UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Fat Burning supplements a bad idea?

9/10/12 6:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Gaspare
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My buddy isnt what id call fat, but just slightly chubby (more so just his stomach area) he wanted to try to just tighten up that area. Anyway he was talking about using fat burning supplements, are these safe for you at all? Is it a good idea for someone who's just alittle chubby to be taking it? Or are they targeted for bigger people? Phone Post
9/10/12 6:51 PM
BjjDominates

They don't do anything. Tell him to just watch his eating more carefully and hit up some cardio. Most fat supplements are
Placebos or r just caffeine pills that r terrible for u Phone Post
9/10/12 7:24 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

BjjDominates - They don't do anything. Tell him to just watch his eating more carefully and hit up some cardio. Most fat supplements are
Placebos or r just caffeine pills that r terrible for u Phone Post
Thats the thing, as far as I know he doesnt eat THAT bad... Phone Post
9/10/12 7:35 PM
Authority Figure

I used Thermo Burst (thermogenic) for 2 years w/ no problems. I currently use Endorush, which is one of those high caffeine/vitamin B drinks. Both increase my metabolism, increase the sweat, increase energy etc. I track my BMP while working out and I can say over last 2.5 years it's definitely helped my workout stamina and weight loss.
9/10/12 7:36 PM
Authority Figure

Oh - I cut from 215 to 180 over a 2.5 year period using these products. I wanted to get back to my college weight. Prior to using thermogenics (I've tried some others as well) I could only manage to drop 1-5 lbs in total.
9/11/12 4:22 AM
Eggbert
677 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it took you 2.5 years to drop 35 lbs and had to use fat burners you know absolutely nothing about nutrition and exercise Phone Post
9/11/12 6:57 AM
banco

ECA stack works but off the shelf stuff is a waste of money.
9/11/12 8:59 AM
BjjDominates

Just strt adding in more cardio. Intervals r real good for short time high calorie burning workouts. Drink lots of water Phone Post
9/11/12 10:38 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eggbert -  If it took you 2.5 years to drop 35 lbs and had to use fat burners you know absolutely nothing about nutrition and exercise Phone Post

this....

I went from being a fat 230 to a lean ~160 in less than a year. no flabby skin or starvation diets either. 
9/11/12 6:04 PM
UGCTT_Creepy'sMustache
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get a thermogenic or Hypercuts. I've used Hypercuts not to lose weight but to stay cut, but they do help for weight loss if that is the goal. It also strengthens your focus. Phone Post
9/11/12 6:16 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do you understand the side effects from this crap?
9/11/12 11:27 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

ArthurKnoqOut -
Eggbert -  If it took you 2.5 years to drop 35 lbs and had to use fat burners you know absolutely nothing about nutrition and exercise Phone Post

this....

I went from being a fat 230 to a lean ~160 in less than a year. no flabby skin or starvation diets either. 
What did you do/eat? Phone Post
9/12/12 9:31 AM
Wet Fish
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good Diet and cardio, I've messed around with "fat burners" and nothing legal has ever benefited me Phone Post
9/12/12 1:48 PM
Badmonkey

If you use them like coffee in the sense that you pop them first thing in the morning to help you get to exercising.

I use to take an ephedra/caffeine stack(keep it by my bed with a glass of water) first thing and then snooze until i was wide awake.

9/13/12 8:06 AM
ArthurKnoqOut

UGCTT_Gaspare - 
ArthurKnoqOut -

this....

What did you do/eat? Phone Post

It's funny when I work with clients a lot of answers I give them are pretty common " cut out junk food (we go into details more as to what junk food really means as well as fast food), sugars, bread, etc" I am a big believer in "nutrient dense food". I didn't any crazy work outs just 3-4 times a day, 3-5 sets and 8-12 reps of exercises, mainly for toning.  Not a big calorie deficit but I believe that if you get your body health first, the body fat will be automatic more or less...It just differs once you work with people with certain conditions like high blood sugar, or low T3/T3 production/conversion but even then, getting the body to a healthier level is even more crucial methinks.

9/13/12 12:47 PM
disbeliever
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Nothing legal works except ECA/Y

Plus they make you feel like shit imo. work hard and diet

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.