UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Leaving Congo... 3 days ago I buried a Pygmy baby.

9/6/12 4:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_JediMMA
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimonos Revenge - 
unclehulka13 -
justinthevikingwren -
unclehulka13 - Help the kids in America. Phone Post
This is your response???

Do you help kids in America? I truly want your answer and that's about it you troll.

I try... I am an official volunteer at the 4th best rated Children's hospital in the USA... Had to do several training courses to get there. I also organized the Children's Hospital visits that were covered by Inside MMA.

Let me ask you a question though real quick... Are there kids denied hospital treatment and dying in America... Denied medicine?

I try do things on the local level, national level, and international level.

Locally at the children's hospital... Once a week at my church youth group... Also visit local juvenile detention centers.

Are you satisfied now? Phone Post
Not really? Are you looking for praise? This is an mma forum. Post on the helpingcongokidsground Phone Post
Amazing the level of douchebaggery the Internet creates Phone Post

i dont usually take it this far cause it IS the internet...BUT

can we find this guy and beat the ever living shit out of him? maybe even skin him? thats how mad i am right now at his comments.

unfuckingbelievable.
9/6/12 4:36 PM
soupie485
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone get after Rogan on Twitter to have Justin on the podcast (if you want to do it Justin) it would be a great way to promote the charity and tell your story.
9/6/12 4:41 PM
wreckker
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome work justin:)

Reddit idea sounds good with a AMA thread

Inequality is on a whole other level where you have been

Seriously great to hear you are bringing awareness to pygmy peoples horrible situation Phone Post
9/6/12 4:43 PM
Alpha World Peace
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're an inspiration, Justin!

Thanks a lot for sharing. Phone Post
9/6/12 4:51 PM
MCchoke
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
9/6/12 4:54 PM
pennviachoke
1124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_JediMMA -
Chimonos Revenge - 
unclehulka13 -
justinthevikingwren -
This is your response???

Do you help kids in America? I truly want your answer and that's about it you troll.

I try... I am an official volunteer at the 4th best rated Children's hospital in the USA... Had to do several training courses to get there. I also organized the Children's Hospital visits that were covered by Inside MMA.

Let me ask you a question though real quick... Are there kids denied hospital treatment and dying in America... Denied medicine?

Locally at the children's hospital... Once a week at my church youth group... Also visit local juvenile detention centers.

Not really? Are you looking for praise? This is an mma forum. Post on the helpingcongokidsground Phone Post

can we find this guy and beat the ever living shit out of him? maybe even skin him? thats how mad i am right now at his comments.

unfuckingbelievable.
Ill drive, be there in 15 minutes. Phone Post
9/6/12 5:10 PM
The Mongoose
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has any ug'er gotten a PayPal account ready yet? We can unite and help alot Phone Post
9/6/12 5:11 PM
CrocopPleaseRetire
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm also willing to donate, please let us know once you have the paypal account setup. I have 2 kids and just breaks my heart to see what happened with the little kid and everybody there.
9/6/12 5:14 PM
Greenup
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pennviachoke -
UGCTT_JediMMA -
Chimonos Revenge - 
unclehulka13 -
justinthevikingwren -
This is your response???

unfuckingbelievable.
Ill drive, be there in 15 minutes. Phone Post
I'll hold the prick down while you gut him. Phone Post
9/6/12 5:15 PM
Greenup
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wreckker - Awesome work justin:)

Reddit idea sounds good with a AMA thread

Inequality is on a whole other level where you have been

Seriously great to hear you are bringing awareness to pygmy peoples horrible situation Phone Post
I hate Reddit but I think this is a great way to get the info out. Phone Post
9/6/12 5:21 PM
FlyingKnee_bar
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow and i got angry today when i found out my doritos were crushed...i feel like an ass right now

but thank you, it is stuff like this that can put things into perspective...keep on keeping on
9/6/12 5:26 PM
HexRei

Shouldn'ta done that. 'E was just a boy.
9/6/12 5:54 PM
ProfChaos
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's awesome that you are doing this Justin. Good for you for making a difference. Much respect. I'll help any way I can. Clothes/money donations, etc.
9/6/12 5:58 PM
KidJustice
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

Good work Justin.
9/6/12 6:00 PM
shiki31

As much as everybody is hating on hulka what he stated has some truth. It's truly commendable and admirable that there are humanitarians like Justin Wrenn who will take the time to go overseas and help others in need on their own dime. However, I do think it is a valid concern that the "needy" are not getting what they need in the US as well. Some parts of our own country falling apart due to poverty, illiteracy, unemployment, etc. in these cases more resources must be put into PREVENTING the problems instead of money being put into programs like welfare which only remedies/bandaids/nerfs the problem. Problems in the US need to addressed and prevented, not fixed. When a problem is being fixed, the damage has already been done. Phone Post
9/6/12 6:01 PM
TheGreatGodMARS
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow,this was a great read.
would be cool if rogan saw this and got you on his podcast so you could talk about this and get their story out to more people.
9/6/12 6:01 PM
Bailx
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this story is really sad. i wish more people on the planet were like the OP.

the rich, horde their money and it's always up to everyone else to try and help in causes like these... we rarely succeed on a large scale, but every life counts.

i don't have much money to give, but i'd put $5 or $15 towards some sort of foundation for the OP, and if we all did that... then it's something to build on.
9/6/12 6:02 PM
shiki31

In any case, I would still like to say, "good job, Justin!" The world, and especially the US, needs more humanitarians like you. Phone Post
9/6/12 6:08 PM
gabemadrid
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Contact CNN. They have a series every year about heroes. I would try to get them to cover your story. Be persistent. You have a strong story from cage fighter to fighter of the helpless.

Bringing eyes and attention to the situation can only help educate and motivate individuals all throughout America. Not just MMA fans but people from all walks of life. Phone Post
9/6/12 6:10 PM
stebrillz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sick really to think in a world with so much excess and waste that people can't get adequate food and medical provisions, should happen anywhere to anyone in 2012

Props to you for helping Phone Post
9/6/12 6:23 PM
TexDeuce
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin you are awesome man. Well done. Phone Post
9/6/12 6:27 PM
Kneeblock
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin, 

I don't have time to read the rest of the thread, but I read your entire post.

I think it's great what you're doing. I have experience working with foundations and non-profits, but not international NGOs. Your best bet is to research what NGOs are in the area, what they're doing and what kind of regional or national government programs (if any) are already set up for the population within Uganda. Now in many cases around the world, the infrastructure is completely absent, but in others, it's well developed and actually respectable. 

A quick Google Search reveals this org: http://www.forestpeoples.org/partners/united-organisation-batwa-development-uganda-uobdu

If you haven't already, try contacting them, but be sure to do due diligence as not all NGOs are created equal. This one is receiving money from the Ford Foundation so they must have at least some reputability. 

A good start might be reaching out to them and offering to have your story posted on their website. It could be good PR for them and they could give you some opportunities. Good luck and it's good to hear you're into this.
9/6/12 6:42 PM
Pugilist82
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ people giving the guy shit for helping people(regardless of where it is). What the hell is wrong with people?I can see getting pissed when our tax dollars go to other countries, but why would anyone be upset about a individual helping sick kids on his own?

What brought you to that region in general? Isn't it very dangerous in the Congo?

Keep up the good work.
9/6/12 6:48 PM
athaba
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can we help? Phone Post
9/6/12 6:53 PM
mrgoodarmbar
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can anyone give this guy shit...This is mother theresa type stuff he's doing here. Unbelievably compassionate. I applaud your efforts and passion.

What about the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that's about bringing medicine to the poor/

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.