UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Recovery. Shakes/Suppliments?

9/6/12 2:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PTM2020
922 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Used Endurox before.  It seemed to be ok.

Looking for new ideas or more testaments for Endurox.

What do you use?

9/6/12 2:59 AM
BALLSDEEP
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chocolate milk
9/6/12 3:01 AM
PTM2020
922 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/06/12 3:01 AM
lol.yeah

actually when my Endurox ran out I've been drinkin lotsa Chocolate Milk!

but, I'm lookin for other ideas right now too.

9/6/12 9:00 AM
BALLSDEEP
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was jk, but know a lot of people that do. I usually chug a bunch of isolate protein, maybe with some dextrose in it or a gatorade or whateva. I've tried shit out of gnc or samples from the Arnold Classic, but don't feel much of a difference. Now pre-workout, that's a different ballgame...
9/6/12 10:00 AM
mkou
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some whey + water and a few bananas or cookies. That's what I do, lol.
9/6/12 10:41 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use 4:1 carb to protein drink. then eat within an hour or two. I weight 160 so I use 40 grams of carbs to 10 grams of protein (usually a pea/rice isolate). no problemo, always "recover" super well 
9/6/12 12:18 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I only use a post workout drink when I have to do something straight after my workout. If I am on the run I usually mix up some Org acai juice with a scoop of protein powder. No special reason for the acai juice other than I get it cheap through work. I usually just have a big meal when I get home.
9/6/12 1:09 PM
Crw
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use phd Recovery 2:1 Phone Post
9/6/12 6:34 PM
Just_Scrap
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Optimum nutrition hydrobuilder works pretty good for me. Phone Post
9/6/12 6:51 PM
turducken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unflavored plain whey in water or coconut water(if i have it fresh) + some fresh fruit. i dont think its ever healthy to ingest refined sugars, so i pass on the chocolate milk full of white sugar and/or the recovery drink filled with a shitton of dextrose. i seem to recover well and am constantly progressing with my fitness levels, so i dont think im missing anything.
9/6/12 7:56 PM
Authority Figure

BALLSDEEP - Chocolate milk

Too much sugar!

It's going to sound really stupid, but I get by with EAS Myoplex Original Ready to Drink. 42GM of protein and more vitamins that any other post workout drink that you can buy from a pharmacy, GNC, Target or grocery store. Now if you've got more money to spend and time to order online there are better products. But if you want something you can buy anywhere, Myoplex Original can't be beat.
9/6/12 11:13 PM
BALLSDEEP

^^It is. Why I said I was jk...although lots of people do (if more in the bulking mindset). I've tried those ur talking about, they taste good & are good for ya. I buy 3lbs. of whey isolate from Amazon for about $18...but they just hiked the price up about ten bucks I just learned...:/
9/7/12 8:19 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the bulking mindset you mean p-lifters who eat everything in sight? They don't look very healthy or even good...although I understand that their ultimate goal is to just lift more even if they look like Sumo wrestlers haha but to each their own. 
9/8/12 12:06 AM
virux11b
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArthurKnoqOut -  I use 4:1 carb to protein drink. then eat within an hour or two. I weight 160 so I use 40 grams of carbs to 10 grams of protein (usually a pea/rice isolate). no problemo, always "recover" super well 
I'm getting ready to try the same type of protein. Herbalife makes it. Phone Post
9/8/12 12:13 AM
turducken

lmao @ buying anything from herbalife
9/8/12 12:25 AM
virux11b
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

turducken - lmao @ buying anything from herbalife
Please elaborate. I asked about it before on here. I don't remember you offering advice? Phone Post
9/8/12 1:05 AM
JFlash916

mkou - Some whey + water and a few bananas or cookies. That's what I do, lol.
Same here lol Phone Post
9/8/12 5:28 AM
ArthurKnoqOut

virux11b - 
turducken - lmao @ buying anything from herbalife
Please elaborate. I asked about it before on here. I don't remember you offering advice? Phone Post

known troll. :)
9/8/12 6:53 AM
Sudo21
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some protein powder + some fruit (bananas, blueberries, oranges or something like that). I don't use pure whey, but something that has different types of protein in it (whey, casein, egg protein...).

I tried different stuff, but this works just fine.
9/8/12 9:48 PM
Authority Figure

Been thinking about ordering some Lifetime: Life's Basics Plant Protein
9/10/12 11:25 PM
savage animal
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been on a chocolate milk kick for a while.

Used to use Universal Torrent and I felt great after workouts.

Then I started mixing my own bulk protein and waxy maize to make "my own Torrent"but after reaching the en of that jug of waxy maize powder, can't bring myself to buy a bunch of empty carbs again.

I always question...do I reaally need to replenish my glycogen stores? Do I really need to 2:1 or 4:1. ?

Most recently I've been doing a scoop of whey and G2 (Gatorade no sugar) together, not sure if accomplishing anything or not.

I don't know if a couple apples or bananas, as some have mentioned, are enough for the post w/o carb source,but I like the whole food, old fashioned approach, would love it if someone could convince me that this truly does the job... Phone Post
9/10/12 11:42 PM
WestCoastMXC

Strawberry Milk or Optimum Nutrition Protein. Phone Post
9/11/12 3:37 PM
ArthurKnoqOut

savage animal -  Been on a chocolate milk kick for a while.

Used to use Universal Torrent and I felt great after workouts.

Then I started mixing my own bulk protein and waxy maize to make "my own Torrent"but after reaching the en of that jug of waxy maize powder, can't bring myself to buy a bunch of empty carbs again.

I always question...do I reaally need to replenish my glycogen stores? Do I really need to 2:1 or 4:1. ?

Most recently I've been doing a scoop of whey and G2 (Gatorade no sugar) together, not sure if accomplishing anything or not.

I don't know if a couple apples or bananas, as some have mentioned, are enough for the post w/o carb source,but I like the whole food, old fashioned approach, would love it if someone could convince me that this truly does the job... Phone Post

they say that a liquid is better immediatly because it won't "prevent your blood from circulating to your muscles" instead of your digestive track, which is what happens when you eat solid foods, especially a big meal...

as far as glycogen stores it depends on what sort of activity you've done, aerobic vs strength training but it also helps your body facilitate the amino acids' usage...as with all nutritionally things "SUPPOSEDLY"
9/12/12 1:01 AM
EdgeHoboken
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The type, brand, and style of protein is also very important. rBST free, Isolate vs Concentrate, sugars and additives.

To be safe, a good readily available (whole foods, other health food stores) brand is - Jarrow - Non-flavored is great for regular supplimentation, chocolate is good for post workouts.

This is a solid easy to get ahold of GOOD FOR YOU protein

JP

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.