UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Leaving Congo... 3 days ago I buried a Pygmy baby.

9/6/12 11:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fernando Alonso
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good job Justin Phone Post
9/6/12 11:44 AM
Toquinho
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cworley: fuck you

Justin: great stuff, jist curious to where in drc you were since its so big and also since my experiemce there was of a warzone an yours peacefull i wonder where it was since i most likeøy have to go back there a few times. Phone Post
9/6/12 11:46 AM
RLL
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren - 
RLL -  Justin,

I hope this doesnt get skipped over. You need to join Reddit.com and post a new submission to the AMA (Ask Me Anything) section (I spent 3 weeks with The Mbuti Pygmies and helped bury one of their children, AMA) . Reddit now also has a built in system for donations. This site has raised millions of dollars in donations for other stories like this in the past. Go there with your stories from your visit, show them pictures, ask for help and they will vote you to the top and begin providing donations. Be sure to have your charity info ready before you post, as hopefully the money will start rolling in.

RLL
Hey brother I can NOT thank you enough for this!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you :-)

In Uganda so it will be a bit... So I will try to prep this before posting. Phone Post

No worries.

Just recently they raised over $70k for a man who took a machete to the face try to defend his orphanage from robbers. It built them a new secure wall, real beds for the kids, and more.

www.geekosystem.com/reddit-kenya-orphanage/

Hell, if the old lady bullied on the school bus could get half a million, this should be getting more.
9/6/12 11:50 AM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren - 
Chimonos Revenge - Justin,

Do you have any photos of your experiences?
I do! I wish I knew how to post from my iPhone.... I wish it was easy like Facebook.

I have a video of the Andibo Situation of me explaining what happened. Phone Post

Have to upload them to a site like Imgur first i think.

Ive never tried it either, to be honest
9/6/12 11:55 AM
Rtchamp15
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt. Phone Post
9/6/12 11:57 AM
justinthevikingwren
1093 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ltlurker - before you post in reddit, put it here. We can dojo storm reddit and try to get it pushed to the front page
Deal! Thanks for the help bro Phone Post
9/6/12 12:01 PM
dallow
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Massive respect keep up the great work Justin. Phone Post
9/6/12 12:01 PM
Kirik
1732 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Follow me, on Twitter
 Eternal respect for your efforts.

I grew up partly in Africa, and know about the terrible poverty. Pop spent his entire life there doing development work. He is still at it, going to Sierra Leone in Jan to complete a World Bank project to run powerlines from a dam to a city.

Anything you do, the UG will get behind.

Reddit idea is super.

9/6/12 12:03 PM
justinthevikingwren
1093 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Chiappetta - Justin, I think what you're doing is amazing and selfless and I would like to write a story about it for MMAFighting.com. Hopefully that attention will help your cause, and I can link to any fundraising efforts you are doing for this. Email me at mgc324 at gmail.com
This just FIRES me up bro!!! Thanks so much :-)

I did my first ever, and I think only interview about Congo on MMAfighting.com Phone Post
9/6/12 12:04 PM
Seekntruth
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Chiappetta - Justin, I think what you're doing is amazing and selfless and I would like to write a story about it for MMAFighting.com. Hopefully that attention will help your cause, and I can link to any fundraising efforts you are doing for this. Email me at mgc324 at gmail.com

Great Idea
9/6/12 12:09 PM
cworley
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyways, Justin just message me. Ive got the hosting and i can get a domain for you on me. Lets get your story its own spot. If you want too. From your experience to millions of people. I really want to help. Christopher.worley@student.hccs.edu and worley.websites@gmail.com . Phone Post
9/6/12 12:12 PM
justinthevikingwren

SlyStallowned - I remember the first time I visited a third world shit hole and I felt the same as you and wanted to help everyone I saw.

Believe me, the feeling subsides...
Feel free to not post here again because the way you are referring to the third world country is most likely the way you feel about the people...

