UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Duffin destroys 900lb Raw Deadlift @ 220 bw

9/5/12 1:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
oracle4321
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/05/12 1:17 PM

Yes, its a training lift and yes done with straps. But still impressive regardless. I heard that there are only 3 people recordered to have pulled over 900lbs with the sumo stance in competition in the history of powerlifting.... at any weight class.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsVrs7EpsDY 
9/5/12 1:40 PM
jeremy hamilton
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes not many, I can only think of 1 and that's Ed Coan.

I will hopefully be competing against Chris in February, I know he needs an elbow surgery so I hope that goes well for him.

9/5/12 9:19 PM
tristar
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing Phone Post
9/6/12 10:11 AM
itisasitis
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Jeremy,

When you deadlift, do you lift sumo style or conventional?

Would you recommend sumo style more for guys who want to pursue powerlifting or should everybody try sumo deadlifts?
9/6/12 10:57 AM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love the whip in the bar on those deads!
9/6/12 11:51 AM
jeremy hamilton
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

itisasitis - Hey Jeremy,

Would you recommend sumo style more for guys who want to pursue powerlifting or should everybody try sumo deadlifts?

I pull conventional. I don't know how anybody can pull more than 135 sumo, feels like my hips are going to explode.

I know that anyone that pulls well sumo has had to work very hard at perfecting their technique.

It's really a matter of personal preference. There are guys with all sorts of different leverages pulling all different ways.
9/6/12 12:01 PM
itisasitis
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool, thanks for the info.

I have always pulled conventional, and wouldn't know where to start with sumo.
9/6/12 12:56 PM
None So Blind
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, geez, thanks OP, now I feel like a little fucking girl :-P
9/6/12 4:23 PM
None So Blind
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LiftStrong - Love the whip in the bar on those deads!

I've long said I will feel "strong enough" when I can do a squat or deadlift and the bar goes "boingedy-boing" when I complete a rep :-P
9/8/12 10:46 PM
SHUTD0WN
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
9/10/12 3:35 PM
Out To Lunch
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jeremy hamilton - 
itisasitis - Hey Jeremy,

I pull conventional. I don't know how anybody can pull more than 135 sumo, feels like my hips are going to explode.

I know that anyone that pulls well sumo has had to work very hard at perfecting their technique.

It's really a matter of personal preference. There are guys with all sorts of different leverages pulling all different ways.

I might be made for pulling sumo. I have been stuck at 415 conventional for awhile. I am going to try sumo and see how I do. Untrained, I used to pull 320 many years ago. Without any technque knowledge. If I work this, maybe I can break the 415 barrier.
9/10/12 7:25 PM
shadallion
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That guy weighs 20 lbs less than me, and is literally twice as strong.
9/12/12 10:28 AM
paw
1414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very impressive. 
9/13/12 2:14 AM
molsonman
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None So Blind -

I've long said I will feel "strong enough" when I can do a squat or deadlift and the bar goes "boingedy-boing" when I complete a rep :-P
You both need to start taking the slack out of the bar. Phone Post
9/13/12 12:32 PM
None So Blind

molsonman - 
None So Blind -

You both need to start taking the slack out of the bar. Phone Post

I will do exactly that....when I can hang 300+ pounds on each side of the bar ;-)
9/13/12 2:13 PM
Barbartha
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fucking impressive.
9/14/12 4:04 AM
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jesus tapdancing christ.
9/14/12 4:08 PM
Cheggers
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck. I jury my lower back trying a wider stance deadlift. I was trying to keep my lower and upper back straight or arched a bit like a squat. If I upload a vid of my form can anyone give me some tips? This was only doing 130kgs and I'm quite long limbed. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.