UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> PC gamers: School me on FPS

9/5/12 12:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Wallabee Kingpin
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArmA 2 makes me want to build a pc really bad...but I've never ventured into computer gaming...TME

Also no search on the coolPhone Phone Post
9/5/12 1:06 PM
NotsoMightySkull
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mouse and keyboard rule for fps and the graphics and games available for multiplayer are much better on the PC.
The multiplayer experience in itself is at least 10 years ahead of consoles.
PC is more expensive overall as you have to update your gear every couple of years.
I love PC gaming. I have a PS3 and rarely touch it.
I can not think of any game I would rather have on the PS3 (except sports and racing like Madden and Gran Torino)

Better graphics and multiplayer options is where PC's really shine.
Check out Borderlands 2 or Planetside, Team fortress 2, left for dead 2, Mechwarrior online. Great multiplayer games.
9/5/12 1:17 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PC is just years ahead. Higher resolutions, better frame rates, mods etc. If you ever compare the PC and console version of a multiplat game you'll be shocked. A lot of the time the PC version on lowest settings looks better than the console version.

Also, as has been mentioned, kb mouse is vastly superior for first person games and also strategy games. Trying to aim with a gamepad is a tedious experience compared to using a mouse.

Finally, BF3 on PC....that is all. Phone Post
9/5/12 2:00 PM
BigWilliam
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The downside is you need to do your homework before buying a gaming PC so you don't waste money or get ripped off.
9/5/12 4:29 PM
The Wallabee Kingpin
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yay thanks for the info...any other bf3 like suggestions? Phone Post
9/5/12 6:48 PM
Freeman
326 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mods also are a huge plus on the PC. Mouse and keyboard is infinitely better than any gamepad for FPS games.

Consoles are good for sports and fighting games but PC is awesome for everything else.
9/5/12 8:23 PM
JonnyW
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotsoMightySkull - Mouse and keyboard rule for fps and the graphics and games available for multiplayer are much better on the PC.
The multiplayer experience in itself is at least 10 years ahead of consoles.
PC is more expensive overall as you have to update your gear every couple of years.
I love PC gaming. I have a PS3 and rarely touch it.
I can not think of any game I would rather have on the PS3 (except sports and racing like Madden and Gran Torino)

Better graphics and multiplayer options is where PC's really shine.
Check out Borderlands 2 or Planetside, Team fortress 2, left for dead 2, Mechwarrior online. Great multiplayer games.

All this! But also mods on PC is where its at. Skyrim on PC is awesome just in its mods alone. I dont think I could play Skyrim on a console and think its the same game.
9/6/12 10:44 AM
BigWilliam
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It really depends on what kind of shooters you like Wallabee. You like more realistic cover based? Or crazy over the top run and gun?
9/6/12 11:36 AM
The Wallabee Kingpin

BigWilliam - It really depends on what kind of shooters you like Wallabee. You like more realistic cover based? Or crazy over the top run and gun?
More into realistic shooters, although these modded games sound dope! Phone Post
9/6/12 11:49 AM
BigWilliam

The Battlefield series is pretty well known for it's soldier style shooter action. The BF3 suggestion earlier is probably the way you want to go.

I mostly play the crazy run and guns, so I don't know a ton about the cover based ones.
9/6/12 12:46 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The biggest question is are you more interested in singleplayer or competitive multi. Battlefield's singleplayer campaign is pretty shitty, although the graphics are awesome.
9/6/12 6:58 PM
The Wallabee Kingpin

orcus -  The biggest question is are you more interested in singleplayer or competitive multi. Battlefield's singleplayer campaign is pretty shitty, although the graphics are awesome.
Competitive multiplayer all the way! What are the big tournaments? Phone Post
9/6/12 11:58 PM
gregbrady
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PC gaming sucks

I switched over to console about Quake 2 and never looked back.
9/7/12 2:23 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gregbrady - PC gaming sucks

I switched over to console about Quake 2 and never looked back.
Lol Phone Post
9/7/12 5:55 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Theres a few good online fps's for free on Steam. Tribes:Ascend, Team Fortess 2, Blacklight:Retribution. Phone Post
9/11/12 9:35 AM
BigWilliam

Tribes Ascend is a bad ass game, but very stressful. Most games I find myself smiling and relaxing when I play. Tribes I end up wide eyed and paranoid for an hour afterwards. It's well worth ten bucks.
9/13/12 5:22 PM
TheMountain
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was never into multi-player FPS but purchased a GTX 670 and wanted to give it a workout so I picked up BF3. Three days later I purchased the premium. 6 weeks later I have logged almost 100 hours in that fucking game…

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.