UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Daniel Cormier wants to coach TUF vs. Jon Jones

9/7/12 1:09 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I'd like to fight anyone," said Daniel Cormier. "There are options, and we'd need to sit down and figure it out. If they offer me a heavyweight for my first fight once I get to the UFC, I'd gladly take it. If they offered me a different fight, then I'd take that one, too. There's a ton of options. My last fight, I weighed 238, and I had lunch and breakfast. During my training cvamp for that fight, I was 229 at one point. That was the lightest I've been in years, so with that being said, I'm not walking at 250 or 260, like I was, so I'd like to think that I have options in two weight divisions now.

"For the rest of my career, being 33 years old, I want big fights. If I have to cut some weight, then I have to cut some weight.. Listen, I think, pound for pound, the best fighter in the world, right now, is Jon Jones. Dana already said he thinks I'd do well at 205. If he offered me a fight down there against Jon Jones, and gave me some time to get the weight off safely, shoot, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.

"I know a situation that helps out everyone. Give Jon a challenge that he doesn't get from most guys, and that's something that I present. Hopefully, him and I get through our next fight. At the beginning of the year, let us coach the next season of The Ultimate Fighter. That gives me time to actually get my weight down, and in the summer time, we fight. How does that sound? I'm throwing it out there right now. Let's do it. He hasn't coached the show before, and neither have I. Let the fans get to know me better by putting me on TV for two and a half months, and then put me and Jon in a fight.

"Jon's a good wrestler, but I've wrestled at a different level. I'm gonna pressure him. I'm gonna take him down. I think it would be great for everybody, all around. I can tell you with 100% confidence in myself and in my ability, that if I was to fight him, or anyone else in the world, at some point in that fight, if I decide to put them on their back, I'm putting them on their back."

Read entire article...

9/7/12 1:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shorebreaker420
1024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell yea sounds good Phone Post
9/7/12 1:10 PM
Warriormmd
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IN! Phone Post
9/7/12 1:14 PM
UGCTT_KaBrooney
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The more I hear from this dude the more I like him. Phone Post
9/7/12 1:17 PM
UGCTT_chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DO IT DANA!! Phone Post
9/7/12 1:17 PM
Toquinho
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES! YES! ( diego sanchez entrance gif please??) Phone Post
9/7/12 1:20 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BRODOR
9/7/12 1:20 PM
Submissable
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES! Signed
9/7/12 1:21 PM
caseharts
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed. No body like fighting Olympic chocolate wrestlers with hand of granite and hips of a snake Phone Post
9/7/12 1:21 PM
norcal3737

SIGNED.
9/7/12 1:22 PM
Chris27

Would like to see that fight but honestly if they were gonna put Jones on TUF I'd rather see Sonnen coaching against him.

Jones/Sonnen, two guys who havent done TUF, you have the 151 story, Sonnen and Jones have a bit of a beef, Sonnen would be entertaining.

Jones/Sonnen would be a very interesting season. DC/Jones is a great fight but coaching against each other doesnt interest me.
9/7/12 1:23 PM
Jared Vergara

Sounds good to me Cormier is a beast.
9/7/12 1:23 PM
SonofJockstrap
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a fight I'd kill to see.
9/7/12 1:29 PM
Jason
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin
 EVERYONE on the UFC roster should want to coach TUF. Its the best career move possible in MMA
9/7/12 1:29 PM
cool hand Ed
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is actually a great idea Phone Post
9/7/12 1:44 PM
145EricReed
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aftershock Gear, Owner
Signed Phone Post
9/7/12 1:45 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This would be AMAZING!
9/7/12 2:04 PM
Attila
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell yeah. Jones wants none of that.
9/7/12 2:10 PM
mm370
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier would be a monster at 205 Phone Post
9/7/12 2:24 PM
91W209
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great idea! Cormier seems like a class act. I'd love to watch him coach TUF then fight Jones Phone Post
9/7/12 2:28 PM
SMS89
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can dig it Phone Post
9/7/12 2:31 PM
hubris
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier would push Jones' shit in
9/7/12 2:36 PM
Ceelo
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes please and let it be a heavyweight season so I can tryout!
9/7/12 2:37 PM
TzTinkle
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just sign the fight, fuck TUF. Cormier should start dieting now!
9/7/12 2:59 PM
Alpha Midget

Sounds like a great idea. DC will smash Jon and I would love to see it. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.