UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> Any decent gyms in Regina?

9/6/12 11:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jimbonice
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm thinking about training bjj, and as the title says, was wondering if anyone had any info on gyms here. Phone Post
9/6/12 12:56 PM
moemar
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

infight jiu jitsu, wiley jiu jitsu, complete mma. all blackbelt instructors. i know infight will give you a month free to try it out and im sure the other schools do something similar. Big Rig Phone Post
9/6/12 4:13 PM
jimbonice

Thanks for the info. Do you have any personal experience with any of the instructors? Phone Post
9/6/12 6:06 PM
bjjblue
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jimbonice -  I'm thinking about training bjj, and as the title says, was wondering if anyone had any info on gyms here. Phone Post

Wiley Jiu-jitsu he was the first black belt and trained the other.
9/6/12 8:57 PM
jimbonice

Well, thanks, and I've got someplace to start looking. Phone Post
9/6/12 11:04 PM
soreshins
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any good muay thai over in Regina? I'm over there quite a bit for work and would appreciate somewhere to train or even hit a bag Phone Post
9/6/12 11:45 PM
Chris Desautels

Infightcanada.com
Mon/Wed/Thur @ 7pm, Sat @ Noon (no gi), Sunday @ 5pm (open mat)

Come by anytime!

Siamkickboxing.ca

Head instructor is Craig Moser
9/7/12 3:09 AM
soreshins
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Desautels - Infightcanada.com

Come by anytime!

Siamkickboxing.ca

Thanks! Phone Post
9/7/12 10:12 AM
Chris Desautels

no problem.

Craig is a great instructor, lots of students, nice facility. You'll like it there for sure.
9/7/12 11:07 AM
Ze Dano
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely look into InFight. Like Moemar said, you get the first month free...excellent way to check it out.

Joe and Chris (both legit black belts) are awesome instructors and really great guys too...everyone who trains there will tell you that.

Having said that, everyone who trains there is cool too...no egos, no idiots, no problems

Train gi 4 times/week, and no gi on Saturdays...no shortage of training/learning, and TONS of mat space.

Another plus is the direct affiliation with Brazil (Rogerio and Eddy come up for seminars!!!!)
9/7/12 11:18 AM
LittleKang
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Desautels - Infightcanada.com

Come by anytime!

Siamkickboxing.ca

Definitely this

Infight is a great place to train. Joe and Des are great instructors that super knowledgable when it comes to techniques they teach. The whole club is super friendly which makes training there fun.
They also also bring out our brazilian affliates yearly to teach for a week.

Siam Muay Thai is hands the best place for Muay Thai if your interested in that too. Phone Post
9/7/12 4:34 PM
bjjblue
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes hands down Craig Muay Thai and Wiley BJJ. Best instructors out there.
9/7/12 4:34 PM
John Nic

Edited: 09/07/12 5:20 PM
I'll weigh in and recomend infight for your BJJ.

No ego, good atmosphere, no 'world championship/ 110%' rolls, and all very technical guys.

You get a free month to try it out with no obligation.. wish that kind of deal was on when I first started training..

Edit:  I was once in your situation and the advice has always been the same... If you are uncertain, try them all out (you can usually get a class or two for free at all gyms) and see which one fits your personality and training style as each gym has its own unique atmosphere and training regiment.

There's nothing wrong with shopping around to find the gym that suits you as it's common to be at the same gym for the rest of your days.

9/7/12 5:38 PM
jimbonice

Thanks again for all of the advice. Now I just have to get my ass out of my chair and go do it. Phone Post
9/8/12 1:41 AM
chinaski
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd recommend Infight as well. I was in Regina on business earlier this year and I trained there for a week. Joe and Chris are amazing technical grapplers and I learned some cool stuff even though I was only there a short time.

Excellent instructors and everyone I met was very friendly. Definitely check it out! Phone Post
9/8/12 12:22 PM
Ze Dano
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
9/8/12 9:32 PM
kchiasson

I would say Infight (Chris and Joe) are more than a 'decent' gym in Regina. Being from Ottawa, the support that the guys and Chris in particular have provided us here has been exemplary. You won't be disappointed if you train with Infight in Regina.

9/22/12 11:48 AM
Sean Quinn

Havent checked out this site in a long time.
Infight and Siam are top choices.
Wiley BJJ can suck a nut.
Thanks and have a good day.

9/22/12 12:00 PM
LittleKang
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean Quinn -  Havent checked out this site in a long time.
Infight and Siam are top choices.
Wiley BJJ can suck a nut.
Thanks and have a good day.

well said Phone Post
9/22/12 3:34 PM
Rodrigo Munduruca

Great gyms in Regina. Infight, Aj scales and Wiley are all great guys

Check them out and see what you like best Phone Post
9/23/12 3:25 PM
LBoutin
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Infight or Complete MMA are your best bet. Chris Desautels at infight and AJ Scales at complete MMA are both great guys and have produced a ton of very skilled grapplers. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.