UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Marketing

9/8/12 4:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chappie
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has any one used any marketing techniques or services which have actually worked? From everything that I hear from other attorneys, radio, television and print media are all horrifically ineffective at generating actual clients. I am contacted by Yodle law and a few others companies several times a month, but I have no clue as to whether or not any of them are actually affective at generating paying clients.
9/11/12 1:45 PM
quality
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have I'm not a lawyer though, but I do own or have owned some lawyer related websites that brought in leads.

There are tons of ways.

First you have the Yodle Law types that will sell you leads, a lot of them are non-exclusive leads so every lawyer in a 50 mile radius will be contacting them. These work if you're lower priced, fast to react to a lead and take payment plans. Fast to react is an important part.

Then you have robo calling. A fast way of contacting and getting good leads. Depending on your state could be illegal though.

Video marketing. YouTube is very powerful, get some videos up there about your business, target the keywords towards your business and areas you work in. This can help you in the rankings and a video that shows up in Google is showed prominently on the page.

Your website. If you don't have a website get one. Make sure it's easy to contact you through your website and your contact details are clear. Make sure your areas of expertise are on there. Add decent content to it. Then get backlinks. Backlinks are what raises your ranking in the search engines.

Local directories. Sites like Yelp, Manta, Google, Bing, Yahoo all have these. Optimize your listings with as much information as you can. GET REVIEWS. If you can get a good amount of positive reviews for your business, that helps also, with positioning and well as people looking for a decent lawyer.

Social networking. Sites like LinkedIn and FaceBook are goldmines for businesses that use them properly. Give free information (don't get carried away you want to give them enough that they know you can help, but not so much they won't need you), talk to other people, get your name out there.
9/13/12 6:27 AM
Chappie
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. After having heard numerous horror stories from people who have invested 10s of thousands of dollars in advertising investments and received nothing in return, I am very cautious about the necessary evils of legal advertising. Phone Post
9/22/12 2:03 AM
quality
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/22/12 10:29 AM

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.