UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Powerlifting gear. AMA

9/10/12 11:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jeremy hamilton
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ Only to support my argument that you can do the same lifts every single day and make gains.
9/10/12 12:03 PM
Seemore Butts
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jeremy hamilton - ^^^ Only to support my argument that you can do the same lifts every single day and make gains.

Just stop dude. You can make your gains in olympic weightlifting, great, good for you man. But this is about making gains in powerlifting! Go back read his question in regards to my program before a meet. I answered him in what powerlifters use in their methods!!

Like I said more power to you. Great, I love weightlifting, I also love powerlifting.
9/10/12 12:07 PM
jeremy hamilton
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You still don't get it.

I compete in Powerlifting. I never change my exercises. I get stronger. I don't know any top lifter that does change their exercises.
9/10/12 12:08 PM
Seemore Butts
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God damn you!! Ijust got trolled hard.

*slow claps*
9/10/12 12:12 PM
jeremy hamilton

Seemore Butts - God damn you!! Ijust got trolled hard.

*slow claps*

I'm just not following.

Are you saying that you don't beleive me?

I never once said that I compete in WL.

I really thought this would be an intelligent discussion about PL training methods. I guess not.
9/10/12 2:24 PM
ravenman2000
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeremy, do you ever switch out assistance exercises for your main lifts?  If not now, then is that something you did while developing to get close to where you are now?
9/10/12 2:32 PM
Seemore Butts

arnanderson - LOL at OP not knowing difference between weightlifting and powerlifting!

I know the difference jack ass. I was under the assumption he was speaking in regards to powerlifting, well because it is a thread about powerlifting!!!!
9/10/12 2:48 PM
jeremy hamilton

ravenman2000 -  Jeremy, do you ever switch out assistance exercises for your main lifts?  If not now, then is that something you did while developing to get close to where you are now?

How do you mean? I do almost no assistance exercises so switching is not really happening.

I currently barbell row after I dl. When I get bored I will switch it for a Db row. Is that what you mean?
9/10/12 3:42 PM
ravenman2000
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/10/12 3:43 PM
 That is sort of what I meant.  I assume, as a competitive powerlifter, any training you do aside from the big three is "assistance" excercise intended to improve those three lifts.

So, you said you "currently" row (barbell or DB, depending on if you get bored); what I'd like to know is if you have done rows (BB or DB) as an assistance exercise after deadlift for many, many months (years?) at this point, or if you ever mix it up for a specific training advantage to target a weak area or something, such as switching them out with chin-ups occasionally.  Or, say, switching between good-mornings and romanian deadlifts every few months as a squat assistance.

9/10/12 4:24 PM
jeremy hamilton

ravenman2000 -  That is sort of what I meant.  I assume, as a competitive powerlifter, any training you do aside from the big three is "assistance" excercise intended to improve those three lifts.

So, you said you "currently" row (barbell or DB, depending on if you get bored); what I'd like to know is if you have done rows (BB or DB) as an assistance exercise after deadlift for many, many months (years?) at this point, or if you ever mix it up for a specific training advantage to target a weak area or something, such as switching them out with chin-ups occasionally.  Or, say, switching between good-mornings and romanian deadlifts every few months as a squat assistance.

Well yes and no. I military press because I like it and I wouldn't want to have that as a weakness. It just so happens to help my bench too.

Same goes for Chin ups/pullups. I want to be strong in all areas I just think you can get everything done with very little variety.

I use a BB Row right now for some extra back work and for grip work. I will switch it eventually for another kind of row.

I will be adding GHRs when I switch guys here in a few more weeks. Should be interesting to see if I get any carry over out of them.

9/10/12 4:25 PM
jeremy hamilton

*Gyms... Not guys lol.
9/10/12 4:40 PM
ravenman2000

Thanks, and lol at the typo.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.