UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Randy Couture says Jones should've fought Chael

9/6/12 12:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Willin_But_Not_Chaeble
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UG's own Shane Carwin makes an appearance as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXSylN9y3H0
9/6/12 12:46 PM
91W209
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't see Phone Post
9/6/12 12:47 PM
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

taken with a grain of salt. Randy is a teammate of Chaels and friends with him. It'd be very disloyal of Randy to state an opposite opinion.
9/6/12 12:54 PM
D241

Any fight Jon Jones takes he's liable to have his stock drop if he loses. The thing is, is he's already proven himself to be a dominant force. 1 loss to anyone wouldn't take away the epic run he's already had. The further JBJ gets in his title defenses, the weaker his opponents will be being that he's already taken out the top guys.

If Jones is worried about not fighting deserving guys, I imagine we'll see him moving up sooner than later. But I doubt that's the case.
9/6/12 1:07 PM
Lazer MMA

D241 -  Any fight Jon Jones takes he's liable to have his stock drop if he loses. The thing is, is he's already proven himself to be a dominant force. 1 loss to anyone wouldn't take away the epic run he's already had. The further JBJ gets in his title defenses, the weaker his opponents will be being that he's already taken out the top guys.

If Jones is worried about not fighting deserving guys, I imagine we'll see him moving up sooner than later. But I doubt that's the case.

'Let me not step 'down' to fight a MW who did not train and collect the easiest paycheck ever, even though I know the event will be cancelled because of my refusal.

After all look at the odds! It not like the UFC sponsors me!'

LMFAO

9/6/12 1:27 PM
SunnyKO'd my SN
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

later
9/6/12 5:05 PM
Alpha World Peace

Edited: 09/06/12 5:08 PM
LilBrockonmychest -

Oh Randy said that huh?  I'd say not taking a new opponent on 8 days notice and fighting in the next main event 4 weeks later is less of a deal than holding a belt hostage for a year and a half and suing the UFC.

Always there to defend poor defenseless Jonny, eh boy? Phone Post  
9/6/12 5:06 PM
Alpha World Peace

Warzone209 -
LilBrockonmychest - 

Oh Randy said that huh?  I'd say not taking a new opponent on 8 days notice and fighting in the next main event 4 weeks later is less of a deal than holding a belt hostage for a year and a half and suing the UFC.

This Randy makes JBJ look like the ultimate company man right up there with Chuck and Rich franklin...
Jesus...you again?!? Phone Post
9/6/12 5:08 PM
Alpha World Peace

For iPhoners 
9/6/12 5:17 PM
Attila
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waiting for someone to say "Randy is just playing pile-on. Chael did what was right for his career and nobody can criticize him for that."
9/6/12 5:40 PM
BigfootsChin
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the fuck has pat barry been on, that dude was wired to high heaven!! Phone Post
9/6/12 5:41 PM
JerodR
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy backing up a friend...shocker.

Its kind of funny that people love to question JBJ maturity but when he actually does something mature like wanting to be prepared for a fight or not allow someone to talk their way into a title shot then he is slammed even more.

For being so far one of the most dominant champs ever he sure can't win outside the cage. Kills me that there is no hate for Hendo (I didn't let anyone know for over 2 weeks) Henderson, or Machida that didn't want the shot on 4 weeks notice.
9/6/12 6:13 PM
Attila
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR - Randy backing up a friend...shocker.

Its kind of funny that people love to question JBJ maturity but when he actually does something mature like wanting to be prepared for a fight or not allow someone to talk their way into a title shot then he is slammed even more.

For being so far one of the most dominant champs ever he sure can't win outside the cage. Kills me that there is no hate for Hendo (I didn't let anyone know for over 2 weeks) Henderson, or Machida that didn't want the shot on 4 weeks notice.

Hendo should have exercised better judgment but his heart was definitely in the right place - his intent was to fight injured and keep the main event intact. Jones on the other hand did the exact opposite and ducked out of the fight because circumstances weren't ideal for him. Night and day difference.
9/6/12 8:00 PM
Alpha World Peace

LilBrockonmychest -
Alpha World Peace - 
Warzone209 -
LilBrockonmychest - 

This Randy makes JBJ look like the ultimate company man right up there with Chuck and Rich franklin...
Jesus...you again?!? Phone Post

No, I'm actually pointing out what a fucking retard and hypocrite Randy is for calling anyone out for not taking fights.  In 1.5 years, he probably missed 3-4 fights while holding a belt hostage.

Don't you have tweets, old videos, and 3-4 year old interviews to look through?

Wow!! Looks like you forgot to switch screennames back to Warzone209 from Lilbrockonmychest before replying. Good job! Exposed. Phone Post
9/6/12 11:35 PM
Wasa-B
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy's usu pretty straight up and honest but him and Chael are bros. And...it wasnt 10 days notice, Randy. And it wasnt really balls as much as opportunity knocks for Chael imo.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.