UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mitrione: Jon Jones is 'douchey'

9/5/12 11:06 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I think he shows a lot of douchey quality when he talks about, "Well, I'm a business man," I'm just being honest. "I'm a business man here, I got less pay-per-views for this guy so why would I want to fight him?" Dude, you want to fight him because he is probably the next best person in line. Maybe you talk about this stuff with your camp people or your manager, but you don't bitch about that or make it your main argument of why you turned down a fight or why you don't want to fight someone. That's my opinion. Overtime, I think he went from being a pretty cool guy, pretty humble, to being about as arrogant as I can handle. He's so cocky, he seems like really, so disingenuous and just blah, just not my flavor of a human being, that's all.

I even told Joe Silva, if Jon Jones is talking about going to heavyweight, I'd love to welcome Jon Jones to the heavyweight division. I'm not going to have a title anytime soon, so it's not going to be some superfight, but if you want to come play around in the heavyweight division, I'd love to try and punch you in the face. Let me be James Irvin, let me do that, cool."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

9/5/12 11:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went from not liking Meathead to liking him to being a complete fan.

He is funny as hell and seems like the kind of guy that would be cool as hell to hang out with.

9/5/12 11:13 PM
Malvert the Janitor
937 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Phone Post
9/5/12 11:13 PM
Malvert the Janitor
937 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen -  I went from not liking Meathead to liking him to being a complete fan.

He is funny as hell and seems like the kind of guy that would be cool as hell to hang out with.

Tito disagrees.

: ) Phone Post
9/5/12 11:17 PM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meathead throws down the gauntlet. Phone Post
9/5/12 11:18 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One time Frank Mir called Mitrione "Mitrionay".

Frank is a lyrical wordsmith. Phone Post
9/5/12 11:21 PM
hubris
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meathead makes a good point
9/5/12 11:22 PM
Datguy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome, whens his next fight? Phone Post
9/5/12 11:23 PM
Mookie Blaylock
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ALL the Jon Jones hate is unjustified and out of spite and jealousy. Except for the DUI. but that was a mistake and won't happen again.
caseharts
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy is eloquent. I love mitrione. Phone Post
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KevinMcAllister - One time Frank Mir called Mitrione "Mitrionay".

Lol.

I hadn't heard that one. That's some level 10 smack. Phone Post
Seekntruth
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KevinMcAllister -  One time Frank Mir called Mitrione "Mitrionay".

That's funny chit right there!
9/5/12 11:27 PM
Death
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen -  I went from not liking Meathead to liking him to being a complete fan.

. Phone Post
9/5/12 11:28 PM
man meets fate

says the guy who talks shit about tito ortiz wife, lets just end this thread saying a douche is talking shit about another douche.

just one douche is biting off more than he can chew and trying to get his name out there.

Jones even weighing in at 205 would smoke jones, guillotine choke within 2 mins.

9/5/12 11:46 PM
xsrg95
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome Phone Post
9/5/12 11:49 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate - 
 says the guy who talks shit about tito ortiz wife, lets just end this thread saying a douche is talking shit about another douche.

just one douche is biting off more than he can chew and trying to get his name out there.

Jones even weighing in at 205 would smoke jones, guillotine choke within 2 mins.

that just happened..
9/5/12 11:54 PM
REALLYBIGRHINO

Edited: 09/05/12 11:54 PM
if you don't feel like reading that just say the quote out loud sounding like meathead... haha
9/5/12 11:55 PM
LoveMeLongTime

Mitrione has always sounded like an incoherent buffoon whenever he has the mic or is interviewed. He is the prototypical dumb jock we were all forced to go to school with for so many years. What the F* is he talking about anyways?
9/6/12 12:02 AM
G1GAH3ART

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - first fight for Jones at HW, Mitrione, and Mitrione will beat him.

Matt isn't some Middleweight fighting at LHW, Jones is in for a rude awakening when he moves up.

THIS.

Jones isn't a POUND-FOR-POUND talent unlike Anderson, Hendo, etc. who can lay waste opponents heavier than them.

Jones has always been the bigger guy everytime he steps into the cage. He outpowers smaller guys, outwrestlers smaller guys, he submits smaller guys. FACT is, he doesn't fight in his NATURAL WEIGHTCLASS.

He won't be able to do that to the heavies. Especially when heavies probably hits probably 5x times harder than 205-ers, maybe more. And Jones' weakness is striking / standup, that's why he takes down the guys. Heavies would lit him up.

Matt "MEATRAIN" Mitrione via KO any day of the week.
9/6/12 12:11 AM
tbi0904
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - first fight for Jones at HW, Mitrione, and Mitrione will beat him.

Matt isn't some Middleweight fighting at LHW, Jones is in for a rude awakening when he moves up.
Mitrione would get crushed. He's about the last dude that should be criticizing anyone for being douchey.

And who are all the middleweights fighting at Lhw? Rampage? Bader? Shogun? Machida? Bonnar? Mats? O'Brien? Vera? Rashad might be the only guy you could make an argument about. Phone Post
9/6/12 12:12 AM
man meets fate

Edited: 09/06/12 12:15 AM
G1GAH3ART - 
Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - first fight for Jones at HW, Mitrione, and Mitrione will beat him.

THIS.

Jones isn't a POUND-FOR-POUND talent unlike Anderson, Hendo, etc. who can lay waste opponents heavier than them.

Jones has always been the bigger guy everytime he steps into the cage. He outpowers smaller guys, outwrestlers smaller guys, he submits smaller guys. FACT is, he doesn't fight in his NATURAL WEIGHTCLASS.

He won't be able to do that to the heavies. Especially when heavies probably hits probably 5x times harder than 205-ers, maybe more. And Jones' weakness is striking / standup, that's why he takes down the guys. Heavies would lit him up.

do i have to say it again??????

9/6/12 12:12 AM
pharochuck
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
I think 225lb jones has his way with mittrione. As for the douche stuff, well he had some questionable act on tuf and the stuff with Tito was real distasteful. The smiling and mocking he did to kimbo was bush league. Overall his antics have turned off some folks as well. He's a good fighter, tough and strong and has definitely earned the right to speak his opinion, but at this point he's just piling on Phone Post
9/6/12 12:18 AM
Ninjaworm7555

Mookie Blaylock - ALL the Jon Jones hate is unjustified and out of spite and jealousy. Except for the DUI. but that was a mistake and won't happen again.
Lol, right man. Meathead is right, that kid has no balance in his life. He's getting DUIs, having a shit ton of kids and then trying act to act like he has a good "business" mind? Get the fuck out of here with that fake shit. I hope someone whoops this guy's ass and he goes away, I'm tired of him already. Phone Post
9/6/12 12:18 AM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong

Got to love the meathead logic if nothing else. Guy is a douche 'cause he dosent want anything but super fights. I'm not a super fight. So, like, u wanna fight? Phone Post
9/6/12 12:21 AM
epic hero

G1GAH3ART - 

THIS.

I don't know if Jones would lose to Mitrione, but I agree that he has a huge size and stength advantage over his opponents, the only reason he can even make 205 is because his small legs.

I agree that he wouldn't be successful at HW, his size and strength advantages are a main key to his success.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.