UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ortiz: Jones is mentally weak

9/8/12 6:56 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Tito Ortiz said Jon Jones essentially threw him under the bus in a recent interview.

"I looked at it as he's just a weak guy," Ortiz told MMAjunkie.com. "There's a lot of minds stronger than that. It shows how he can just fold.

"Mentally, if he gets pressed and pressed during interviews, and all of a sudden he just totally turns himself around, you can't be like that, man."

Jones told MMAFighting.com that he was hurt when UFC President Dana White compared him to Ortiz when discussing the circumstances surrounding the cancellation of UFC 151, which came after he turned down a short-notice fight with Chael Sonnen and the promotion elected to scrap the entire card.

That disappointed Ortiz, who said he stood up for the light-heavyweight champ when fans trashed him for turning down the fight.

"You can't be like that," he said. "You've got to stand for the things you believe in."

read entire article...

9/8/12 6:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voted down
9/8/12 7:02 PM
YeahButNotInTheEyes
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shut up. Phone Post
9/8/12 7:02 PM
PatrickVilone
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I care just as much about what Tito says as to what Chael says. Tito just misses the spotlight
9/8/12 7:04 PM
Phisher

Edited: 09/08/12 7:04 PM

Jones may not be great at interviews, but it's not like Tito has any room to talk on this subject.  
9/8/12 7:13 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher -

Jones may not be great at interviews, but it's not like Tito has any room to talk on this subject.  
Exactly Phone Post
9/8/12 7:14 PM
shorebreaker420
1024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats buddy! Tonite style Phone Post
9/8/12 7:27 PM
MPA2000

Yawn. Why is stubby still trying hard to stay relevant? The clown wet his pants in a rematch with Liddell and completely folded in a rematch with Rashad.

Exactly who is talking to?
9/8/12 7:45 PM
SickEyeDiaz
471 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Tito! Phone Post
9/8/12 7:49 PM
stonepony

Until recently I would have disagreed. But, yeah, accusing people of racism is what morons do to compensate for having nothing better to say.
9/8/12 7:53 PM
factoryfeel

seems like dana threw tito under the bus more so than jon did.

why isn't tito lashing out at dana?
9/8/12 8:10 PM
factoryfeel

tito vs dana would be sweet right about now.
9/8/12 8:17 PM
KZTT_W85
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although I'm already over this Tito/jbj crap, one point he makes is right.

When jones is pressed in an interview he changes his stance on the spot.

When he said I will never fight Chael etc, etc and the interviewer said but Chael will bring in ppv dollars and whatever else and bones replies yeah I would fight him anytime. Lol Phone Post
9/8/12 8:17 PM
Alpha World Peace

Edited: 09/08/12 8:32 PM
Sorry DamnSevern and Lilbrockonmychest. Your points about me throwing the UG "into the gutter" are officially invalid. The UG itself is doing the exact same thing I have been.

UG News is using material I posted hours ago. Why? Because people are interested in seeing it. As I said before, my threads are informational and always based on an article or video that either plays off of what UG News has already posted, or UG News uses the exact same material hours later.

So calm down, you two, and exit the thread if you have a problem with it.

Take a deep breath, both of you.

Ultimately, Kirik decides what will be up on UG news, even if he's not posting it himself. He designates certain people to mine for stories. And apparently, he has no problem with "potentially negative stories" about Jon Jones during a month-long stretch where there are no fights. If you have a problem with it, take it up with him. 

Both of you have just been owned by none other than the UG itself.

9/8/12 8:28 PM
Alpha World Peace

Edited: 09/08/12 8:27 PM
LilBrockonmychest -  Alpha---  If I have to explain it to you or don't get it by now, it appears you never will.  Carry on with your crusade.
Thank you. Deal with it.

9/8/12 8:40 PM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alpha World Peace - Sorry DamnSevern and Lilbrockonmychest. Your points about me throwing the UG "into the gutter" are officially invalid. The UG itself is doing the exact same thing I have been.

UG News is using material I posted hours ago. Why? Because people are interested in seeing it. As I said before, my threads are informational and always based on an article or video that either plays off of what UG News has already posted, or UG News uses the exact same material hours later.

Ultimately, Kirik decides what will be up on UG news, even if he's not posting it himself. He designates certain people to mine for stories. And apparently, he has no problem with "potentially negative stories" about Jon Jones during a month-long stretch where there are no fights. If you have a problem with it, take it up with him. 

a. You have created over 15 jones threads in one month

b. UG News is garbage

c.  lol at whoever just voted me down
9/8/12 8:45 PM
FortyKoatz

Tito has never been the same since he cracked his skull.
9/8/12 8:47 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Vote the UG Blog Up Campaign is harrowing, not sure I have the mental toughness for it.
9/8/12 8:49 PM
Alpha World Peace

DamnSevern - 
Alpha World Peace - Sorry DamnSevern and Lilbrockonmychest. Your points about me throwing the UG "into the gutter" are officially invalid. The UG itself is doing the exact same thing I have been.

a. You have created over 15 jones threads in one month

b. UG News is garbage

c.  lol at whoever just voted me down

9/8/12 9:00 PM
Alpha World Peace

Edited: 09/08/12 9:01 PM
LilBrockonmychest -  I like how you post this...

I understand and appreciate your perspectives, DamnSevern and Lilbrockonmychest. 100%. Seriously. Both of you make valid points.

and then you post the above 9 minutes later. 

Bipolar?

Just because I feel you make valid points doesn't mean I agree with everything you say.

9/8/12 9:02 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1793 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is that Greg Nelson next to Brock?  Hard to tell, vision is a throbbing red behind a field of broken blood vessels and tears of rage. 

9/8/12 9:07 PM
Alpha World Peace

Edited: 09/08/12 10:32 PM
2JupitersTooMany -  Is that Greg Nelson next to Brock?  Hard to tell, vision is a throbbing red behind a field of broken blood vessels and tears of rage. 

9/9/12 2:03 AM
50 year storm

Tito ducked chuck all those years and made up the story about the pact to never fight. Jones finishes just about every opponent. That's hilarious
9/9/12 3:18 AM
Bipolar

LilBrockonmychest -  I like how you post this...

I understand and appreciate your perspectives, DamnSevern and Lilbrockonmychest. 100%. Seriously. Both of you make valid points.

and then you post the above 9 minutes later. 

Bipolar?

Why you gotta bring me into this?
9/9/12 4:20 AM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How the fuck is JJ mentally weak because he has smashed everybody he has come up against to date

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.