UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Astro A50's WTF

9/3/12 10:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PepperUK
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

New astro a50, great. However voice will not work with scuf controllers. Several email to astro, no reply. Customer service phone has no answer.

Firmware been updated. What next gg? Phone Post
9/3/12 4:37 PM
PepperUK
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone?? Phone Post
9/6/12 4:40 PM
PepperUK

Anyone thinking of buying astro a50's please wait. There appears to be a lot of bad hardware issues with a high amount of them. They do not work with scuf controllers and customer support is really bad.

Sending mine back, after 4 support requests and 5 emails and countless phone calls and posts on the astro gaming forum I got the agree for a refund.

Poor all round from a large company, just have a quick look on the astro forum and see all the people having exactly same issue. Phone Post
9/18/12 11:07 PM
Heywood Jablowme
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have been lookin for a good gaming headset and eveerything i read or watch says astros r top of the line thanks 4 the heads up. Do u know anything about the new trittons or new turtle beach mlg or black ops2?
9/19/12 4:40 AM
PepperUK

I have the new trittons warheads. They are completely wireless (no lead from headset to controller). Uses a battery and has a spare on charge in the base unit so it can be swapped. And they are a fantastic head set. Buttons to swap between game, music and film sound modes. Surround sound. Also independent controls for game and voice volume. They are a brilliant headset, very happy with them and I could not tell any sound difference between the a50 and warhead. I would suggest the warhead over the a50's.

Also on a side note, the a50's have no replaceable battery so when the battery in the headset fails (it's only made to last for a certain amount of hours) you have to send the whole headset back to astro for them to change the battery. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.