UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Heyman backs Brock for UFC HoF, doubts return

9/8/12 11:34 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Brock Lesnar's four-year stint in MMA seemingly challenges the UFC Hall of Fame's undefined, intangible standards. It included three consecutive million pay-per-view buy rates (UFC 100, UFC 116 and UFC 121) with half of his eight career bouts having a UFC title at stake. It helped define the first UFC heavyweight to carry the "baddest man on the planet" moniker – one adopted from a post-Mike Tyson boxing era.

Can a fighter be a hall of famer with fewer than 10 career outings? With a UFC record that's one loss short of the .500 mark?

There is no question, insisted Paul Heyman, Lesnar's on-air WWE representative and the co-author of Lesnar's autobiography.

"Of course he is," Heyman told MMAjunkie.com. "Listen, here's the thing: Look at the three that he lost to, number one. Number two, what if Brock Lesnar did what everyone else did and said, 'Feed me a guy every other month for three years so I'll get six victories a year. I'll be 18-0 before you put me in there with a Frank Mir, a former UFC heavyweight champion, or Randy Couture and the legends of legends in UFC.'"

"But he didn't do that. He walked in and said give me your best."

"I think Dana White would love to have Brock Lesnar back. I think Lorenzo Fertitta would love to have Brock Lesnar back. Does Brock Lesnar want to go back? I don't think Brock has anything to prove in the UFC anymore. He's 35 years old. He made a lot of money in the UFC.

"His house and his farms and his cars and everything that he owns is paid for. Why would he go in and risk injury and concussions and risk any kind of physical damage when he doesn't need to? That's the thing you have to understand. How hungry can a fighter be when he has millions and millions of dollars in the bank? What's there for him to gain? Another run as UFC heavyweight champion? Why would he do that?"

Read entire article...

9/8/12 11:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lenz0799
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighting Fedor would make him part of the largest fight in the history of the sport, past, present and future. The legacy that one fight would create would overshadow everything else he has done. People would be telling their grandkids about the fight 50 years from now.
9/8/12 11:57 AM
baby-silverback
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock should stay GONE. Heyman should shut his mouth & stick with the "pro" wrasslin crap Phone Post
9/8/12 11:57 AM
stebrillz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a no from me Phone Post
9/8/12 12:00 PM
Lurkdaddy316
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

baby-silverback -  Brock should stay GONE. Heyman should shut his mouth & stick with the "pro" wrasslin crap Phone Post

Yeah, how dare he answer questions.....in an interview. SMDH
9/8/12 12:14 PM
baby-silverback
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You mad bro? :) Phone Post
9/8/12 12:56 PM
Tardiolli

Lets be real here as soon as Brock realized he wasn't going to be the #1 he left the sport. "Brock doesn't like not being the best", yeah whoever said that I see that. He took his ball home.

He did well for the amount of training he had but he clearly didn't give 2 shits about the sport, it was one more side activity for him and it wouldn't be surprising at all if he never even hints a comeback.

Before people cry illness, he's back to the WWE that is a pretty physically demanding activity. You can't have it both ways.
9/8/12 1:06 PM
JakeTheMuss
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lenz0799 - Fighting Fedor would make him part of the largest fight in the history of the sport, past, present and future. The legacy that one fight would create would overshadow everything else he has done. People would be telling their grandkids about the fight 50 years from now.
Do people really think this?

I'm not saying you're right or wrong but its not like people will talk about Hopkins v RJJ 2 in years to come either... Some fights just happen way too late.

Id love to see it regardless but it'd hardly be gamechanging. Phone Post
9/8/12 1:08 PM
baby-silverback

No, just not a Brock fan. That's all Phone Post
9/8/12 1:12 PM
EdTheGreat

lenz0799 - Fighting Fedor would make him part of the largest fight in the history of the sport, past, present and future. The legacy that one fight would create would overshadow everything else he has done. People would be telling their grandkids about the fight 50 years from now.

This
9/8/12 2:20 PM
Charlie100AD
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/08/12 2:23 PM
"Tardiolli - Lets be real here as soon as Brock realized he wasn't going to be the #1 he left the sport. "Brock doesn't like not being the best", yeah whoever said that I see that. He took his ball home. He did well for the amount of training he had but he clearly didn't give 2 shits about the sport, it was one more side activity for him and it wouldn't be surprising at all if he never even hints a comeback. Before people cry illness, he's back to the WWE that is a pretty physically demanding activity. You can't have it both ways."

I like Brock and would like him to return, but completely THIS.
9/8/12 2:26 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lenz0799 - Fighting Fedor would make him part of the largest fight in the history of the sport, past, present and future. The legacy that one fight would create would overshadow everything else he has done. People would be telling their grandkids about the fight 50 years from now.
Lol Phone Post
9/8/12 3:23 PM
MainelyBJJ
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He shouldnt even snihh the HOF.  Thats just crazy talk........

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.