Food & Wine Ground >> Wafffle Recipe! Try this.
|9/10/12 10:00 PM|
Member Since: 6/24/07
Awesome waffle recipe
1 1/2 cups whole milk
6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 to 3 tablespoons maple syrup, optional (or not optional. use it!)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
3/4 teaspoons instant yeast
1) Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, leaving room for expansion; the mixture will bubble and grow.
2) Stir to combine; it's OK if the mixture isn't perfectly smooth.
3) Cover with plastic wrap, and let rest at room temperature, Overnight!.
3,5) Add 2 tablespoons of sugar
4) Preheat your waffle iron. Spray with non-stick vegetable oil spray, and pour 2/3 to 3/4 cup batter (or the amount recommended by the manufacturer) onto the center of the iron. Close the lid and bake for the recommended amount of time, until the waffle is golden brown. It takes us 5 to 6 minutes, using our 7" Belgian-style (deep-pocket) waffle iron.
5) Serve immediately, or keep warm in a 200°F oven. Serve with berries and whipped cream, if desired required
Yield: about 4 Belgian-style (deep-pocket) 7" round waffles.
You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.