UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> The Official OG (kindle Book Club - Books included

9/13/12 12:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Puzzo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may just be really dumb, but I cannot get the kindle app on my tablet to recognize these.
9/13/12 12:37 PM
ferox13
819 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can it play other .mobi files? Phone Post
9/13/12 12:41 PM
invalid
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woa, late to the party

Just picked up The Chronicles of Master Li and Number Ten Ox trilogy. It's pretty hard to find, so finding the trilogy on Amazon for $2.99 was too good to pass up.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Chronicles-Master-Number-ebook/dp/B005ISOYLK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1347547386&sr=1-1

Reading the Malazan series right now. On book 4.
9/13/12 12:48 PM
Ju Ichi
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Puzzo - I may just be really dumb, but I cannot get the kindle app on my tablet to recognize these.

You might have to save the files to your sd card I have a nexus 7 and thats what i have to do.
9/13/12 12:54 PM
Puzzo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferox13 -  Can it play other .mobi files? Phone Post

Not sure. I only have books purchased through Amazon on the device. Those files are .apnx, .mbp, and .prc.
9/13/12 12:55 PM
invalid
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So those OP links aren't exactly, er, legal?

All my Steven Erikson books all came from the publisher via Amazon with the DRM from the publisher request off.

I could send them directly to another Kindle AFIK
9/13/12 12:59 PM
ferox13
819 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B17 -  Kindle apparently only works with Amazon purchased books Phone Post

The kindle App?
9/13/12 1:01 PM
invalid

Would like an answer to that. I'm keeping my Kindle account clean, though.
9/13/12 2:41 PM
ferox13

invalid - Would like an answer to that. I'm keeping my Kindle account clean, though.
I think most of the books came from torrents etc. Phone Post
9/13/12 2:47 PM
Submissable
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^Do we have to worry about books being put on to our kindle that werent purchased through amazon?
9/13/12 3:19 PM
ferox13

Edited: 09/13/12 3:22 PM
I don't think so. No one I know has had a problem.

Heres a cool site for free Books that are in the Public domain. They have 36,0000 titles:

Project Gutenberg
9/13/12 4:15 PM
billyball2
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Submissable -  ^^^Do we have to worry about books being put on to our kindle that werent purchased through amazon?

No.

You can put whatever you want on your Kindle. E-books, word documents, PDF files, etc. can all be read on Kindles.

On the Kindle Fire the "Library" section will only show you downloaded books, but the non-downloaded ones can be seen and accessed in the "Documents" section.

If you MUST have the books appear in the "Library" section, then you can use Caliblre to modify the beta information in the file (look on the web for instructions).
9/13/12 4:33 PM
jim dwyer
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferox13 - 
jim dwyer - So if I post a recommendation and a review here, someone else will hook up the file and the link?
Did you sign up to the dropbox? Phone Post

Yes I did and I'm able to read the books posted. 
9/13/12 4:45 PM
ferox13

jim dwyer -
ferox13 - 
jim dwyer - So if I post a recommendation and a review here, someone else will hook up the file and the link?
Did you sign up to the dropbox? Phone Post

Yes I did and I'm able to read the books posted. 
U should be able to post your own links too then.. Phone Post
9/13/12 9:35 PM
RoccCity
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bump
9/14/12 11:54 AM
billyball2
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo -  Kitchen Confidential

Anthony Bourdain

This guy is one of the guest judges on "top chef" which is the best cooking show out there besides Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares, he also had a show about travelling the world eating exotic bugs and stuff which is not my thing really.
But this book is about the life of Chef, not a celebrity chef, because he wasnt one at the time, but a line cook, a prep cook, moving up to head chef at various resturants around New York, the personalities involved, when not to eat certain foods , in terms of dont order fish on a mondays, never get mussels unless you have seen the kitchen, how owners lose so much money, why resturants often fail, why Americans make poor kitchen staff, how strange, violent, etc the back room staff are, what the roles of each station involve, how to be successful and not in the trade, mistakes hes made and admits too.
Fasinating insight into what actually goes on in kitchens ..suprisingly hells kitchen is not hat far from the truth it appears

uG kindle dropbox link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ev8w3nlrrbp9oh6/Kitchen%20Confidential_%20Adventures%20in%20the%20%20-%20Anthony%20Bourdain.mobi

Looks very cool.

Thanks
9/16/12 6:37 PM
jim dwyer
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferox13 -  Request filled for Twizzle (I have not tested these yet - hope they are ok):

Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx - MOBI

Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx - Epub

I read this over the weekend. I always knew Crüe were pretty debauched, but this tales remarkable. How sixx kept it together enough to continually update his diary I'll never know. 

Good read, good recommendation!
9/16/12 6:49 PM
jim dwyer

superCalo -  Anyone got the lead singer of the red hot chili peppers autobiography ? Phone Post

Scar tissue by Anthony Kiedis?

On paperback, rather than electronic, sorry!
9/16/12 6:50 PM
invalid

I've got Cryptonomicon on my Amazon wish list. I'm not going to get around to that one for a while due to backlog.

Anyone have digital copies of Stross' The Missile Gap or A Colder War?
9/16/12 7:02 PM
invalid

That would be a VTFU tomorrow, sir!
9/16/12 7:26 PM
SlightlyStoopid
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
9/16/12 7:50 PM
jim dwyer

Edited: 09/16/12 7:50 PM
superCalo - 
jim dwyer -
superCalo -  Anyone got the lead singer of the red hot chili peppers autobiography ? Phone Post
  Scar tissue by Anthony Kiedis?
On paperback, rather than electronic, sorry!
Yep that's the one, I will search around, always meant to read it, the review of the nicki styxx one made me think of it. Phone Post
  It's a similar book, the stix one was more a diary of a year in his life, whereas the keidis book is more of a memoir? Both very similar personalities, and both very self-destructive.  
9/17/12 10:27 AM
invalid

B17 - If you could get the Malazan books up, I would be grateful

How do I do this? I have them but they're tied to my paid Kindle account.
9/17/12 1:15 PM
ferox13

Ttt Phone Post
9/18/12 8:33 AM
jim dwyer

TTT

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.