UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Leaving Congo... 3 days ago I buried a Pygmy baby.

9/6/12 10:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
justinthevikingwren
1124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

future_champ - Justin thanks for all you are doing!
Thanks bro!

Btw with your name future champ and no greenname is that your hopes?

If so best wishes brotha! Phone Post
9/6/12 10:25 AM
AJDavis
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont respond to that loser bro!
9/6/12 10:30 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Keep doing the good work my fellow Viking!
9/6/12 10:32 AM
Suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

much respect Justin.  ignore the trolls 
9/6/12 10:33 AM
UGCTT_ WhoWishesTheyWereSmooth?
757 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren -
Tat2tillidie - TTT it's awesome that you're helping ... I'm broke as hell but would love to help anyway I can ... Would you take clothes as donations ? What can I do ? Phone Post
Absolutely!

They are SLAVES for clothes. Clothes are a need for sure.

Thanks bro! I'll let you know! Phone Post
Also this, I'm poor but I have a shitload ( really I can't stress.how much) amount of clothes that I'll be.ditching.soon. I'd love for.them.to.go.to.q.cause.instead of the.trash Phone Post
9/6/12 10:33 AM
NicolasExitBJJ
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

start a paypal fund, i'm sure lots of ppl here will contribute

https://fundrazr.com/
9/6/12 10:35 AM
Flexo
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unclehulka13 -
justinthevikingwren -
unclehulka13 - Help the kids in America. Phone Post
This is your response???

Do you help kids in America? I truly want your answer and that's about it you troll.

I try... I am an official volunteer at the 4th best rated Children's hospital in the USA... Had to do several training courses to get there. I also organized the Children's Hospital visits that were covered by Inside MMA.

Let me ask you a question though real quick... Are there kids denied hospital treatment and dying in America... Denied medicine?

I try do things on the local level, national level, and international level.

Locally at the children's hospital... Once a week at my church youth group... Also visit local juvenile detention centers.

Are you satisfied now? Phone Post
Not really? Are you looking for praise? This is an mma forum. Post on the helpingcongokidsground Phone Post
Lookout everybody, we've got a badass on our hands. Phone Post
9/6/12 10:36 AM
justinthevikingwren
1124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RLL -  Justin,

I hope this doesnt get skipped over. You need to join Reddit.com and post a new submission to the AMA (Ask Me Anything) section (I spent 3 weeks with The Mbuti Pygmies and helped bury one of their children, AMA) . Reddit now also has a built in system for donations. This site has raised millions of dollars in donations for other stories like this in the past. Go there with your stories from your visit, show them pictures, ask for help and they will vote you to the top and begin providing donations. Be sure to have your charity info ready before you post, as hopefully the money will start rolling in.

RLL
Hey brother I can NOT thank you enough for this!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you :-)

In Uganda so it will be a bit... So I will try to prep this before posting. Phone Post
9/6/12 10:42 AM
ltlurker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

before you post in reddit, put it here. We can dojo storm reddit and try to get it pushed to the front page
9/6/12 10:45 AM
wrestlerguy04
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT. Very cool of you to do and share with us.
Definitely post up some info for contributing.
9/6/12 10:51 AM
RONINXOM
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Difficult stuff to experience I am sure. Phone Post
9/6/12 10:51 AM
deepu
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for sharing Justin. Have you looked into crowd sourced funding for setting up a charity that you run? Something like KickStarter.

Problems with charities is always whether the money gets to where it is supposed to but if you have the initiative to deliver things yourself then you're off to a great start.
9/6/12 10:52 AM
NicolasExitBJJ
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://fundrazr.com/

http://www.indiegogo.com/

i'm sure there's a few more
9/6/12 10:53 AM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin,

Do you have any photos of your experiences?
9/6/12 10:54 AM
Baby Monkey Guard
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin.... One man cannot change the world alone, but he CAN start the movement and plant the seed.

I implore you to follow your heart.

