UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JDS: 'Reem deserves a beating not a title shot

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/3/12 9:50 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1432 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On December 29, Junior dos Santos will defend the world heavyweght championship for the second time, against Cain Velasquez. But he would rather be fighting Alistair Overeem, a fight that is off the cards until Overeem can be licensed in late December, following a positive test for PEDs.

“If UFC wanted me to fight Overeem I’d gladly shut him up because he’s been saying a lot of crap, he’s been learning from Chael Sonnen," said dos Santos in an exclusive interview with TATAME.

“I’m tired of these guys who think they’re so big, so strong, so bad and that people will get frightened by them because they look bad. There’s no such thing anymore. We’re athletes and the winner will be the one who trains the most. That’s what I have to say about it."

“I really told Dana White I’d love to fight Overeem. Beating Overeem, actually. That’s what’s going to happen when this bout actually happens. It would be a pleasure. From the way I see it, he didn’t deserve a title shot. Cain deserves it and that’s why we’re fighting. Overeem deserves to a beating and I’m going to arrange that."

Read entire article...

9/3/12 10:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Smellde Gluve
654 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well that's definitely a fight I wanna see.

Fan of both.

Tough to call.
9/3/12 10:01 AM
Rampage23NTT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Careful what you wish for...

Not sure I could pick a winner, probably JDS. Would love to see it though! Phone Post
9/3/12 10:05 AM
kkmmnn
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR JDS

JDS is an absolute monster, the man is a machine. he will destroy Cain via round 1 KO again IMO and move on to dismantle Reem in brutal fashion.

i don't know who stands a chance to stop JDS. he has stated that Roy Nelson was his hardest fight by far, having hit him square in the jaw multiple times and Roy moving forward like it didnt phase him. Roy is also the only fighter to land some solid shots on JDS, and JDS stated this as well.

i feel like the Werdum rematch might be his toughest fight, seeing as Werdum has improved by leaps and bounds since their first fights years ago.

i feel like Cigano is going to defend that belt for a looooooooong time
9/3/12 10:06 AM
uratoker2
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like it. JDS is feelin' a bit nasty... Phone Post
9/3/12 10:07 AM
LucasBTiger
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Cain is smart about it... He's got a decent shot. If he stands in front of him... Well...
9/3/12 10:23 AM
The Dean of Cuisine
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2ommata - love that guy
. Phone Post
9/3/12 10:38 AM
Toquinho
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kds will fight reem for reems title after cain beat jds and reem beat cain Phone Post
9/3/12 10:40 AM
UGCTT_Gaspare

kkmmnn - WAR JDS

JDS is an absolute monster, the man is a machine. he will destroy Cain via round 1 KO again IMO and move on to dismantle Reem in brutal fashion.

i don't know who stands a chance to stop JDS. he has stated that Roy Nelson was his hardest fight by far, having hit him square in the jaw multiple times and Roy moving forward like it didnt phase him. Roy is also the only fighter to land some solid shots on JDS, and JDS stated this as well.

i feel like the Werdum rematch might be his toughest fight, seeing as Werdum has improved by leaps and bounds since their first fights years ago.

i feel like Cigano is going to defend that belt for a looooooooong time
I think Cormier can give him problems Phone Post
9/3/12 10:46 AM
Authority Figure

Reem > JDS, on or off the juice at this point.
9/3/12 11:02 AM
cheesesteak
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly don't think Reem has the chin to deal with JDS and i'm an old shool pride lover and long time Reem fan. Sure Reem is very dangerous to JDS but if they both start exchanging and connecting which I believe is what will happen, Reem gets all wobbly and goes down for the night.
9/3/12 11:05 AM
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toquinho - Kds will fight reem for reems title after cain beat jds and reem beat cain Phone Post
Was thinking the same thing bro Phone Post
9/3/12 11:08 AM
epwar
675 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage23NTT -  Careful what you wish for...

Not sure I could pick a winner, probably JDS. Would love to see it though! Phone Post

Yeah, a real toss up there - the guy who has never been KO'd or the guy who has been KO'd multiple times. ;-)
9/3/12 11:17 AM
Ludelow

Cees will take that belt home!

Mixed martial arts record:
Total 48
Wins 36

By knockout 15
By submission 19
By decision 2
Losses 11
By knockout 6
By submission 2
By decision 3
No contests 1
9/3/12 11:20 AM
Ludelow

Is The Reem Even Better than We Think He Is?

