UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kit Cope: Most dudes in MMA are 'vaginas'

9/7/12 1:19 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Kit Cope, a Muay Thai champion turned MMA fighter, is returning to his roots, fighting in K-1 soon, and offered some controversial words for MMA fighters.

If that doesn't drive you crazy enough, he used to date Gina Carano.

"In every fight sport, the fighters have the same warrior spirit, and same heart and Bushido as every other fight sport," said Cope. "I was just saying that mostly in MMA, dudes are vaginas. Even the kickboxers in MMA are vaginas.

"They don't wanna stand. They don't wanna trade punches... They don't like to strike at all. They want to close the distance really fast, and get to where it's safe, where I can't sock 'em in the jibbers.

"Now that we have K-1 back, it's kinda nice to have a large venue where we can actually just sock each other."

(1:08 mark)

9/7/12 1:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caseharts
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like kit but downplaying grappling is immature. You can't grapple I'm sorry. But there are plenty of grapplers that could stand with him and beat him. I'd take Edgar over him. Only striking. Gonna get flamed, but it is ridiculous to me when kick boxers say this. Wrestlers don't complain when they're koed. They're koed. Don't complain when your dominated and subbed. But to his credit there are boring fuckers. But there are boring strikers and grapplers.. Phone Post
9/7/12 1:26 PM
Seamus619
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't want to bash any pro fighter, but he just seems upset he can not defend a take down. Yes Kit has great stand up but everyone knows it. And he chose to fight in MMA where grappling is not only legal but a large base for the sport. And it would be stupid to stand with a legit striker who is easy to take down. He should just work on his take down defense.
9/7/12 1:27 PM
Chris27

Its fucking mma, not boxing or kickboxing, grappling is a part of the sport.

9/7/12 1:29 PM
caseharts
510 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seamus619 - I don't want to bash any pro fighter, but he just seems upset he can not defend a take down. Yes Kit has great stand up but everyone knows it. And he chose to fight in MMA where grappling is not only legal but a large base for the sport. And it would be stupid to stand with a legit striker who is easy to take down. He should just work on his take down defense.
Ya I think he's awesome. But butt hurt is strong in this one. But again to his credit there are point fighters. Phone Post
9/7/12 1:29 PM
inf0
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if it was douche wars, he'd be the victor 99% of the time.. 

9/7/12 1:31 PM
KevinMcAllister
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elie Seckbach is a joke Phone Post
9/7/12 1:36 PM
BobbyBigLug
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you know that your opponent is purely a kickboxer, then taking him down makes you smart, not a vagina. Phone Post
9/7/12 1:41 PM
CMX
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep ducking John Wayne Parr, Kit perhaps after you get smoken in K1 mtv can set up another fake fight for you to win Phone Post
9/7/12 1:41 PM
SMS89
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BobbyBigLug - If you know that your opponent is purely a kickboxer, then taking him down makes you smart, not a vagina. Phone Post
This Phone Post
9/7/12 1:42 PM
SwampRocker
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sandy vagina is sandy
9/7/12 1:48 PM
J_Swift

Lol @ his logic Phone Post
9/7/12 1:49 PM
temp170618
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canadia?
9/7/12 1:49 PM
temp170618
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/07/12 1:49 PM
double post
9/7/12 1:53 PM
Modal Jazz
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to visit Canadia
9/7/12 1:56 PM
MattBenwa
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kit doesn't belong in MMA - elite standup, no takedown defense. This isn't fighter bashing, it's simple fact.
9/7/12 2:07 PM
mm370
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thankfully mma just lost 1 of its vaginas and K-1 just gained one Phone Post
9/7/12 2:20 PM
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kit Cope is a genius.

Has he always been like this? Or is he taking note from Mr. Sonnen?

Gems include
"I'm awesome at life"
"I have the voice of an angel"
"Could have been a pro soccer player"
"Went to college on a vocal scholorship"

9/7/12 2:21 PM
BrendonRaftery
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've trained with Kit before. The dude is a straight killer on the feet and has taught me just about everything I know when it comes to boxing and muay thai. He's actually a really cool guy, and a great coach. I'm glad to see him back in K-1 where he can get back to his roots! Any way to watch??
9/7/12 2:26 PM
triso
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

James Toney probably thinks the same thing, but that doesn't change the fact that some elite level grapplers can take them down and make them quit without even having to "sock" them once.

9/7/12 2:27 PM
triso
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That said I want to watch him fight kickboxing again.
9/7/12 2:31 PM
Cryptic
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you can't grapple you can't fight.
9/7/12 2:38 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at this Phone Post
9/7/12 2:58 PM
camozzi
778 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like a genius. Watch him get KO'd in his next stand up fight.

Plenty of MMA fighters would stand with him but it's hard to ignore an easy pay check by just taking him down. Learn to grapple or GTFO Phone Post
9/7/12 3:03 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kenny Florian must be a HUGE vagina then... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.