the classics folder of the fiction section.
2/28/13 2:51 PM
ferox13
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Found a pile if Arthur Machen stuff. Wil upload later... Phone Post
3/1/13 6:15 PM
AllergicPanda
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I uploaded the first two books in the century trilogy by ken follett...
Wanted to contribute a little bit lol Phone Post
3/2/13 12:48 AM
Dirtyu D
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ANyone have any Hermann Hesse they can share. I'm particularly interested in getting a copy of Demian and the glass bead game, but any other work would be appreciated, as well
3/2/13 1:04 AM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
3/2/13 1:25 AM
Beggsie
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm reading Digital Fortress by Dan Brown for the second time at the moment. Phone Post
3/2/13 4:18 AM
ferox13
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dirtyu D - ANyone have any Hermann Hesse they can share. I'm particularly interested in getting a copy of Demian and the glass bead game, but any other work would be appreciated, as well

Hermann Hesse folder added to fiction - The Glass Bead game is under the alternative ttle 'Magister Ludi'.
3/2/13 4:31 AM
Dirtyu D
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferox13 -
Dirtyu D - ANyone have any Hermann Hesse they can share. I'm particularly interested in getting a copy of Demian and the glass bead game, but any other work would be appreciated, as well

Hermann Hesse folder added to fiction - The Glass Bead game is under the alternative ttle 'Magister Ludi'.
Did you ever get around to reading that Joyce carol Oates book? Phone Post
3/2/13 4:35 AM
ferox13

Not yet - I am still on The Passage (not much time to read lately) and after that I'm going to read some short stories from a couple of Cthulhu Mythos books I have sitting on my shelf (and a few from a few from a .Mobi I bought at Xmas).

So afte them - I might give that a try...

So many books - such a slow reader :-)
3/2/13 5:17 AM
Dirtyu D

ferox13 - Not yet - I am still on The Passage (not much time to read lately) and after that I'm going to read some short stories from a couple of Cthulhu Mythos books I have sitting on my shelf (and a few from a few from a .Mobi I bought at Xmas).

So afte them - I might give that a try...

So many books - such a slow reader :-)

yeah, even before I got into e-books, I had a pretty hefty stack of books that I was always seemed to grow. Now ...
3/2/13 8:25 AM
ferox13

I need to hire a reader for me.
3/2/13 8:55 AM
TheCrow13
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I finished game of thrones and I'm absolutely at a loss. No book does it for me. I tried to start silverlineings and blood meridian, but they didn't captivate me like Martin. I need your absolute best book suggestion. Please Phone Post
3/2/13 9:30 AM
hybridfc
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crow, if youre at a loss then read Bad Monkeys by Matt Ruff. I have read thousands of books and that is one of the most captivating/mindblowing. Phone Post
3/2/13 9:42 AM
ferox13

Flicker by Theodore Roszak is oe of my fave books of all time. You might need to be a film fan to fully appreciate it though.

Have you read A Clockwork Orange?

Do you like Crime Fiction? James Elroy has written some great stuff (LA Confidential or The Black Dhalia are good starting points).

If you like trashy thrillers then Stephen Hunter might be up your street (Start with Dirty White Boys). In a similar vein but with more humour Joe R Lonsdale's Hap and Leonard series are very entertaining.
3/2/13 10:34 AM
MMA All Day
1127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferox13 -
MMA All Day - How can I get a copy of John the Balladier by Manley Wade Wellman? Phone Post

I have looked for that before but couldn't find it - there were some if a stories on a site I found though. Phone Post

Found it again:

John the Balladeer
I just saw this. Thank you so kindly. Phone Post
3/2/13 10:38 AM
ferox13

They made a film based on the character/stories too:

3/3/13 7:22 PM
jim dwyer
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone have the Game by Neil Strauss, need to strengthen my pick up game!!

3/3/13 10:31 PM
hybridfc
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jim dwyer - 

Does anyone have the Game by Neil Strauss, need to strengthen my pick up game!!

I assume you're joking.

3/4/13 2:46 AM
sreiter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferox

been a long time since i checked this thread

noticed the drop box folder has been completely redone.

has books been deleted, or is everything just reorg'd ?
3/4/13 2:53 AM
ferox13

Just reorganised ss far so I know. There were a good few duplicates and most of them have been deleted.

But no other content has been purposely deleted. Phone Post
3/4/13 3:21 AM
Mdot50
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone read Marie tillmans book the letter ? Pat tillmans wife. Its short. But got dusty a few times. Phone Post
3/4/13 3:55 AM
Dirtyu D

"Flicker by Theodore Roszak is oe of my fave books of all time. You might need to be a film fan to fully appreciate it though."

is that uploaded? I just did a search and didn't come across anything
3/4/13 4:30 AM
sreiter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferox13 -  Just reorganised ss far so I know. There were a good few duplicates and most of them have been deleted.

thx
3/4/13 6:03 AM
Dirtyu D

sreiter - 
ferox13 -  Just reorganised ss far so I know. There were a good few duplicates and most of them have been deleted.

thx

Hey, Sreiter
3/4/13 7:21 AM
ferox13

Dirtyu D - "Flicker by Theodore Roszak is oe of my fave books of all time. You might need to be a film fan to fully appreciate it though."

is that uploaded? I just did a search and didn't come across anything

No - I had a look online but couldn't fine a copy :(

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.