UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jon Jones vs. Rampage Jackson full fight

9/2/12 1:05 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The UFC has released the full video of Jon "Bones" Jones vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 135 on September 24, 2011.

This was Jones' first Light heavyweight title defense, after beating Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 128.

The say you are not really the champ until you defend the title. After this, Jones was definitely the champion.

Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping:

Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen II

9/2/12 1:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
murr25
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones *is definitely the champion.. regardless of how much these guys below me bitch and complain;) Phone Post
9/2/12 1:24 PM
Jake Devree
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know one of the guys personally on the 152 card that got bumped to the Facebook card and a few of his sponsors pulled out making him lose about $10k. I'm not blaming anybody, but the situation sucks. Even still, Jones is an incredible fighter and I love watching him fight. It's like watching a Tom Cruise movie. Everyone hates him, but still want to see what he's going to do. Ok, maybe it's nothing like that....Ha!
9/2/12 1:26 PM
3rdLion
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like how the UFC have started uploading free old fights on YouTube
9/2/12 1:37 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ this shit being on the front page Phone Post
9/2/12 1:58 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TopGrinder - Lol I don't want to see this fight again. It sucked the first time around Phone Post
Really? I liked the fight, thought jones was masterful Phone Post
9/2/12 2:02 PM
Bipolar

I had forgotten how thoroughly Jones dominated Page in this fight. Jackson actually seemed interested in fighting for the first two rounds, but realized that he had nothing for Jones and kinda went into surival mode.

Jon showed a bit of everything, including a strong, quick fighter IQ, especially when he briefly found himself in a bad position.

Anytime Page was getting ready to wade in with some offense, Jones hit him with any number of kicks to keep him out of range. He showed some pretty impressive diversity.

I also hadn't realized how fast Jon is with his striking and overall movement. He really is very quick, and able to quickly get out of a dangerous spot, which he did a couple of times in this fight. The few times that Page had Jones off balance and vulnerable, Jon simply disappeared.

To me, one of Jones' greatest assests as a fighter is how he remains calm and collected no matter what situation arises. He's got zen-like patience and just never panics. And when his opponents eventually make a mistake out of desperation or they panic, Jones quickly capitalizes. You can tell he is a student of the sport, and studies Silva in particular very closely.
9/2/12 2:16 PM
HenryO

Far from prime Rampage but still impressive by jones
9/2/12 6:06 PM
Gatorade
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

id like to see ufc do this with more fights
9/2/12 6:36 PM
buzzkil

complete domination in all aspect of martial arts.
9/2/12 6:38 PM
buzzkil

striking check
wrestling check
karate check
boxing check
submissions check
9/2/12 8:01 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Anyone got a gif of him dodging punches at the end of the first round? Too bad he's an idiot outside the cage, cause inside he's a fucking genius. Phone Post
9/3/12 10:12 AM
JJimenez

So you post Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen II but then show their first fight, how about posting the right video!
9/3/12 11:32 AM
ElTriangulo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC have been firing free fights on youtube for ages. Why tell people about it now?
9/3/12 2:21 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ER MER GERD

The UFC never gives back!
9/3/12 2:29 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For the Henderson v Bisping fight

17:57 For the H-Bomb
19:16 For Slow Mo
20:55 for Hendo walking through the H-Bomb

... ya know, for all parties interested
9/3/12 3:24 PM
MPA2000

Bipolar - I had forgotten how thoroughly Jones dominated Page in this fight. Jackson actually seemed interested in fighting for the first two rounds, but realized that he had nothing for Jones and kinda went into surival mode.

Jon showed a bit of everything, including a strong, quick fighter IQ, especially when he briefly found himself in a bad position.

Anytime Page was getting ready to wade in with some offense, Jones hit him with any number of kicks to keep him out of range. He showed some pretty impressive diversity.

I also hadn't realized how fast Jon is with his striking and overall movement. He really is very quick, and able to quickly get out of a dangerous spot, which he did a couple of times in this fight. The few times that Page had Jones off balance and vulnerable, Jon simply disappeared.

To me, one of Jones' greatest assests as a fighter is how he remains calm and collected no matter what situation arises. He's got zen-like patience and just never panics. And when his opponents eventually make a mistake out of desperation or they panic, Jones quickly capitalizes. You can tell he is a student of the sport, and studies Silva in particular very closely.

I don't understand your definition of "dominate", because that is not what happened in that fight. Rampage came to fight, and I don't remember him backing up at any time. What I did see was Jones doing a lot of back peddling and running, every time he threw a punch or kick.

Rampage was trying to make Jones box and Jones wouldn't.

Obviously Rampage got tired and was subbed, but that doesn't mean he isn't a tough SOB. Rua, Machida and Bader were all tough SOBs, and he took them out faster than Rampage.

To date, only Rashad has went the distance with Jones, even though he never won a single round either.
9/3/12 4:49 PM
ima zombie
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MPA2000 -
Bipolar - I had forgotten how thoroughly Jones dominated Page in this fight. Jackson actually seemed interested in fighting for the first two rounds, but realized that he had nothing for Jones and kinda went into surival mode.

I don't understand your definition of "dominate", because that is not what happened in that fight. Rampage came to fight, and I don't remember him backing up at any time. What I did see was Jones doing a lot of back peddling and running, every time he threw a punch or kick.

Rampage was trying to make Jones box and Jones wouldn't.

Obviously Rampage got tired and was subbed, but that doesn't mean he isn't a tough SOB. Rua, Machida and Bader were all tough SOBs, and he took them out faster than Rampage.

To date, only Rashad has went the distance with Jones, even though he never won a single round either.
Bonnar went the distance as well I think ;) Phone Post
9/3/12 4:55 PM
Hungry4Stink
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The mat during the Bisping/Hendo fight has to be one of the most blood-stained in UFC history.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.