To prepare for his next fight, Carlos Augusto Filho (6-0) has been training with the Blackzilians. When it pertains to striking, his training time with UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem (36-11-1) has shown him a much different fighter than he expected.

"He surprised me," said Filho on TATAME. "He is really good on the stand-up. I thought he had a more basic work of knees but after I trained with the guy I could tell how good, high level and smart at striking he is. They said Hollanders are good at striking and he's been proving that to be true. And it's really hard taking him down. Sometimes you take him down but he knows how to fight on the ground too."

With the possibility of a Junior dos Santos (15-1) and Overeem fight in the future, Filho would have to give the nod to the Hollander based on the striking he has seen.

"He has really good boxing, kicks and is even more complete than Cigano," said Filho. "If [dos Santos] goes there only trying to use boxing, he will get caught and it will be easy for."

source:
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/boxingmma/alistair-overeem-even-better-we-think-he
9/3/12 1:41 PM
catgobling

i like Reem in this because of the power of knees. will be a fuckin good fight
9/3/12 1:50 PM
Toquinho
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What i think many people dont know is that the thing he is most known for in Holland/Japan and the thing former opponents are surprised about most is the impact o his striles, kicks and knees. Also US opponents like brock and Duffy said they never experienced anything like it and its just a monster. Mostly you see in his bout that after impact opponents that normally always come forward back-off, gameplan out the window.

Overeem also akways keeps his hand that he is not striking with next to his face for counters.

Like with Brock (unless injured) Overeem will be too muc power combined with overall skill for the others.

Only striker that beat him (if he will be let loose) is Badr Hari. Phone Post
9/3/12 2:24 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toquinho - What i think many people dont know is that the thing he is most known for in Holland/Japan and the thing former opponents are surprised about most is the impact o his striles, kicks and knees. Also US opponents like brock and Duffy said they never experienced anything like it and its just a monster. Mostly you see in his bout that after impact opponents that normally always come forward back-off, gameplan out the window.

Overeem also akways keeps his hand that he is not striking with next to his face for counters.

Like with Brock (unless injured) Overeem will be too muc power combined with overall skill for the others.

Only striker that beat him (if he will be let loose) is Badr Hari. Phone Post
I wonder why Overeem hits so hard...

And Badr Hari isn't the only guy who beat Reem in a Kickboxing match and isn't the only one who would if that is what you are saying. Phone Post
9/3/12 2:36 PM
sonnensseringe1314
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LucasBTiger - If Cain is smart about it... He's got a decent shot. If he stands in front of him... Well...
This Phone Post
9/3/12 2:42 PM
Johnny D
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS wrecks Reem, Cain will be interesting, the first one ended to quick, I think the second time around Cain may prove to be tougher but I still pick JDS. Phone Post
9/3/12 4:15 PM
stonepony

Cain could win and that will make the Overoids fight easier to put together.

It will be an easy KO for JDS. Overoids has never been able to strike with any competent strikers in MMA. They all knock him out. The only reason Mirko didn't knock him out like everybody else, is because Overoids got out of the fight by kneeing him in the balls over and over.
9/3/12 6:01 PM
Ludelow

Nick Fury - a pissed off JDS is a fucking scary thing.

a pissed off The Reem is way worse!
9/3/12 6:16 PM
Ludelow

stonepony - Cain could win and that will make the Overoids fight easier to put together.

It will be an easy KO for JDS. Overoids has never been able to strike with any competent strikers in MMA. They all knock him out. The only reason Mirko didn't knock him out like everybody else, is because Overoids got out of the fight by kneeing him in the balls over and over.

You are talking about The Reem @205?
that was a long time ago, when his neck was 50% from what it is now!
your neck decides if you get knocked out or not. The Reem has never been knocked out @HW!
9/3/12 6:44 PM
stonepony

Ludelow - 
stonepony - Cain could win and that will make the Overoids fight easier to put together.

You are talking about The Reem @205?
that was a long time ago, when his neck was 50% from what it is now!
your neck decides if you get knocked out or not. The Reem has never been knocked out @HW!

Not sure where you get all that about a fighter's neck... Obviously the roids help, but I don't think they've improved his chin.

It's beside the point though. He can't strike with JDS, they're a world apart. Where have we seen his "elite striking" in MMA?
9/3/12 7:04 PM
MercWaMouth85

RicoVelasquez - JDS speaks the truth.

JDS, Cain, and Cormier destroy Ubereem easily. Phone Post
THIS. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.