We need Human beings like you. Phone Post
9/6/12 10:55 AM
Uchi
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Justin,
Inspiring story. I have spent some time in third world countries, and some things you see just can not be written with the level of empathy they deserve. Its hard.

If you set up a fund, I'll donate. If you hope to start a cause..perhaps ask around other organizations who might operate in the area for some sort of idea on how to start? Doctors without Borders popped into my head, as I've seen their operation in Guatemala..they likely operate in the Congo. Good luck!!
9/6/12 10:59 AM
Theory of Everything
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unclehulka13 - 
justinthevikingwren -
unclehulka13 - Help the kids in America. Phone Post
This is your response???

Do you help kids in America? I truly want your answer and that's about it you troll.

I try... I am an official volunteer at the 4th best rated Children's hospital in the USA... Had to do several training courses to get there. I also organized the Children's Hospital visits that were covered by Inside MMA.

Let me ask you a question though real quick... Are there kids denied hospital treatment and dying in America... Denied medicine?

I try do things on the local level, national level, and international level.

Locally at the children's hospital... Once a week at my church youth group... Also visit local juvenile detention centers.

Are you satisfied now? Phone Post
Not really? Are you looking for praise? This is an mma forum. Post on the helpingcongokidsground Phone Post

Calo is frozen, yet this punk is allowed to post...
9/6/12 11:03 AM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If unclehulka ever posts threatening to kill himself, no one try to save him.

Nothing but respect for The Viking.
9/6/12 11:10 AM
Toquinho
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been 2 DRC twice and based on my experience in DRC And the places where I was (BUkavu) bordering rwanda where i landed and crossed rainforest to bukavu, this story is hard to believe.

All I noticed was hate towards white men, people with army equipment, fighting, poverty etc. As white men without army or undp protection we could not show ourselves.

But its a huge country so guess u were some place else, to me it was just a mad place in war and very primitive Phone Post
9/6/12 11:19 AM
Mike Chiappetta
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin, I think what you're doing is amazing and selfless and I would like to write a story about it for MMAFighting.com. Hopefully that attention will help your cause, and I can link to any fundraising efforts you are doing for this. Email me at mgc324 at gmail.com
9/6/12 11:20 AM
cworley
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toquinho - Been 2 DRC twice and based on my experience in DRC And the places where I was (BUkavu) bordering rwanda where i landed and crossed rainforest to bukavu, this story is hard to believe.

All I noticed was hate towards white men, people with army equipment, fighting, poverty etc. As white men without army or undp protection we could not show ourselves.

But its a huge country so guess u were some place else, to me it was just a mad place in war and very primitive Phone Post
Youve got some nerve man, he is baseing this on what HE experienced... not you. Justin, forget these trolls.. just link us and we will help in any way we can. If you need a website, contact me at worley.websites@gmail.com . I will buy any domain name you want, no charge and will help you design it. All on me. Phone Post
9/6/12 11:33 AM
justinthevikingwren

Baby Monkey Guard - Justin.... One man cannot change the world alone, but he CAN start the movement and plant the seed.

I implore you to follow your heart.

We need Human beings like you. Phone Post
Thank you SO much bro!

“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will.”
-Edward Everett Hale Phone Post
9/6/12 11:34 AM
justinthevikingwren

Uchi - Hey Justin,
Inspiring story. I have spent some time in third world countries, and some things you see just can not be written with the level of empathy they deserve. Its hard.

If you set up a fund, I'll donate. If you hope to start a cause..perhaps ask around other organizations who might operate in the area for some sort of idea on how to start? Doctors without Borders popped into my head, as I've seen their operation in Guatemala..they likely operate in the Congo. Good luck!!
Awesome bro thanks for your help! Phone Post
9/6/12 11:34 AM
Bill Pharoni
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great story Justin, thanks for sharing.
9/6/12 11:35 AM
justinthevikingwren

Chimonos Revenge - Justin,

Do you have any photos of your experiences?
I do! I wish I knew how to post from my iPhone.... I wish it was easy like Facebook.

I have a video of the Andibo Situation of me explaining what happened. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.