UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Leaving Congo... 3 days ago I buried a Pygmy baby.

9/6/12 6:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
athaba
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can we help? Phone Post
9/6/12 6:53 PM
mrgoodarmbar
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can anyone give this guy shit...This is mother theresa type stuff he's doing here. Unbelievably compassionate. I applaud your efforts and passion.

What about the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that's about bringing medicine to the poor/
9/6/12 6:57 PM
Chromium
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin Wren, thank you for this thread. The world desperately needs more people like yourself. I've heard previously of what routinely happens to pygmies and it's despicable. There are very few cultures on the planet more marginalized. Please do start a foundation. Hell, I'm sure other MMA fighters would at least do publicity. I am a poor grad student and retail slave so I couldn't afford much but I would gladly donate to your cause.
9/6/12 6:57 PM
MMAzombie

Would a kickstarter be helpful would allow donation and perhaps enough could be raised to buy them lots of land. I've seen video game kickstarter make 5 million

A good cause like this better be able to raise more Phone Post
9/6/12 7:07 PM
UGCTT_chuckles1
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God damn man... Much respect to you for doing that. So crazy. Phone Post
9/6/12 7:27 PM
YoMommasPantyTaco
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the world needs a lot more ppl like justinthevikingwren
9/6/12 7:38 PM
snowman95
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin of the Congo, I'll donate Phone Post
9/6/12 7:38 PM
robbie380
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin you are an amazing human for making this journey and spreading the word.  Please keep us updated on any donations we can send or how we can help buy land for the Mbuti. 
9/6/12 7:42 PM
snowman95
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just to summarize

1. Donation page (get it verified)
1.1 start a foundation / charity - get it done properly
2. Website (one of posters offered a free one with hosting)
3. Photos, videos, experience
4. Reddit
5. Promote
6. Save pygmies Phone Post
9/6/12 7:42 PM
In Limbo
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justin my uncle has been living inthe congo for the past several years working on that crazy volcano in Goma....
u ever check that part of drc out?

it's considered the most dangerous place in the world (natural disaster wise) bc tha thting is due to erupt anytime and it will destroy the place
9/6/12 7:48 PM
Kneeblock
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin,

I would STRONGLY advise against arbitrarily setting up a kickstarter, paypal, 501C3, foundation or any other enterprise until you have a pretty firm lay of the land from a political and NGO standpoint. I posted other stuff earlier, but I'm seeing this repeated enough that it bears commenting on. 

9/6/12 8:10 PM
OMA (tm)

Justin, my heart breaks for the Mbuti (Shields has been involved in some aspects of donation over the years and so.....)I have a small amount of knowledge on the subject

But also it makes me feel optimistic and it's also very self motivating to see there are people out there like you taking such a direct and hands on approach, with such a big and open heart.

I'll help in any way I can and I'll try to motivate others to do the same.

Please keep the UG updated

-OMA (tm) Phone Post
9/6/12 8:14 PM
nineteen
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for ways to help Phone Post
9/6/12 8:25 PM
pi6el

http://www.survivalinternational.org/tribes/pygmies

Survival International has ways you can directly help these people or many other indigenous people around the world.
9/6/12 8:45 PM
G-Hands
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thank you for sharing this info Justin. Very sad to hear what is happening, but awesome that there are people like you doing stuff to improve the situation & spread the word.
9/6/12 8:45 PM
Willie Makitt
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YoMommasPantyTaco - the world needs a lot more ppl like justinthevikingwren

for truth
9/6/12 8:55 PM
ParadigmRaep
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wtf no pics?
9/6/12 9:11 PM
carcaju
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good luck brother. you are a kind soul. subbed for help later.
9/6/12 9:35 PM
spider guard
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thi is how it's like in like 90% of the world, but 1st world citizens only tend to care when the next HD tv sale is so they can watch American Idol.
9/6/12 9:54 PM
Deputy Porker

you should take whatever footage you have make an awareness video then get the UG to feature it
9/6/12 10:05 PM
1800champagne

Paging Joe Rogan: Get Justin on the podcast to share his stories! Phone Post
9/6/12 10:11 PM
Forever12er

Your awesome justin Phone Post
9/6/12 10:23 PM
ChrisBeyondStrength

You are the man Justin!! So awesome what you are doing... Hope to see you again soon! Let me know of you ever want to swing by VA... Phone Post
9/6/12 10:31 PM
mrgoodarmbar
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You could try generating social awareness of the issue and your efforts on:
http://www.change.org/

It integrates w/facebook and can go viral like that vid of the african warlord that got captured.
9/6/12 10:32 PM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haven't read whole thread yet...

Kudos to you for reaching out to "unloved" people there. 5-15 bucks to save a life, and it wasn't met? That's sad as he'll, and it happens every day where people are ABLE TO HELP, but don't.

Poor drinking water is a big cause of blindness for children, and can be cured for 30 dollars by a surgery that removes cataracts off their eyes...google Fred Hollows foundation. He started doing this surgery this cheap, where the same exact surgery costs thousands of dollars here in the states....yeah, that much Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.