UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kampann: GSP owes me a thank you

9/9/12 7:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"For sure I believe a win over Hendricks gets me the title shot," Kampmann said. "I feel I should have been given the shot a long time ago. I have fought some of the best welterweights in the world and every single fight I get is against one of the top contenders.

"I'm doing GSP a favor because I'm beating all the tough guys in the division. He should be sending me thank-you letters."

On the same night Kampmann faces Hendricks, St. Pierre and Carlos Condit will battle to unify the divisional titles. With GSP on the sidelines, the UFC instituted an "interim" title which Condit currently holds. Kampmann doesn't give any validity to the interim strap and he's happy the belt he wants, is finally going to be back in play.

"GSP is coming back and is going to fight Condit in November," Kampmann said. "They are going to connect the two belts but obviously GSP has the real belt. He has the one that counts. Obviously I want to fight for the belt, but I'd rather fight for the real one. That is the one I want."

Kampmann also doesn't believe St. Pierre has "cleaned out" the division and offered an alternative solution to the proposed "super fight" with Silva.

"I don't know why GSP is so anxious to get knocked out by Anderson Silva," Kampmann said. "If he wants to get knocked out, he can just take a fight with me."

read entire article...

9/9/12 8:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CrimeBoss
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kampann vs Diaz for the #1 contender spot Phone Post
9/9/12 8:10 PM
dcvillain
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Kampann but it wasnt to long ago where he was crushed by an undersized striker in Paul Daley. GSP would be a very hard fight for Kampann.
9/9/12 8:11 PM
SupesUp
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ridiculous statements. Phone Post
9/9/12 8:11 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, it's so funny how fighters are taking the "Chael" approach now. And you can't blame them, it equates to big money and the fights you want.

Kampmann vs Diaz would be great, but he's right. He deserves a shot if he beats Hendricks, hell... they should've given him a shot against Condit already. I've always thought that if Ellenberger had won, they'd have given him his rematch with Condit.
9/9/12 8:14 PM
Bruce_Buffer_fan
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm doing GSP a favor because I'm beating all the tough guys in the division. He should be sending me thank-you letters."

some real gems in that interview
9/9/12 8:16 PM
ranier wolfcastle
876 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iirc thiago alvez was woopin him most of the fight too
9/9/12 8:19 PM
letsgobois

I admit, every time Kampmann fights I think he's going to lose, but the guy brings it and makes it super exciting. 
9/9/12 8:24 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -  iirc thiago alvez was woopin him most of the fight too

Yeah, and how did that work out for Mr. Alves?
9/9/12 8:25 PM
Neil McCauley

kampmann should be sending dana thank you letters for giving marquart the boot.
9/9/12 8:27 PM
chauda
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I sense it would end GSP by UD.
9/9/12 8:29 PM
Ant124m

Even when Kampmann wins he takes a beating in the process. I don't see much longevity in his career. GSP will put a beating on him and not let him recover. Kampmann may be the one guy GSP can finish. Phone Post
9/9/12 8:29 PM
MadmanGadman
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a fan of both Kampman and GSP, but GSP would whoop his ass around the octagon. I don't think it would be much of a fight. Phone Post
9/9/12 8:31 PM
in_different
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quite honestly, I think kampman is boring. He is getting credit for being "exciting". That's wrong. He isvery very tough. He gets his head knocked off but keeps fighting and perseveres. TThat's awesome. But he is far from exciting IMO. Very technical. And admittedly they fight over ellenbergur was impressive. He brought it then.

All that being said, this guy has nothing for gsp . He is not usually a ko artist. He won't outwrestle or submit gsp. I just thin he has nothing for him and I would rather have many other people fight gsp than him. If he keeps winning. Maybe 2 more, he will get it.
cross3dout
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol too bad Hendricks is going to KO this fool so I won't get to see GSP do it Phone Post
XxLiveBaitxX
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Martin Kampmann is exactly the fighter to headline FOX main events.

A savage who never disappoints.
9/9/12 8:36 PM
XFactah416
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in_different - Quite honestly, I think kampman is boring. He is getting credit for being "exciting". That's wrong. He isvery very tough. He gets his head knocked off but keeps fighting and perseveres. TThat's awesome. But he is far from exciting IMO. Very technical. And admittedly they fight over ellenbergur was impressive. He brought it then.

All that being said, this guy has nothing for gsp . He is not usually a ko artist. He won't outwrestle or submit gsp. I just thin he has nothing for him and I would rather have many other people fight gsp than him. If he keeps winning. Maybe 2 more, he will get it.

if the Hitman is boring 99% of all fighters are boring.

Kampmann goes in there and fights his ass off. He is very well rounded. I would love to see Hitman vs Nick Diaz. Maybe that will be the barnburner that everyone thought Condit vs Nick was gonna be.
9/9/12 8:36 PM
Farewell Brock

CrimeBoss - Kampann vs Diaz for the #1 contender spot Phone Post
Diaz nerds to win vs top 10 before he comes close to a number 1 contender fight Phone Post
9/9/12 8:39 PM
BBQ@bendos
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XFactah416 -
in_different - Quite honestly, I think kampman is boring. He is getting credit for being "exciting". That's wrong. He isvery very tough. He gets his head knocked off but keeps fighting and perseveres. TThat's awesome. But he is far from exciting IMO. Very technical. And admittedly they fight over ellenbergur was impressive. He brought it then.

if the Hitman is boring 99% of all fighters are boring.

Kampmann goes in there and fights his ass off. He is very well rounded. I would love to see Hitman vs Nick Diaz. Maybe that will be the barnburner that everyone thought Condit vs Nick was gonna be.
Kampmann would make it a fight no doubt. Phone Post
9/9/12 8:43 PM
RileyPust

What kind of soulless, unloved creature could say Kampmann is boring?!
9/9/12 8:48 PM
Loxly
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kampmann boring?? Daley undersized striker?? Kampmann one fighter GSP can finish??

ridiculous statements indeed
9/9/12 9:08 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh man kampmann boring!? Haha wow

I would love to see Kampmann face Condit again. People seem to think that just because these guys have a few dull moments, they're boring.. I guarantee, that fight would be epic Phone Post
9/9/12 9:49 PM
CrimeBoss

Farewell Brock -
CrimeBoss - Kampann vs Diaz for the #1 contender spot Phone Post
Diaz nerds to win vs top 10 before he comes close to a number 1 contender fight Phone Post
Stick to watching GSP blanket someone,I'll stick to watching a real fighter in nick Phone Post
9/9/12 9:53 PM
MdGeist

Kampmann has had the hardest road of any WW in the division.

He got fucked over against Shields and Diego with some questionable decisions and got pushed to the back of the line but he still fought his way back up to title contention.

He's the most underrated fighter at WW. I personally rank him higher than Diaz, Shields, and even Condit.

9/9/12 10:01 PM
mijo

Kampmann is a top contender. I would feel more comfortable saying this after I beat a fighter like Hendricks. Its not like Kampmann is a dominate fighter. He fights alot of tough matches, but they are against top contenders. I have Hendricks beating him by Decision.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.