UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Does anybody remember when...

9/8/12 4:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Moke
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/10/12 6:33 PM

...Van Halen was this motherfucken good???

All that later Prima Donna nonsense is forever forgivable because the awesomeness of their first four albums. Pure raw Fire.

...and did anybody NOT draw this logo on their folders in high school?

9/8/12 4:51 AM
Moke
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude, not even a Peechee?

I just skimmed by but I had to at least carry one of these...

9/8/12 4:52 AM
Moke

Can borrow penso?
9/8/12 5:13 AM
Moke

Edited: 09/08/12 5:13 AM
lol, you were straight gangsta. I tried that and got the, "This folded up paper crap is not acceptable" speech.

Who else could write and pull off shit like this then or now?

9/8/12 1:56 PM
FCTV808
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i drew that logo on!
9/8/12 11:22 PM
JIMMYNAKS
312 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke - Dude, not even a Peechee?

I just skimmed by but I had to at least carry one of these...

I drew a Quarter on the ground by the Football player's hands and a "Women's Locker room this way ----->" sign in front the runners
9/9/12 12:21 AM
Moke

No penis swinging out from under the tennis player's skirt-shorts?
9/9/12 12:31 AM
JIMMYNAKS
312 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke - No penis swinging out from under the tennis player's skirt-shorts?

I knew I was missing something!
9/9/12 12:48 AM
Moke

Jimmy theme song!

9/9/12 1:43 AM
JIMMYNAKS

FAK YEAH!!
9/9/12 2:11 AM
Moke

lol
9/9/12 10:17 PM
MOB U2
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke what you think about Yngwie Malmsteen's cover of Light up the Sky?. I think he did it with Jeff Scott Soto.

Pee Chee's were a-ight btw. In our time we had those brown mini-file folders, so you would fold your homework in half and decorate the whole freaking thing with pics of your favorite band or something and encase it in plastic sheeting.

I don't see kids do that anymore. So much of those fuckers lack imagination we should just send them to China.
9/9/12 10:31 PM
Moke

I can't remember that cover off-hand...I'll check it out.

Jeff used to play with some friends of mine...was one of my favorite singers at the time...listening to his voice on recordings doesn't do it justice.

We used to do that to our pee chees too...put clear plastic on the front and back with a slit in the top so you could slip your current favorite magazine pic of Aerosmith inside or whoever.

Here's another for Jimmy lol!

9/9/12 10:49 PM
MOB U2
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Brah wtf! Seriously? Damn I thought Jeff Scott Soto was the best singer Yngwie had (I love Ripper and Joe Lynn Turner too though)! Heard Yngwie was too much of an ass to keep a steady lineup around.

Just checked it - sorry wasn't Jeff. It was Doug Pinnick. The song's arrangement was very un-Yngwie-like, even the solo doesn't sound the typical Malmsteen-style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KUCk6bsQA4

Of all the VH covers that's my favorite.
9/9/12 10:54 PM
Moke

lol, I can tell you stories about Yngwie (yes he's fucking crazy), another good friend played for him extensively. I gotta head out but maybe I'll post something about that later.
9/9/12 11:40 PM
MOB U2

^Cool.

Sorry to thread hijack. Maybe you should start another thread on Yngwie "Feel the Fury" Malmsteen. Eddie and the beast that is VH is its own animal.
9/10/12 6:07 AM
Moke

Fuuuuuk. I was going to post some vids of the guy talking about Yngwie (hilarious) but the vid embed is disabled by user (me...though I don't ever recall disabling it)...and it's on an older account that I've forgotten the password and email for. Anyone know what part of youtube to contact to straighten that out?

In the meantime here's Mob's cover, it's pretty cool!

9/10/12 4:36 PM
Moke

Wow that Light Up The Sky cover is really growing on me lol, I had no idea that album even existed. Gonna check the rest of it out today.
9/11/12 4:27 PM
MOB U2

^Thanks for posting Moke. It seems Yngwie's character is pretty consistent with what most people say about him. He appears a little different and more humbler nowadays, but well, who knows. Great to hear firsthand experience though.

As for the album, it's all pretty solid. I picked it up in 2002 while I was in Manila and used to wind down after spending 2-3hrs in traffic. In fact, thanks for reminding me I gotta go find that CD now.
9/11/12 5:10 PM
Moke

He appears a little different and more humbler nowadays, but well, who knows. Great to hear firsthand experience though.

Could very well be mellower nowadays...this was taped about 7-8 years ago, so...but can you imagine how much worse he was to deal with in the 80's and 90's? Oh man.
9/11/12 8:17 PM
Moke

This is the other guy (guitarist) sitting in the chair with a beer in each hand...actually the guy telling the stories is also in this recording (on drums).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.