UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Chris Weidman vs Tim Boetsch Targeted For UFC 155

9/7/12 2:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AshDoherty
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From Newsday

Chris Weidman finally has his next fight lined up, although not against the opponent he'd been asking to face.

Weidman, a middleweight from Baldwin, will fight Tim Boetsch at UFC 155 in Las Vegas on Dec. 29, Newsday has learned. Both fighters have verbally agreed to the bout.

Quote:
"I think I'm the man to take the title from Anderson Silva," Weidman said in a statement. "I think I'm the No. 1 contender in the division, with Anderson not fighting for the rest of 2012, I want to stay busy, keep getting better and take on the best out there. I think I'm the best middleweight in the world and I'm going to prove it against another top contender."
The undefeated Weidman (9-0, 5-0 UFC) is coming off a devastating knockout of Mark Munoz last July, his second straight win over a consensus top-five middlewight. The first came in January when he won a unanimous decision over Demain Maia on 11 days' notice.

Boetsch (16-4) has won his last four bouts, including a split decision over Hector Lombard and a third-round TKO of Yushin Okami.

Quote:
"This is a big fight for the middleweight division. I'm better than ever and ready to prove that I am next in line for a title shot."
Weidman had been campaigning for that title shot against Silva since beating Munoz. Silva, who successfully defended his title for a UFC record 10th straight title by beating Chael Sonnen last July, has been more vocal about a super fight against welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. Silva's management has also said on multiple occasions that they don't believe Weidman's profile is big enough yet for a title shot.

Other title contenders in the middleweight division include Michael Bisping and Brian Stann, who fight each other at UFC 152 on Sept. 22.
9/7/12 2:44 PM
RickStorm
1603 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
 Thanks Ash! Quality post
9/7/12 2:45 PM
Rival School
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn they feed his ass so obviously Phone Post
9/7/12 2:46 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes!!
9/7/12 2:47 PM
Chris27

Figured this was the fight they would make.

Card is looking good.
9/7/12 2:49 PM
RJJH
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/7/12 2:50 PM
BBQ@bendos
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice! Phone Post
9/7/12 2:52 PM
DanChow
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/07/12 2:57 PM
Report: Chris Weidman Battles Tim Boetsch at UFC 155

http://www.5thround.com/127298/report-chris-weidman-battles-tim-boetsch-at-ufc-155/

Here are the athletes expected to perform on New Year’s Eve weekend:

Matt Mitrione vs. Phil DeFries
Chris Weidman vs. Tim Boetsch
Joe Lauzon vs. Gray Maynard
Chael Sonnen vs. Forrest Griffin
Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos (UFC heavyweight champion)

It all over the place now:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30543/chris-weidman-vs-tim-boetsch-slated-for-ufc-155-in-las-vegas.mma

9/7/12 2:54 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

Good fight.
9/7/12 2:54 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

not a smart fight for wiedman...anderson will still say he isnt worthy after he destroyed boetsch
9/7/12 2:55 PM
RJJH
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanChow - Report: Chris Weidman Battles Tim Boetsch at UFC 155

http://www.5thround.com/127298/report-chris-weidman-battles-tim-boetsch-at-ufc-155/

I remember when new years cards were something special, not just a regular card circa 2006
9/7/12 2:56 PM
letsgobois

Just need one more solid main card fight and that will be a sick night of fights!
9/7/12 2:57 PM
letsgobois

RJJH - 

I remember when new years cards were something special, not just a regular card circa 2006

Grow up
9/7/12 3:00 PM
DanChow
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ LMAO!!!
RJJH

letsgobois - 
RJJH - 

Grow up

awe... did I hurt someones feelings because I said 100% truth... I think so!!!

Ram Rod
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ducks Belcher to fight Tim... Guess Alan should get the winner of Bisping and Stann Phone Post
9/7/12 3:02 PM
yellow wrkahlc
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman takes this. Much more well-rounded, and can end the fight anywhere. I haven't been impressed with Boetsch yet. His last two wins weren't exactly dominate. He caught Okami, and danced around with Lombard. Guy's a formidable opponent, but I don't believe he has anything for Chris.
9/7/12 3:03 PM
OshKos B'Josh All American Blanket

Ducks belcher Phone Post
9/7/12 3:05 PM
kingjames100
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rather see him fight Belcher.
9/7/12 3:07 PM
UGCTT_Creepy'sMustache
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I too would rather see him fight Belcher. Tim didn't look impresseive enough against Lombard to get his shot in a possible #1 contender fight. Phone Post
9/7/12 3:08 PM
catbath
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't Belcher have a fractured spine? Phone Post
9/7/12 3:09 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boetsch is ranked higher than Belcher. I know Belcher fanbois are hyped that he is on a 4 fight win streak but none of those guys are in the top 10. Boetsch last 2 wins have been against guys top 10 at the time.
9/7/12 3:09 PM
kinson

That's a good fight and 155 looks like it will be a good card if everyone stays healthy. Phone Post
9/7/12 3:10 PM
bram
990 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight does nothing for me. I wanted to see Weidman against a killer.
9/7/12 3:11 PM
DanChow

Belcher called the collapse of the UFC 151 a "blessing in disguise" as he would have been unable to compete due to a fractured spine, keeping him out of action until November. He would like to face Chris Weidman in his return fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.