UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> keeping the chin strap, front headlock

9/7/12 11:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey

hello, yes, me again with another noob question

im getting the front headlock a lot but some guys are finding it relatively easy to peel my fingers off and escape the chin strap im putting on

im keeping my elbow tight so ive got short arms/alligator arms etc, and im kinda pulling him in toward me with the jaw hand as well but the greasy bastards keep escaping.
9/8/12 10:47 PM
Triple_B
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/08/12 10:47 PM
Try switching between a traditional front headlock with your hands locked and grabbing his chin like you are describing. If you only do one or the other than it is easier for the guy to counter you because you are just holding on.

If he is trying to peel your hand of his chin then lock your hands in a front headlock position. If your hands are locked and he is getting an angle on you or something then you can switch your hands to grab his chin and behind his tricep.
9/9/12 2:14 AM
EdgeHoboken
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apply pressure on his head/neck with your chest. Keep his head centered so he can't peak out. Trex or alligator arms are key. Also, snap and pull him. Changing directions and creating additional pressure instead of simply holding your lock. Good luck, go blue
10/7/12 9:23 PM
NCAA92
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your shoulder (ball) should be in the divot on the back of his skull. The arm you are attacking grab the tricep right above his elbow. Drive his head down using your shoulder, stuff his head under his armpit on the arm you are lifting up. I love front headlocks. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.