UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> News and updates from Germany's MMA scene

10/7/13 6:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
funkjoker
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/07/13 6:20 AM
Dennis Siver is the best German MMA fighter and probably the most well-known too. Two problems with him: 1) he is grossly mismanaged, 2) he's not the best public speaker, he just wants to train and fight. Despite point 2), with a better management he could've become a big martial arts star with big sponsors. But his managers are horrible and know nothing about MMA.

Just an example: Peter Sobotta (0-3 UFC) has 6,400 Facebook fans compared to Siver's 1,820, Bellator signee Daniel Weichel has almost 10,600 fans. Siver is almost non-existant in social media. His managers don't try to push him in the media, Sobotta had numerous articles from all the big German magazines and newspapers when he fought in the UFC. Noone cares about Siver.
10/8/13 11:55 AM
funkjoker
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andreas Kraniotakes, Germany's no. 1 heavyweight, is set to fight former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski at an Fight Nights event in Arlovski's backyard Belarusia in November.
10/13/13 5:29 PM
funkjoker

Edited: 10/13/13 5:29 PM
Yesterday, The Ultimate Fighter 13 veteran Nordin Asrih got knocked out for the third time in a row (one of them in K-1). His opponent was a scrub from Eastern Europe. Asrih is done, if you ask me.
10/19/13 5:49 AM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Former UFC fighter and absolutely improved German fighter Peter Sobotta is having a bad year.

After his fight in Poland got canceled (the whole event will not be held) he found a new place to fight...in Germany for a title.

I've interviewed him a few days ago and everything was great. He already made weight and was ready for his fight.

He has been in the Netherlands for training and felt huge pain...
On his way back home he stopped at a training partner and the pain went unbelievable.

Next stop hospital...
In an emergency surgery, parts of his appendix, colon, small intestine and abdominal wall has been removed.

I hope he will be back strong in 2014! Phone Post 3.0
10/20/13 5:35 PM
funkjoker

At M-1 Challenge 42 in Russia, Germany's no. 2 middleweight Gregor Herb lost by points against local hero Andrei Semenov who received lots of help from the referee.
10/22/13 5:01 PM
funkjoker

Abu Azaitar's management is getting desperate... moving his first loss from the "pro" column into the "amateur" column... again. Someone's trying to polish the record before contacting the UFC... again. How pathetic... UFC won't sign him anyway, he's a criminal with serious Salafi ties.
10/24/13 1:28 PM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kidding??? That's a weak move...
Damn how cheap...that's some big bullsh*t...but it's no surprise. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 6:00 AM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work

Hendrik Oschmann and Sebastian Risch...two very famous German fighter, will finally face each other in February 2014 at We Love MMA after a bitter facebook rivalry (which is pretty rare in Germany).

I don't know how well known these two guys are outside of Germany...but I'm really looking forward to this fight. Phone Post 3.0
11/3/13 7:39 AM
funkjoker

I really hope there's going to be a double knockout, both of them suck and are annoying as hell.
11/4/13 4:27 AM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work

funkjoker - I really hope there's going to be a double knockout, both of them suck and are annoying as hell.
Especially Oschmann...
I don't know what's the problem with the German MMA fighters. Now that everyone is having a title, most of them are acting like celebrities...

Just a comparison...
I was doing interviews with many UFC fighters...most of them were really cool and saying, sure...here's my mobile...just call me.

And many many German fighters who has been cool before are answering now...please ask my manager he will take care of it.

Really? No thank you mate... Phone Post 3.0
11/4/13 4:58 AM
NorthFromHere
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jiu Jitsu doesn't work - Hendrik Oschmann and Sebastian Risch...two very famous German fighter, will finally face each other in February 2014 at We Love MMA after a bitter facebook rivalry (which is pretty rare in Germany).

I don't know how well known these two guys are outside of Germany...but I'm really looking forward to this fight. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think they're very well known outside of Germany. Beach muscles, tats and tough guy looks.
11/4/13 11:57 AM
funkjoker

NorthFromHere - 
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work - Hendrik Oschmann and Sebastian Risch...two very famous German fighter, will finally face each other in February 2014 at We Love MMA after a bitter facebook rivalry (which is pretty rare in Germany).

I don't think they're very well known outside of Germany. Beach muscles, tats and tough guy looks.

They are not even well known inside of Germany... just amongst a couple of hardcore fans who have a very high pain tolerance. By the way, did you know that some German fighters actually BUY "fans" for their Facebook pages? Yep...
11/4/13 12:02 PM
funkjoker

Jiu Jitsu doesn't work - 
funkjoker - I really hope there's going to be a double knockout, both of them suck and are annoying as hell.
Especially Oschmann...
I don't know what's the problem with the German MMA fighters. Now that everyone is having a title, most of them are acting like celebrities...

