UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Safest Alcohol - Least Body Damage

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/10/12 3:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ron Jeremy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am forced to the corporate drink affair. What are the least damaging alcohols I can drink from terms of impact on body? I know some hard liquors have zero carbs BUT will set you back worse.

Thanks!!!
9/10/12 8:53 PM
Mudderfaeg
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't drink Phone Post
9/10/12 9:56 PM
T-Man
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forced? That's whack. If you don't want to drink, don't.

That said, if you are only going to have one or two, go for wine. Might even have health benefits.
9/10/12 11:10 PM
savage animal
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Red wine FTW

But I would like to know if, for some reason, is...vodka less bad for you than gin, etc. I assume less impurities in the clear ones, less hangover from those of course, stay away from mixers with sugar (go for club soda, if anything, not tonic).

can anyone weigh in? Someone c'mon tell me what I want to hear, tell me tequila and bourbon have health benefits! Phone Post
9/10/12 11:41 PM
turducken

red wine or a good dark beer...a good unfiltered belgian will have some antioxidants and b-vitamins/protein(small amount, but still something). plus it actually tastes good
9/11/12 4:55 AM
HULC
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moderate alcohol use is associated with a number of health benefits, so drink whatever you want.
9/11/12 11:37 AM
cheesesteak
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing wrong with a drink every once in a while. But if you just don't drink, then just say, Sorry guys I don't drink!

It's no big deal either way.
9/11/12 12:26 PM
Out To Lunch
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My uncle used to order a drink and just let it sit there. He said it worked for him. I don't know how people did not notice that he wasn't actually drinking.

Also, now he does drink, and heavy, so maybe this approach does not really work. LOL
9/12/12 9:34 AM
big_slacker
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really? worried about carbs intake for a 1 day event? :/

Drink a few good beers or sip on a nice single malt. It's not required that you get hammered.
9/12/12 9:39 AM
eviladam
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

one sip of any form of alcohol will permanently damage your body.

don't go.
9/12/12 3:49 PM
HERTSWENIP
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Define "damage" ? You're being vague.

Carbs don't cause any oxidative damage, alcohol itself does.

Dark beers and wines have the highest antioxidant content, and will have the least oxidative damage per unit of alcohol.

However their congeners may cause hangovers. They also may contribute more to adiposity than a sugar free hard liquor.

But alcohol itself is a calorie dense macronutrient.
9/12/12 10:24 PM
cheesesteak
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HERTSWENIP - Define "damage" ? You're being vague.

Dark beers and wines have the highest antioxidant content, and will have the least oxidative damage per unit of alcohol.

However their congeners may cause hangovers. They also may contribute more to adiposity than a sugar free hard liquor.

eviladam trolled you dude.
9/12/12 10:35 PM
imkeithhernandez
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually this months Musclemag has a big piece on this..check it Phone Post
9/13/12 12:27 AM
HERTSWENIP
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - 
HERTSWENIP - Define "damage" ? You're being vague.

eviladam trolled you dude.

I wasn't replying to evildam.
9/13/12 4:38 AM
BryanH
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All types of Alcohol will damage your body. Your liver can process roughly a unit an hour.

A pint of beer is 2.6 units
Large glass of wine 250ml is 3.3 units
Shots are 1 unit

Personally you can get pissed very quick with wine it has some slap off it. A shot with a mixer or a beer is the way to go just stay under 10 units and go for a run the next day to sweat it out of you.

9/21/12 2:45 PM
HULC
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BryanH - All types of Alcohol will damage your body. Your liver can process roughly a unit an hour.

Shots are 1 unit

Personally you can get pissed very quick with wine it has some slap off it. A shot with a mixer or a beer is the way to go just stay under 10 units and go for a run the next day to sweat it out of you.

Running won't sweat it out and alcohol isn't damaging to your body unless you massively over do it.

Your post was very myth-dense.
9/24/12 12:04 AM
turducken

lmao @ sipping on 5-6 glasses. isnt that like a bottle and a half?
9/24/12 7:02 AM
BryanH
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HULC - 
BryanH - All types of Alcohol will damage your body. Your liver can process roughly a unit an hour.

Shots are 1 unit

Running won't sweat it out and alcohol isn't damaging to your body unless you massively over do it.

Your post was very myth-dense.

Hulc your right.. in moderation its fine i was refering to binge drinking.

Wasnt aware you couldnt sweat alcohol out of your body i know your liver and kidneys do the most work.. then i thought it was breath and perspiration.
9/30/12 3:57 AM
Spoonie Luv

SoCal Margarita

- fresh squeezed lime juice
- high end tequila Phone Post
10/4/12 11:57 AM
Mrbrownfolks
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pick an appletini. You will show that you have a complex palate and know your alcohol. You also get the benifits of the fresh fruit apple alcohol.
10/4/12 1:16 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what do you mean by "forced" like others have said? just say "no i don't drink" or have one freaking drink. I don't drink and when I do I have a beer or maybe 2 max (at which point I get sloppy) whilst my friends are pounding beers left and right at draft bars during UFCs or when we went camping and rock climbing a few weeks ago one of my buddies himself drank a 24 pack over the course of 2.5 days but my girl and I had one six pack of apple cider total.

also, one day won't kill you, dude lol

and a sidenote...is turducken becoming a better posters? mentioning antioxidants AND Belgian beers?!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.