The feeling subsides? I've gone to seven countries in the last year all with specific goals. Haiti, The Dominican Republic, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and now Uganda twice and Eastern Congo (DRC) twice.

The feeling to help people only subsides when you decide to look at the size of the problem instead of the face of each person you are able to help. Phone Post
9/6/12 12:14 PM
justinthevikingwren

Kirik -  Eternal respect for your efforts.

I grew up partly in Africa, and know about the terrible poverty. Pop spent his entire life there doing development work. He is still at it, going to Sierra Leone in Jan to complete a World Bank project to run powerlines from a dam to a city.

Anything you do, the UG will get behind.

Reddit idea is super.

Kirik brother...

You are an amazing man my friend. I've thought this about you before you posted this :-)

Thank you so much! Phone Post
9/6/12 12:17 PM
Hadoukenkieran
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cross3dout - Wow 5-15 dollars... That hurt. Phone Post
That's what hit home bro. Phone Post
9/6/12 12:19 PM
cworley

Justin...you're from Ames? Wow.. I'm from hardin. One town over... talk about small world. Phone Post
9/6/12 12:20 PM
Hadoukenkieran
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont have much but I'll donate all I can afford. Phone Post
9/6/12 12:23 PM
Posty Magee

Ttt
9/6/12 12:32 PM
badnewsbrown
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/06/12 12:33 PM
justin, you need to get this on a podcast!

guaranteed, support will go through the roof after you've relayed your story
9/6/12 12:35 PM
pennviachoke
1117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're a great person Justin! World needs more people with your mentality. Phone Post
9/6/12 12:41 PM
irishrottie
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember reading before your mission was to spread the word of god or teach these people about christianity. thankfully that is not the case. 

good on you anyway for raising some awareness here.
9/6/12 12:44 PM
jbuck1212

When i started the thread n read to be careful it was sad...i thought yea yea yea. But u paint a very vivid picture, and i found a tear rolling down my cheeck. I really did, thisis horrible. N i think i have it bad cause DISH took away AMC. im having a real spiritual experience right now... i was thinking i wished i hadn't read that...then i started thinking that's probably the same attitude that perpetuates the ignorance n isolation surrounding said pygmies. I'm pissed off my wife bought me The wrong flavor of starbucks doubleshot energy coffee...and these fuckeedare chasing off black mambas from their hut? What kind of prick am i? Love thy neighbor. God bless u for having the balls to face this head on n not turn away from The problem. You should know the course of my day has been changed in part to ur bravery. Update here, n i want to help. Phone Post
9/6/12 12:45 PM
mclay
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RLL -  Justin,

I hope this doesnt get skipped over. You need to join Reddit.com and post a new submission to the AMA (Ask Me Anything) section (I spent 3 weeks with The Mbuti Pygmies and helped bury one of their children, AMA) . Reddit now also has a built in system for donations. This site has raised millions of dollars in donations for other stories like this in the past. Go there with your stories from your visit, show them pictures, ask for help and they will vote you to the top and begin providing donations. Be sure to have your charity info ready before you post, as hopefully the money will start rolling in.

RLL
Great idea!! Phone Post
9/6/12 12:46 PM
omgjoshjames
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your an amazing human being man. Thank you for all the good your doing in the world. We need more people like you sir. Phone Post
9/6/12 12:49 PM
ric482

Fascinating post Justin, sounds like a pretty messed up situation. If you set a donation page up let us know!

As for the trolls, honestly go fuck yourselves, at least op is trying to make a difference in yhe world. All you fucking dicks are doing is munching through the world's cheese puff supply and using up your mums electricity while sitting in her basement. Go get a life.

kirik, it's not for me to tell you how to run your forum, however you should really start swinging the ban hammer - Justins a fucking green name and a great poster, why should he expect a ubuse? It's unacceptable IMO. Phone Post
9/6/12 12:55 PM
TempestPrime15
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.