Just a comparison...
I was doing interviews with many UFC fighters...most of them were really cool and saying, sure...here's my mobile...just call me.

And many many German fighters who has been cool before are answering now...please ask my manager he will take care of it.

Really? No thank you mate... Phone Post 3.0

Here's the problem with German MMA fighters: they are delusional and think they are better than the rest of the Germans just because they fight in a ring two times a year for 300 bucks. Currently there are maybe ten guys who could make a living off of MMA, the rest of them are weekend warriors who brag about being a "cage fighter" (you're not, you're fighting in a ring) and "soon in the UFC" (not even in your dreams).
11/4/13 12:41 PM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work

Well said funkjoker...the only pro fighter up to date you can really have a good talk is Peter Sobotta...

He's down earth and pretty smart...

The rest is exactly as you have said... Phone Post 3.0
11/5/13 1:11 PM
funkjoker

Yes, Peter Sobotta definitely belongs to the 10% legitimate good guys in the German MMA scene... Dennis Siver too. Both are really nice and down to earth. Although he's not the greatest fighter, Andreas Kraniotakes is very nice as well.
11/9/13 4:34 AM
funkjoker

Jonas Billstein, no. 1 in Germany at light heavyweight, came back to middleweight at Bellator 107. He defeated Cortez Coleman by unanimous decision, completely dominated him in the grappling department. Too bad he chose to sign with Bellator because he would have been a good fit for the UFC's return to Germany.
11/11/13 12:00 PM
funkjoker

Controversial German fighter Benjamin Brinsa (13-0) is back! Brinsa is set to fight Russian newcomer and Sambo world champion Marif Piraev (7-0) at "Fight Nights 14" in Moscow on December 7th. This is going to be Brinsa's welterweight debut.
11/24/13 11:02 AM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work

Oooooh...yesterday was a baaaad day for german MMA!

A pretty well know MMA photographer "tried" to built up an own MMA event series. Hyping it day in day out, many people feared that this one will fail big time!!! Putting names on the ifghtcard like Nordin Asrih and promoting the event as a "high class" MMA event...

It was way worse...

Many professional fighters made weight, spent a long time in their fight camps, disclaimed many private things...traveled hundreds of miles...

And then...after switching the location three times...the promoter walked off and left fans, fighters and distributors 5 minutes before the first fight have had started.

Just a referee was coming into the locker rooms, telling the fighters, that the promoter left the place and had no money to pay the fighters...

MMA germany is running wild, because this behavior is far worse than anything else that happened in MMA germany the last years...

11/24/13 11:16 AM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow thats fucked

11/27/13 4:32 AM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work

Top German Flyweight Rany Saadeh signed an exclusive multi fight deal with BAMMA last monday...the talented young guy will show us more of his skills on the big stage of the uK based promotion...

11/28/13 9:26 AM
funkjoker

Big fight tomorrow at Fight Nights in Russia, Germany's no. 1 heavyweight Andreas Kraniotakes against former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski. Kraniotakes already lost to two former UFC heavyweight champions (Sylvia, Rodriguez), so maybe three time's the charm?
11/28/13 4:18 PM
touch
1085 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

funkjoker - Big fight tomorrow at Fight Nights in Russia, Germany's no. 1 heavyweight Andreas Kraniotakes against former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski. Kraniotakes already lost to two former UFC heavyweight champions (Sylvia, Rodriguez), so maybe three time's the charm?

This time they made an event in Belarus, not Russia. But Benjamin Brinsa fights in Russia soon

11/29/13 3:25 PM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work

Andreas Kraniotakes fought Andrei Arlovski in Minsk and lost via TKO in Round No. 2.

It was no surprise, if you saw Rd. 1, that Arlovski was far better than Kraniotakes...he´s a very nice and smart guy, but Arlovski was way better...

Kraniotakes did not lose via TKO or KO since 2010, but even if the referee stoppage was a few seconds too early, I don´t think Kraniotakes has had any chance...

11/29/13 3:33 PM
caposa
1838 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jiu Jitsu doesn't work - 

Andreas Kraniotakes fought Andrei Arlovski in Minsk and lost via TKO in Round No. 2.

It was no surprise, if you saw Rd. 1, that Arlovski was far better than Kraniotakes...he´s a very nice and smart guy, but Arlovski was way better...

Kraniotakes did not lose via TKO or KO since 2010, but even if the referee stoppage was a few seconds too early, I don´t think Kraniotakes has had any chance...

fair stoppage in my opinion

11/29/13 3:44 PM
funkjoker

Slow and boring fight, now 0-3 against former UFC champions. Hats off for facing tough opponents though. He's the only German who does that (besides the UFC fighters of course).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.