UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Sign here to #freesuperCalo

9/5/12 4:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
2JupitersTooMany
1782 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

/thread
9/5/12 4:41 PM
A_Shovel
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carwin does not approve of the ban Phone Post
9/5/12 4:43 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

The Loge - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -
fourozgloves - 
Herring In A Fur Coat - Keep him banned. Making up fake news stories/tweets/quotes attributed to fighters is the lowest type shit you can do.
Unless you're wise to it, in which case you can take his posts as the comedy they're meant to be. I know he's not to everybody's taste but I enjoy his posts, as bizarre as they sometimes are. Phone Post

The problem is not everyone is wise to it.

Some people come here for the news/inside scoop, and aren't aware that anything posted by certain members is total bullshit.

This isn't the Onion.
Why is that a problem? If you're that dumb you shouldn't be allowed online in the first place. How is what Calo does any different from The Garv's rear naked joke stuff? Other than being much funnier of course.... Much love to the Garv as well but Calo is my boy. Phone Post

The Garv doesn't post fake bullshit on here, he keeps it on his site.

It's a problem if you're a new member or an occasional reader who hasn't been there forever.

How is a new member supposed to know that anything "superCalo" posts is bullshit?
9/5/12 4:45 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

The Loge - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -
fourozgloves - 
Herring In A Fur Coat - Keep him banned. Making up fake news stories/tweets/quotes attributed to fighters is the lowest type shit you can do.
Unless you're wise to it, in which case you can take his posts as the comedy they're meant to be. I know he's not to everybody's taste but I enjoy his posts, as bizarre as they sometimes are. Phone Post

Some people come here for the news/inside scoop, and aren't aware that anything posted by certain members is total bullshit.

This isn't the Onion.
Why is that a problem? If you're that dumb you shouldn't be allowed online in the first place. How is what Calo does any different from The Garv's rear naked joke stuff? Other than being much funnier of course.... Much love to the Garv as well but Calo is my boy. Phone Post

On the other hand, I do approve of the "If you're that dumb you shouldn't be allowed online in the first place" sentiment.

I'm all for requiring an IQ test when one signs up for internet access... the only problem is, I bet the UG would be reduced to maybe 100 members max. Not sure if superCalo would make the cut, and I'm "Willing" to bet most of his supporters on here won't make it either.
9/5/12 5:23 PM
mclay
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sogned Phone Post
9/5/12 5:25 PM
mclay
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany -  

/thread
Nice!! Phone Post
9/5/12 5:27 PM
MrColdCock
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed.
9/5/12 5:27 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

The Loge - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -
The Loge - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -
fourozgloves - 

This isn't the Onion.

On the other hand, I do approve of the "If you're that dumb you shouldn't be allowed online in the first place" sentiment.

I'm all for requiring an IQ test when one signs up for internet access... the only problem is, I bet the UG would be reduced to maybe 100 members max. Not sure if superCalo would make the cut, and I'm "Willing" to bet most of his supporters on here won't make it either.
If you can't see the awesomeness in superCalo's posts then i'm pretty sure you're not going to make that cut. Phone Post

I never claimed that I would... pretty sure you won't either though so I guess we're both out.

That aside, please do explain to me, how is a new member - even a very smart new member - supposed to "see the awesomeness in superCalo's posts" and realize that it's supposed to be a joke, and not an actual quote from Arianny or whoever else?

There is no way someone would figure this out without knowing the "back story" and reading a dozen other superCalo threads...
9/5/12 5:29 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

The Loge - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -
The Loge - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -
fourozgloves - 

This isn't the Onion.

Also what you said there qualifies as fighter bashing. Shane Carwin obviously supports superCalo and you just insinuated that Shane does not have a high enough IQ to be allowed access to the Internet. How dare you sir! I see a ban in your future. Phone Post

LOL this place will never get rid of me unless I leave voluntarily. No ban, no freeze. So sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.
9/5/12 5:29 PM
mediocreCalo

I'm movin' on up! Preferably to a de-lux apartment in the sky.
9/5/12 5:31 PM
Caught_clean
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His trolling is mostly light hearted and obvious satire. He took awhile to grow on me but I love him now. I could understand being very confused being new here when you see his posts though. Hes hit or miss but mainly hit, and usually causes no harm. I do see why posting fake tweets etc could be crossing the line though, he will be back!
9/5/12 5:31 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

gillyoteen - 
Herring In A Fur Coat - 
The Loge - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -
fourozgloves - 

This isn't the Onion.

The Garv doesn't post fake bullshit on here, he keeps it on his site.

It's a problem if you're a new member or an occasional reader who hasn't been there forever.

How is a new member supposed to know that anything "superCalo" posts is bullshit?

umm isn't that the whole point?

superCalo arianny tweet made it on front page of mma.tv news, which I then used on sherdog, hell half of the people there still think she made that tweet

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f44/arianny-celeste-reaches-out-jon-jones-2188801/

how fucking awesome is that

Yes I guess spreading misinformation is really fucking awesome. What could be better?
9/5/12 5:32 PM
madmav
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

free da man..
9/5/12 5:34 PM
fourozgloves
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herring In A Fur Coat -
The Loge - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -
The Loge - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -
fourozgloves - 

This isn't the Onion.

If you can't see the awesomeness in superCalo's posts then i'm pretty sure you're not going to make that cut. Phone Post

I never claimed that I would... pretty sure you won't either though so I guess we're both out.

That aside, please do explain to me, how is a new member - even a very smart new member - supposed to "see the awesomeness in superCalo's posts" and realize that it's supposed to be a joke, and not an actual quote from Arianny or whoever else?

There is no way someone would figure this out without knowing the "back story" and reading a dozen other superCalo threads...
But surely a new member wouldn't use Calo as their only source of MMA news/gossip, and in most of his threads it's pretty clear from the replies that it's not to be taken seriously. Phone Post
9/5/12 5:36 PM
Roman Monstrum
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best poster on mma.tv Phone Post
9/5/12 5:38 PM
Dazednconfused
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah and the thing is he doesn't even do it in a clever or witty way. It's like it's been written by a 15yr old. I don't get why everyone is all over his nuts. Phone Post
9/5/12 5:46 PM
rrg1

SIGNED

Bring him back!
9/5/12 5:48 PM
SSSnakeman
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I lurk here strictly for the superCalo.
9/5/12 6:01 PM
Bromovich
487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed also Voting him TFU. Phone Post
9/5/12 6:02 PM
KZTT_HaliChap
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freeze OP for publicly fellating SC the way he has been ITT. there is being a fan of the kid, and then there is whatever the creepy fuck you got for him. Phone Post
9/5/12 6:12 PM
Smurphy
792 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who is this SuperCalo character you're all referring to? Phone Post
9/5/12 6:16 PM
AlphaSlap
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I support SuperCalo
9/5/12 6:17 PM
xsrg95
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlphaSlap - I support SuperCalo

9/5/12 6:19 PM
Dazednconfused
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bunch of sheep you all are. Phone Post
9/5/12 6:22 PM
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.