UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> News and updates from Germany's MMA scene

11/25/12 3:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
funkjoker
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're welcome!

I just read great news: Judo black belt Andreas Bernhard (7-2) is going to make his comeback on December 16th at Battle of Moscow 9 in Russia.

Bernhard is set to face Combat Sambo world champion Ali Bagautinov (8-2), a Russian, who's currently ranked no. 4 in Europe at flyweight.

This marks the first time in his career that 5'1'' Bernhard, a former Cage Warriors bantamweight title contender, is fighting in his natural weight class.

The dude is one inch taller than a midget but fought at lightweight and featherweight for a great portion of his career! I'm pretty excited to see what he can do as a flyweight.
11/28/12 6:36 AM
funkjoker
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

German UFC fighter Pascal Krauss (10-1) is set to return to action on January 26th at UFC on FOX 6 in Chicago, Illinois against Illinois native Mike Stumpf (11-3).

Krauss has moved to the US this month, where he's going to be able to train full-time for the first time in his MMA career. I don't know exactly where he's going to live, but I do know that he's going to train at Roufusport.

Krauss is much more well-rounded than Stumpf. No disrespect, but I don't think the UFC could've given him an easier opponent. If he doesn't beat him, it doesn't bode well for his UFC career.
11/28/12 9:57 AM
funkjoker

Edited: 11/28/12 9:58 AM
Here is a short video interview by GnP-TV (GroundandPound.de's online TV show) with successful German UFC fighter Dennis Siver, who's fighting TUF vet Nam Phan at UFC on FOX 5 on December 8th. The interview is in German but it has Engrish subtitles.
11/29/12 1:04 PM
funkjoker

Strikeforce signed Austrian heavyweight Nandor Guelmino (11-3-1) for their January 13th event as the opponent for Josh Barnett! Guelmino just won the World Freefight Challenge's heavyweight title. His last loss was to Germany's no. 1 heavyweight Andreas Kraniotakes, at WFC in December 2009. Since then Guelmino has won seven in a row. He's a standup fighter (TKD black belt, K-1 experience) and his ground game has improved a lot. Nevertheless I think Barnett is going to crush him.
12/1/12 9:30 AM
funkjoker

Respect Fighting Championship, Germany's premier MMA event, announced their first important fight for their Respect.9 event near Cologne on April 13th, on the FIBO expo weekend.

Undefeated BJJ brown belt Nicolas Penzer (7-0 with 7 submissions in R1) (who turned down an offer to appear on TUF 17!) is going to defend his middleweight title against iron-chinned Polish wrecking machine Marcin Naruszczka (11-1). This is going to be Penzer's biggest test in his career by far.
12/8/12 3:33 PM
funkjoker

Today Daniel Weichel, Germany's no. 1 lightweight and a former M-1 Global champion, beat Georgi Stoyanov with a Rear Naked Choke in R2 at M-1 Challenge 36 in Moscow, Russia. Stoyanov might be the worst fighter holding a 12-1 record. This dude turned away after Weichel's first punch hit his face and he's supposed to be a national-level wrestler but got his takedown reserved directly into side mount. If you want to have a good laugh, look up that fight on YouTube.
12/8/12 3:43 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
funkjoker - Today Daniel Weichel, Germany's no. 1 lightweight and a former M-1 Global champion, beat Georgi Stoyanov with a Rear Naked Choke in R2 at M-1 Challenge 36 in Moscow, Russia. Stoyanov might be the worst fighter holding a 12-1 record. This dude turned away after Weichel's first punch hit his face and he's supposed to be a national-level wrestler but got his takedown reserved directly into side mount. If you want to have a good laugh, look up that fight on YouTube.

Yeah, his record is a joke. He has beaten one opponent three times and another one twice.
12/8/12 4:00 PM
funkjoker

M-1 matchmaking is often times as ridiculous as the grappling abilities of its fighters. (Jordan Breen approves of this posting.)
12/8/12 6:12 PM
funkjoker

Germany's no.1 pound-for-pound fighter Dennis Siver just destroyed TUF vet Nam Phan at UFC on FOX 5. And if I write destroyed, I actually mean ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED. Made him look like a novice, both on the feet and on the ground.
12/8/12 6:57 PM
funkjoker

Germany's no. 1 light heavyweight Mathias Schuck, a first division wrestler, defeated Dutch kickboxing star Sergio Pique at the Kickmas event in Hamburg by TKO in R1.
12/12/12 6:22 PM
funkjoker

Germany's no.1 pound-for-pound fighter Dennis Siver is set to face Cub Swanson in the co-main event of UFC on FUEL TV 7 in London, England. If he beats Swanson decisively, expect Siver to be "in the mix" for a featherweight title shot.
12/16/12 1:09 PM
funkjoker

