UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Hdmi splitting (at tv, not source), PS3 q

9/9/12 7:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
random_muppett
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I moved house recently and am trying to set up the tv, and running into a problem.

Question is in two parts.

Firstly my Samsung tv only has 1 hdmi port. I can find plenty of hdmi splitters to send the source signal to 2 different tvs/monitors etc but would the same thing work at the receiving end? Basically want to turn my single hdmi port into 2 so I can hdmi my satellite/cable receiver and ps3 into the same port? Gut feeling is that it wouldn't.

Second question - when I plug my ps3 into the hdmi port it works fine. But when I plug it in via the av cables (either straight on or via the scart adapter) there's no signal getting to the tv. I used to have it set up this way with no issues.

I've checked the scart and av ports on the tv are working with other devices, so either the cable is goosed or the scart output from the ps3 is....unless I'm missing something?

I'm in the uk if that matters.

Vtfus available for any help!

Thanks. Phone Post
9/9/12 9:21 AM
PrettyCoolGuy
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think you can get HDMI adaptors similar to scart ones where you turn an individual socket on to use that device.

As far as your scart not working, I'll ask the obvious question, are you switching to scart view and not trying to watch it on the HDMI channel? Not sure what causes that issue.
9/9/12 9:24 AM
PrettyCoolGuy
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some proof they exist: http://i.stack.imgur.com/rl85g.jpg

Just search google / amazon or something for 'multiple hdmi adaptor'.
9/9/12 9:50 AM
KingD87
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you gone back through your PS3 video settings to changing the output from there? I've run into similar problems (HDMI not working, digital audio, etc) Phone Post
9/9/12 7:26 PM
AoG
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can always just you know unplugged the hdmi cable from the satellite receiver and plug it into your ps3 when you need it.
9/11/12 5:37 PM
sweet n sassy
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When you change from hdmi to scart, hold the power button when the ps3 is off until you hear a beep. That should reset the resolution settings. Hope that works for you Phone Post
9/12/12 9:57 AM
NHBDaddy
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^This
9/13/12 3:33 PM
random_muppett
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sweet n sassy - When you change from hdmi to scart, hold the power button when the ps3 is off until you hear a beep. That should reset the resolution settings. Hope that works for you Phone Post
This fixed it. I'm a moran.

Cheers. Phone Post
9/15/12 6:52 AM
Sweeney Bob
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can get a hdmi block to save having to switch the hdmi leads about but they tend to be a bit unreliable and can cause issues with the sky box - I'd just stick to switching the leads about manually and save the ££'s Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.