UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva: I wouldn't have fought Bruce Lee

9/10/12 11:36 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

And when it's time to stop fighting? It is next?
Anderson Silva - I guess you can get over a 6-year battle. I love what I do, the team that works with me does a fantastic job, never had a serious injury that myself away from competition. So I think I have this little while longer.

What are your idols?
Anderson Silva - The biggest is the Bruce Lee fan I am. I especially like the philosophy of it. But I'm also a fan of Muhammad Ali and Roy Jones Jr. are guys for whom I tip my hat, get my black belt. Outside the ring, I would say Michael Jordan, Pele and Ronaldo. People think I say this because of my contract with 9ine, but it is not. It was long before Ronaldo fan.

I would have faced the Bruce Lee?
Anderson Silva - No. .. I would like to have known him and to have had lessons with him. But not risk a fight with Bruce Lee, no.

translated by Google...

9/10/12 11:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OUTCOLD
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wise move
9/10/12 11:45 AM
RicoVelasquez
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana should spend some of those big bucks to have Anderson Silva sparring a Bruce Lee hologram. Phone Post
9/10/12 11:53 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i see that anderson is now ducking 125 lb dead asian actors
9/10/12 12:00 PM
ThinkMMA
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"But not risk a fight with Bruce Lee, no.". WTF. Dude needs to fight Weidman. Phone Post
9/10/12 12:02 PM
SBMForLife

What kind of Bruce Lee, let's make the first superfight first...
9/10/12 12:08 PM
sparkuri
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -  i see that anderson is now ducking 125 lb dead asian actors

lol
9/10/12 12:19 PM
Thanos Foo
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -  i see that anderson is now ducking 125 lb dead asian actors

Gold Jerry,Gold.
9/10/12 12:24 PM
Leck Brosnar

Anderson is friends with Bruce Lee?! Wow.
9/10/12 12:49 PM
GelderdEnd

ThinkMMA - "But not risk a fight with Bruce Lee, no.". WTF. Dude needs to fight Weidman. Phone Post
You do know Bruce Lee is dead don't you? Phone Post
9/10/12 12:55 PM
Lazer MMA

Good for AS for again and again acknowledging and respecting great MA's and being smart enough to want to learn from them!

I know, I know the UG is smarter.

LMFAO at that again and again!
9/10/12 1:02 PM
Racer X
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Made me laugh.
9/10/12 3:41 PM
ThinkMMA

GelderdEnd -
ThinkMMA - "But not risk a fight with Bruce Lee, no.". WTF. Dude needs to fight Weidman. Phone Post
You do know Bruce Lee is dead don't you? Phone Post
Ummmm yeah. You do understand my post don't you? Phone Post
9/10/12 3:45 PM
slugshot331
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/10/12 3:46 PM
ABE FROMAN

This would be funny if you weren't 100% serious.

9/10/12 6:56 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/10/12 6:56 PM

LOL! How is this man -89? VTFU

9/10/12 7:38 PM
Lazer MMA

War Bruce!
9/10/12 7:43 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Almost as amazing as this gif

9/10/12 10:58 PM
MPA2000

I hate to be the troll one here, but Bruce Lee never EVER fought in a match in his life. They were all the typical demonstrations and what not.

I am not sure if any of his Jeet Koon Do guys have ever fought in a Martial Arts match under his banner either.
9/10/12 11:03 PM
Sean Wiley

Edited: 09/10/12 11:03 PM
Bruce did some amateur boxing but never had anything resembling a Vale Tudo fight. Real VT was around in his lifetime, and if he cared to look he would've found it. I don't think Bruce Lee was fake by any means, but he certainly wasn't on the level that MMA guys are today. I don't think he would've won UFC 1, and if I could have Bruce come back to life and fight anyone from any time period, it would've been Tank Abbot from UFC 6.

That would've been the test for Bruce, to see if he could beat a 280+ powerlifter-type brawler with some wrestling skills. I wouldn't put him up against Royce or Shamrock, since realistically he wouldn't have been prepared for that kind of a fight. It would've been a legit test, however, to put him in there with a big guy who isn't afraid of him and see if he really could pull it off.
9/10/12 11:13 PM
Lazer MMA

MPA2000 - I hate to be the troll one here, but Bruce Lee never EVER fought in a match in his life. They were all the typical demonstrations and what not.

I am not sure if any of his Jeet Koon Do guys have ever fought in a Martial Arts match under his banner either.

Horse hockey.

AS knows more then UG! ....... Again!

Bruce fought in many REAL fights. The most famous of which if he lost he was going to be forced to close his school down (SF China town).
9/11/12 12:06 AM
ChaosOverkill
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

This would be funny if you weren't 100% serious.

Yep he's such a failure of a troll
9/11/12 8:19 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 09/11/12 8:20 AM

TTT
9/11/12 8:21 AM
Lazer MMA

Dong Johnson -  BRUCE LEE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MMA

- UG tard

Meanwhile,

UFC is the father of MMA - Dana White

Bruce Lee is my biggest idol - Anderson Silva

Didn't you hear? The UG knows better than AS all the time! AS credits Seagal and thanks him (as does Machida) but the UG is smarter on that one too!

LMFAO
9/11/12 10:41 AM
DanChow
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/11/12 10:43 AM
Bruce Lee is one of founding fathers* of martial arts!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tao_of_Jeet_Kune_Do

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1a/TOJKDLE.jpg/230px-TOJKDLE.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/HK_Star_Bruce_Lee_16.jpg/220px-HK_Star_Bruce_Lee_16.jpg

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.