UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> The Official OG (kindle Book Club - Books included

9/21/12 9:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RoccCity
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still not working. Ill just do what I do with everything else. Keep tinkering with it...
9/21/12 10:02 AM
ferox13
658 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Join the dropbox and grab them fom there. Phone Post
9/21/12 10:09 AM
RoccCity
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferox13 -  Join the dropbox and grab them fom there. Phone Post

That worked. Thank you. Ill vote you up again when Im able to.
9/21/12 10:27 AM
invalid
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brace yourself, man. Erikson drops you straight into the middle of a huge story. If you can get past the confusion at first you're golden

So enjoy the next 9000 pages of your life haha
9/21/12 8:49 PM
Dbulletproof
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone got any decent sci-fi or non fiction?
9/22/12 1:11 PM
Dbulletproof
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dammit Ferox!

You've uploaded too many good books... now everyone's left the club to read!
9/22/12 1:31 PM
ferox13
658 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL. I got my GF a kindle last year for Xmas and she flys thru books. I wish I could read at that speed. It'll take me a month to read a book now (especially since I don't travel by bus often).

I think I have all the films, comics and books I can handle for the rest of my life.
9/22/12 3:18 PM
ferox13

To be honest i have no where good.

Library.nu was amazing before it went but now kickass and piratebay but to be honest i don't dl books much as i have about a years worth of reading between books,comics and kindle stuff.

I just grabbed a few bits for ppl on this thread. Phone Post
9/22/12 5:27 PM
eraera1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferox13 - I don't think you can upload to that Public Folder...

I just made a DROPBOX folder that can be shared. For this folder just upload books that you have recommended and written a short discription of. DOn't upload huge random book collections to this folder.

Photobucket

You can upload and download from it. To post a link from one of the files in the dropbox:

1) Right Click on the file.
2) Click on GET LINK.
3) Click on COPY LINK TO THIS PAGE.
4) The link is now COPIED to your CLIPBOARD so you can now PASTE it into a HTML link.

Photobucket

Then to Download the Kindle file just RIGHT CLICK/SAVE AS and save it to your PC.

I emailed you.
9/22/12 5:33 PM
ferox13

Ok reply when i get to Pc Phone Post
9/23/12 3:41 PM
random_muppett
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some advice please guys.

Got the kindle iPad app, want to get an actual kindle now (going to Cancun on vacation and am I formed the iPad won't hold up under direct sunlight, and it's a bit big).

Should I go for the original, or the touch? What's the differences/advantages/disadvantages of each please?

Not considering the fire (I have an iPad) or the keyboard kindle, unless someone can give me a reason to? Vtfu's for useful info!

Thanks. Phone Post
9/23/12 5:33 PM
invalid
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly, I don't really care for all the bells and whistles. I have a Kindle (keyboard?)... I dunno which one. I won it at a convention raffle.

I don't want an elaborate color screen - the one I have does a great job mimicking the look of a paperback, and I tried to read on an Ipad and the brightness hurt my eyes. Yeah, I could have messed with the settings, but in this case the less is more approach is better (not paying for all that unused stuff).

The thing is online, doesn't hurt my eyes, syncs automatically with all my devices, stores thousands and thousands of books, and already has cloud access automatically. I don't know what else I'd want in a reading device.

I don't really use my keyboard all that much, either. I don't make notes. Occasionally I'll highlight a passage to go back to, but stripped down all the other Kindles have all the stuff I want anyway.

Go with the cheapest, dude.
9/23/12 6:05 PM
invalid

B17 - I didnt go with the touch for the simple fact that if it fails, which I think might be more likely than an actual button, then you are screwed.

On the non-touch version, there is a page back and forward on each side of the Kindle, so even if one fails, there is still another one.

Ive used the keyboard function maybe a half dozen times, so being able to type on screen, to me, is not a benefit at all.

Yeah, I find the keyboard really awkward and more of a burden to use.

BTW, did you start Malazan yet? I realize now that I could still email your Kindle directly for a loan option or whatever. I think they delete after two weeks.

Where are you guys getting most of your books? I checked that previous link, but other than that I'm out of ideas. TPB only has the most mainstream bestsellers. I still plan on buying pretty much all my books anyway, but in some cases like Stross' work it isn't digital yet.

9/23/12 6:06 PM
random_muppett
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks guys.

Standard model it is. Phone Post
9/23/12 6:13 PM
invalid

random_muppett -  Thanks guys.

Standard model it is. Phone Post

I think you'll be really happy. It's a great device that... rekindled (LOL I'll be here all the week, tip your waitress) my love of reading after it took a backseat about two years ago. One problem that I had was it was just a huge pain in the ass to deal with physical copies. Having to order something you want and waiting for it to arrive or driving somewhere to get it opposed to some instant gratification sucks. Then they stack up, which is a huge annoyance since I move a lot.
9/23/12 8:15 PM
eraera1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferox13 -  To be honest i have no where good.

Library.nu was amazing before it went but now kickass and piratebay but to be honest i don't dl books much as i have about a years worth of reading between books,comics and kindle stuff.

I just grabbed a few bits for ppl on this thread. Phone Post

Sent email Ferox.
9/24/12 4:14 AM
ferox13

Invites sent :-)
9/24/12 5:37 AM
RoccCity

Added this

http://www.amazon.com/The-Supernaturals-ebook/dp/B005SVX4D6

The Supernaturals by David Golemon

Evil doesn’t always look scary…

Built at the turn of the twentieth century by one of the richest and most powerful men in the world, tucked away in the pristine Pocono Mountains, Summer Place, a retreat for the rich and famous, seems the very essence of charm and beauty, “a scene borrowed from a wondrous fairytale of gingerbread houses, bright forests, and glowing, sunny meadows.”

But behind the yellow and white trimmed exterior lurks an evil, waiting to devour the unwary….

Seven years ago, Professor Gabriel Kennedy’s investigation into paranormal activity at Summer Place ended in tragedy, and destroyed his career. Now, Kelly Delaphoy, the ambitious producer of a top-rated ghost-hunting television series, is determined to make Summer Place the centerpiece of an epic live broadcast on Halloween night. To ensure success, she needs help from the one man who has come face-to-face with the evil that dwells in Summer Place, a man still haunted by the ghosts of his own failure. Disgraced and alienated from the academic community, Kennedy wants nothing to do with the event. But Summer Place has other plans….

As Summer Place grows stronger, Kennedy along with the paranormal ghost hunting team, The Supernaturals, sets out to confront…and if possible, destroy…the evil presence dwelling there.

But sometimes in a paranormal investigation, the ghosts hunt you...

9/24/12 5:51 AM
RoccCity

Added seventeen David Morrell books.
9/24/12 6:08 AM
ferox13

The Supernaturals sounds good.
9/24/12 6:14 AM
jscorbett
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
9/24/12 6:15 AM
ratataa
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferox, mail sent. Phone Post
9/24/12 6:26 AM
ferox13

Invite sent man...
9/24/12 6:34 AM
jim dwyer
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To cut a long story short, does anyone have any guidebooks on Asia, but Tokyo and Bangkok specifically, that you could upload to the dropbox folder - I'm planning a work trip, and I want to make sure I maximise my time at weekends!

Thank-you!

9/24/12 6:35 AM
ratataa
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferox13 - Invite sent man...

thanks, up & running.

Will add books later

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.