UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Can you dunk?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/10/12 10:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Leigh
1186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, flexibility can substitute for power to a degree and vice versa Phone Post
9/10/12 10:11 AM
jeremy hamilton
341 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5'7.5 Can't dunk. I can actually jump pretty good too. I don't know how everyone else on here can dunk so easily.
9/10/12 12:40 PM
vermonter
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/10/12 12:41 PM
I thought Jeremy was taller than that....

At 6' I can't dunk. Can't really jump for shit, due at least in part because i've never tried much (probably because i always sucked, a vicious circle), and haven't cared since i was a kid.

I can palm a basketball though, which apparently helps.
9/10/12 12:51 PM
jeremy hamilton
341 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vermonter - I thought Jeremy was taller than that....

At 6' I can't dunk. Can't really jump for shit, due at least in part because i've never tried much (probably because i always sucked, a vicious circle), and haven't cared since i was a kid.

You are right, I told a lie and you caught me. I am 5'7.6.
9/10/12 1:38 PM
vermonter
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jeremy hamilton - 
vermonter - I thought Jeremy was taller than that....

You are right, I told a lie and you caught me. I am 5'7.6.

That's better.
9/10/12 3:33 PM
shadallion
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 34, 6"5, 240 and I can dunk it now with a running start, one-handed only.

I played high school ball but never got a dunk in a game.

College and early twenties I got better and dunked in fast breaks. I could do a drop-step and two-hand dunk it too.

One thing I could never do was dunk ON someone. I had to have a completely clear lane to the hoop.

When someone jumps up and contests the shot, it is 1000% more difficult to dunk.

This is what makes Blake Griffin's dunkage so amazing: he gets WHALLOPED and he is so powerful that he just goes right through (or over) it and slams it home.
9/10/12 9:25 PM
m.g
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^^You're right about dunking on someone.

Dunking on someone is a better example of power and explosiveness (along with skill) than dunking on noone.
9/13/12 6:32 AM
fuzzislipperz
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can grab the rim two-handed and dunk off of a lob(or timing a rebound perfectly), but never have been able to dunk without catching the ball in the air.

5'11" 190lbs. Phone Post
9/13/12 3:43 PM
Misedukatd
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/13/12 3:46 PM
probably can't anymore, my knees are pretty shot, but used to. At 6'2", 230, I could tap the ball off the backboard and then two hand reverse off a drop step, or do a two hand reverse off straight vertical. I was pretty good at dunking rebounds, and did it fairly often during pick-up games.
9/30/12 9:39 AM
armbarring
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6' 186 I can dunk.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.