German Judo black belt Andreas Bernhard just lost his flyweight debut in Russia at Fight Nights "Battle of Moscow 9". Russia's Ali Bagautinov beat him by TKO in 29 seconds. Early stoppage if you ask me, but that's to be expected when you face the promotion's darling in a Russian organization.
12/22/12 3:20 PM
NINERS76
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone train in Hanau
12/22/12 3:32 PM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm living about 10 minutes away from hanau but I'm training in Frankfurt.
I just know some Muay Thai gym in hanau.
What are you looking for? Phone Post
1/2/13 3:29 PM
funkjoker

My German friends at GroundandPound.de are currently operating the EIGTH annual "Ground & Pound Awards", probably the oldest MMA awards in the world wide web.

UG's own TOM LAWLOR is nominated for "Cult fighter of the year"!

I translated all the different categories for you if you'd like to participate:

1. Fighter of the year
2. Female Fighter of the year
3. Best Gym
4. Best Newcomer (in a big promotion)
5. Most improved fighter
6. Best young fighter (under 23)
7. Cult fighter of the year
8. Boxer of the Year
9. Kickboxer of the year
10. Grappler of the year
11. Fight of the year
12. Knockout of the year
13. Submission of the year
14. Best promotion
15. Best event
1/4/13 9:39 AM
funkjoker

Edited: 01/04/13 11:26 AM
I just saw two potentally interesting new fights for M-1 Challenge 37 on February 27th in Russia.

Former M-1 lightweight champion Daniel Weichel is going to fight former M-1 lightweight champion Artiom Damkovsy. Damkovsky beat Weichel's former teammate Mairbek Taisumov for the M-1 belt in 2010.

Taisumov is going to challenge Musa Khamanaev for the title, so he's going to face the guy who took the title from Weichel in June 2012.

Taisumov and Khamanaev are two of the most exciting lightweights in Europe, this is going to be a barn burner!
1/4/13 1:04 PM
Tom Lawlor
462 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes! Germany loves me! Phone Post
1/4/13 3:04 PM
pato1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the fuck we do!

... ok. yes. yes, we do... impregnate our women and teabag our men. germany is yours...
1/5/13 6:31 AM
funkjoker

Edited: 01/05/13 6:31 AM
I'm going to post the complete fight cards right before the events, but right now it seems like 2013 is going to be the year of the title fights.

German MMA Championship 3 has four title fights, Respect Fighting Championship 9 is going to have five or six title fights and Kombat Komplett 8 has three title fights.

Some morons complained about a "title flood", but I think that title fights attract new fans because the fights mean more when a title is on the line. No one cares about two nobodies fighting for nothing. But if two nobodies are fighting for a shiny gold belt, people are going to be interested.

Now that the promoters had the great idea that fans don't want to wait for two months until the fight videos are released on YouTube, I'll try to post some videos of the more interesting/exciting fights after the events.
1/9/13 4:14 PM
funkjoker

Edited: 01/09/13 4:14 PM
Fun fact of the day: German fighters are offended if you don't like their Facebook page, the page of their gym or the page of their sponsor.
1/13/13 5:55 PM
funkjoker

Here are the results for the seventh annual GroundandPound.de Awards:

Best Fighter: Dennis Siver
Best Fight: Marcin Naruszczka vs. Abu Azaitar
Best Promotion: Superior FC
Submission of the Year: Armbar by Alexander Neufang
Best Newcomer: Stephan Pütz
Best Event: Respect.FC 7
Best Female Fighter: Sheila Gaff
Best Gym: Planet Eater
Cult Fighter of the Year: Hendrik Oschmann
Best Young Fighter: Martin Buschkamp
Knockout of the Year: Knees to the Head by Marcin Naruczszka
Most Improved Fighter of the Year: Andreas Bigels
1/14/13 5:43 AM
Tom Lawlor
462 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did Hendrick Oschman beat me out? I must know more about this fellow... Phone Post
1/14/13 9:37 AM
funkjoker

These are just the results for Germany, Chael P. Sonnen beat you in the International category. :-(
1/17/13 1:52 PM
funkjoker

Nooooooooooooo: Dennis Siver injured his knee in training! His meniscus is torn, he's probably going to need surgery.
1/24/13 4:11 PM
funkjoker

Edited: 01/24/13 4:12 PM
Pascal Krauss, the "other" German fighter in the UFC, is set to make his comeback at UFC on FOX 6 on Saturday. This is his first video blog (in English!) for your enjoyment, featuring Anthony Pettis and Erik Koch.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.