UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> Items for sale.....No prices???

9/2/12 3:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ricksongjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/02/12 3:13 PM

Am I the only one who finds it annoying with all these threads listing items for sale but no prices?

I think if you are selling something you should name a price.("not pm me for price")or make an offer.
Maybe with something really rare I could see offers but not signed by card UFC posters,photos,figures etc...
9/2/12 3:13 PM
ricksongjj

There are about 10 threads up within the last week or two with items for sale and no prices on any of them.
9/2/12 3:15 PM
ricksongjj

Yep I have seen that happen plenty of times.
9/2/12 3:43 PM
hunto21

I don't really see how it is annoying. It let's the buyer decide what it is worth to them. Which is all that really matters. The seller can then decline or counter. Not sure what the big deal is.
9/2/12 3:49 PM
ricksongjj

I just think if you want to sell something name a price and if you get offers then go from there.

No one wants to name a price because they are always worried maybe they could get a few dollars more.
9/2/12 3:52 PM
hunto21

Or they'll get ridiculed and mocked for what they are asking....
9/2/12 3:55 PM
ricksongjj

That may be true in come cases but in my opinion a price is still always better.
9/2/12 4:34 PM
nothing_records

ricksongjj - That may be true in come cases but in my opinion a price is still always better.

A big +1

9/2/12 4:57 PM
Dawggy
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm less inclined to make an offer when items are listed with no prices. Phone Post
9/2/12 5:36 PM
aces_taylor
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dawggy - I'm less inclined to make an offer when items are listed with no prices. Phone Post
Agreed Phone Post
9/2/12 6:36 PM
fightpimp

The REAL REASON is that most of the sellers have no fucking clue what shit is worth. that and they want to squeeze every penny out of the buyer. Name a price, even if it's high and go from there. God forbid you loose $3 on a $100 poster.
9/2/12 6:54 PM
Big Shot

That's what I'm talking bout! Call it how you see it PIMP! The truth will set you free! Real words from a real mada faka!!!!
9/2/12 7:12 PM
hunto21

Edited: 09/02/12 7:12 PM
FP, I'm still waiting on prices for the storage units....Name a price even if it's high and go from there. :)
9/2/12 7:13 PM
armbarheelhook
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ricksongjj - I just think if you want to sell something name a price and if you get offers then go from there.

No one wants to name a price because they are always worried maybe they could get a few dollars more.
If you are advertising that you are selling items, you should state the price..
if someone is buying and they contact you looking for an item, the buyer should initiate an offer price first, then go from there.

If you don't know what your stuff is worth, ask here on the mem ground, look on internet/ebay for completed sales..use other resources. Phone Post
9/2/12 7:51 PM
ricksongjj

armbarheelhook - 
ricksongjj - I just think if you want to sell something name a price and if you get offers then go from there.

If you are advertising that you are selling items, you should state the price..
if someone is buying and they contact you looking for an item, the buyer should initiate an offer price first, then go from there.

If you don't know what your stuff is worth, ask here on the mem ground, look on internet/ebay for completed sales..use other resources. Phone Post

Agree,good post.
9/2/12 8:22 PM
mmagirl104
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely agree - like Dawggy I'm more inclined to not even ask if the price is not listed, unless it's something I really want badly. Otherwise I won't bother. Got into a few "pm" situations with people in the past and when I get the "someone else offered this $XXX" that's when I will usually say - well go with that guy then. I always assume there is no other offer ... just someone trying to drive the price up.
9/2/12 8:42 PM
Big Shot

ABH- I agree with you 100%,  but as a fellow collector you and I would have differences of opinion in price. As a seller, you would want a higher price. As a buyer I would want the lower price. As a buyer wanting a lower price, I would hate to offend you and insult you by offering you a price that you did not feel was substantial enough to purchase your item. At least if you shot me a price as a seller, I could negotiate with you, till we both found a common price or trade we were both comfortable with. Hence you not being offended and me not feeling ripped off. 
9/2/12 10:23 PM
Dawggy
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I offer $200 and someone else offers $350, not only does they make me look like a cheap fuck, but it essentially opens up a bidding war. I'd much rather just have a ball park price to work with to avoid insulting anyone and seeing how knowledgable the seller is about their item. Unless its a super rare item, most buyers already have an idea of what they expect to get. Phone Post
9/2/12 11:52 PM
pmbrent
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree with Ricksongjj. Phone Post
9/3/12 8:22 AM
FerrozzoFan

One of the main reasons no one puts a price is because you guys jump all over them when you think it is to high, Then bitch and moan about how someone is trying to screw you.

you guys can't have it both ways.

I agree that not having a price is annoying. But every collector knows what they can and will pay for something. so i see no reason not to create a bidding war, even if it is a fake bidding war.

If someone wants to put a price on something, go to ebay. you guys should be happy when stuff gets posted here first, even with no price. It's better than ebay and having the item stolen from you last second or the auction getting pulled and sold to someone else.

Honestly, you guys bitch way to much about what things cost or should cost.

Flame away
9/3/12 10:29 AM
Dawggy

eBay benefits the seller more than buyer, IMO. It's easier to post here first for a quick sale and to avoid PayPal and eBay fees. Rarely do you see items listed on eBay with a $0.00 starting price. If you list items here and say "I have no idea what this stuff is worth," that's one thing but to list items and say "highest bidder gets it," guarantees that I'll not make an offer on it.

That's like putting a used car on the side of the road and saying call for price. At least put a price on it so people know what you're looking for. If you go to a store and find something you're interested in with no price tag, you get a price check. Phone Post
9/3/12 11:14 AM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
@FerozzoFan,
I noticed your vote count went from -6 to -7 since that post which can only mean that your opinion/post is not valued here on the MMAemorabilia Ground. Please take your comments somewhere else.
9/3/12 2:25 PM
armbarheelhook
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Shot - ABH- I agree with you 100%,  but as a fellow collector you and I would have differences of opinion in price. As a seller, you would want a higher price. As a buyer I would want the lower price. As a buyer wanting a lower price, I would hate to offend you and insult you by offering you a price that you did not feel was substantial enough to purchase your item. At least if you shot me a price as a seller, I could negotiate with you, till we both found a common price or trade we were both comfortable with. Hence you not being offended and me not feeling ripped off. 
but of course! thats the beauty of the sale. I don't get offended to often only when someone offers me $100 for an item that normally sells for $1000 trying to steal item. ppl that do this aren't collectors, they are resellers trying to flip it and make a buck.

buyers know or should know a ballpark value of the item they want. If you post a thread looking for something & I post that I have it. you are coming back with "how much you want?" & I will say " shoot me an offer".

ferrozofan is talking about "fake bidding". which is a very good/bad thing depending on how someone's moral character is. fake bidding aka shill bidding is all over ebay and wouldn't surprise me one bit in small memorabilia internet forums either.

Either they are trying to control market values and their investment, or they are doing it just in spite of the person selling item. Down the road this could however hurt a particular item due to overinflation of actual market value.

I always try and be fair and honest whatever side I am on buyer/seller, afterall I can't take it with me when i'm dead. Phone Post
9/3/12 8:09 PM
FerrozzoFan

grkblood - @FerozzoFan,
I noticed your vote count went from -6 to -7 since that post which can only mean that your opinion/post is not valued here on the MMAemorabilia Ground. Please take your comments somewhere else.

says the guy -13.

Hey Joe...................... are you always a fag, or just when your boyfriends cock is in your ass?
9/3/12 8:19 PM
fightpimp

J you still in china or back on the big island?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.