UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Overcoming Gravity

9/2/12 1:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Breeze05
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength

Has anybody read this book? This $50 piece has one of the highest ratings I have ever seen. Phone Post
9/2/12 5:15 PM
bjjguy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've also been thinking about buying this book. From what I've read, the biggest complaint is that the editing is a bit lacking which, for me at least, isn't a big deal. Overcoming Gravity seems to get better reviews than other books with a similar focus. Phone Post
9/2/12 7:39 PM
Vantro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a great book and is packed with a lot ofinformation. My only reservation with it is that Steven is not a gymnastic coach and his system is mostly theory without any proven efficacy. I really enjoyed reading it despite this, as the only other big book in this space (Building the Gymnastic Body by Coach Sommer) had some unanswered questions. Steven's chapters on prehab and rehab are alone probably worth the money. There's also a fantastic appendix with bodyweight progressions.

With all that said, over the past month, I have transitioned to using Coach Sommer's programme (mostly using his website www.gymnasticbodies.com) and have seen a lot of improvement. The 2nd ed. of Building the Gymnastic Body is apparently coming out soon. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.