UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Evans: Jones 'disillusioned', Belfort can win

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/10/12 11:15 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"Yes, yes, he has more than a chance. I truly believe it, I truly believe it. Vitor has some of the best hands, the fastest hands and he is very fast and he's very explosive. You know what I'm saying? So I think Vitor makes it a fight. He goes in there and he makes it a fight."

"Of course, if he ever needed me for anything like that, I'll be there to talk to him and to help him out if he needs it. And I don't know everything there is to know about life, either, so I'm sure if there's something I have a problem in life, I'm sure I can learn from him, too. I think right now, he needs to really sort out some things in his life as far as his management situation and just find some people on his team who's really going to give a true idea and true perspective of where he's really coming form because sometimes I think he's a little bit disillusioned. I think disillusion can cause a lot of harm to you."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

9/10/12 11:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack_Bauer
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon Jones (-850)
Vitor Belfort (+550)

Shit, I'll take Vitor's hands at those odds....

9/10/12 11:33 PM
Alpha World Peace
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/10/12 11:35 PM

...before DamnSevern and Lilbrockonmychest start complaining about Jon Jones-related "negative minded" threads again.

9/10/12 11:37 PM
KZTT_W85
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was never a big rashad fan in the past but I really respect the way he's handled his business in the last 12 months.

He's really matured and a great spokesperson/ambassador for the sport. Phone Post
9/10/12 11:39 PM
Amose
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_W85 - I was never a big rashad fan in the past but I really respect the way he's handled his business in the last 12 months.

He's really matured and a great spokesperson/ambassador for the sport. Phone Post
Same here Phone Post
9/10/12 11:41 PM
Herrgh
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_W85 - I was never a big rashad fan in the past but I really respect the way he's handled his business in the last 12 months.

I think he knows that the jones situation/bs did not bode well for his career, and is trying to make an effort to show he isn't a douche as many assume. Phone Post
9/11/12 12:11 AM
Jack_Bauer
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather see Vitor vs. Rashad....
9/11/12 12:19 AM
NEWSFLASH
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack_Bauer - Jon Jones (-850)
Vitor Belfort (+550)

Shit, I'll take Vitor's hands at those odds....

I dropped $50 on Vitor to win $275. I'm counting on all this bad press psychologically affecting Jones come fight time. And Vitor's hands.

I still think JBJ wins, but I'll risk it for that.
9/11/12 1:40 AM
WRESTLENOW

lol, rashad seems like a hater in the background everytime when it comes to jones i think hes still mad about how the jacksons split/fight camp leadup and then loss to jones went. every single time he mentions jon its something negative, seriously just let it go and give the guy his props.
9/11/12 1:42 AM
Alpha World Peace

WRESTLENOW - lol, rashad seems like a hater in the background everytime when it comes to jones i think hes still mad about how the jacksons split/fight camp leadup and then loss to jones went. every single time he mentions jon its something negative, seriously just let it go and give the guy his props.
It seemed to me like he was asked direct questions about Jones and have honest answers. He doesn't seem to have much animosity in his tone. Phone Post
9/11/12 1:59 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kid Charlemagne -
Alpha World Peace -
...before DamnSevern and Lilbrockonmychest start complaining about Jon Jones-related "negative minded" threads again.

Is that why damn left ? Phone Post
No and he has posted a little bit in the last week Phone Post
9/11/12 2:05 AM
HenryO

Jones biggest weakness is probably boxing. I think Vitor is a tougher fight for him then Hendo, Jones wasnt going to get caught with one of those big overhands from Hendo. Vitors hands may be fast enough to give him trouble
9/11/12 2:32 AM
mijo

LOL@Boner's face.
9/11/12 2:47 AM
NAGA_JIM

yea at MW
9/11/12 7:29 AM
Kenso
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor has speed and power but he needs to get close to Jones and he would not allow that.
9/11/12 7:29 AM
Kenso
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor has speed and power but he needs to get close to Jones and he would not allow that.
9/11/12 7:47 AM
victorpoprock
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was never really a fan of his til I heard him on the Opie and Anthony show. They really got him to relax and open up. He showed a complete different side of himself on the show and he was very likable. His stories about his childhood were hilarious. I've been a fan ever since that show. Phone Post
9/11/12 9:15 AM
Malvert the Janitor
1259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disillusioned or delusional?

There's a difference. Phone Post
9/11/12 9:58 AM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack_Bauer -  I'd rather see Vitor vs. Rashad....

Yep.
9/11/12 10:18 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell you what.

I'll write in Kirik for President AND he will have a better chance of beating Obama and Romney off of my one vote than Belfort does in beating Jones.

This bout smells so bad that Dana and Joe are going to have to look like they are doing CB Dollaway impressions while selling us the fight.

Yeah, yeah. Belfort was a monster.

That was back when you wore shoes in the Octagon and the use of AAS made Pride look like it was natural by comparison.

Jones can't lose and now he is pissed off enough that he likely will toy with Belfort a la Silva-Leites or he will simply destroy him in 1:30 of the 1st.

Rashad is just trying to be a good company man by helping them sell this thing. Phone Post
9/11/12 10:53 AM
DanChow
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/11/12 10:55 AM
Underground Blog -29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down

You know the system is wack if* UG Blog has -29
9/11/12 11:28 AM
Bry Bry

well Rashad has fast hands, good wrestling and he is explosive and he wasnt able to give Jones much of a fight..all Belfort has is fast hands, his wrestling is useless compared to Jones...
9/11/12 7:12 PM
MattyECB
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/11/12 7:16 PM
<blockquote>Musashi - Even after reading the article and Rashad's quote, it's STILL not clear if Rashad is saying that Jones is disappointed (the real meaning of disillusioned) or delusional (what Rashad may have intended to say.. and more of an accurate assessment of Jones).</blockquote><br /> You're putting your words and opinion of Jones' in Rashad's mouth - I actually think disillusioned is the perfect term for Bones right now, and it's a bit more nuanced than disappointed. It connotes you've lost faith in your current situation and are becoming somewhat cynical. Bit stronger than disappointed.<br /><br />He wasn't expecting this backlash, I don't think he ever though DFW would turn on him and his camp as hard as he did, and I don't think he was expecting any of this negative shit rt after the Nike deal and right as his career is budding. <br /><br />I think it really threw him off personally. And look how he was ready to play the same choir boy fake shit with his cross to bear comment, then just got reaaaaal pissed off and basically said I'm not here to please you, I'm here to take care of myself and entertain you... I actually think Rashad hit the nail on the head

Edit: Hell, Bones even came out and attacked Dana, which made me gain respect for him tbh. Not because I agree with him or the choice he made, but I like that someone finally called out DFW for thinning out recent cards and denying it vehemently - particularly since he used to always brag how the UFC would never do what Boxing does and prop up a single fight with undercard fighters.
9/11/12 7:14 PM
MattyECB
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mrantistupiditay - Not a fan of "I have a tattoo on my chest that is 'the secret' to God serving ME," but the only way he loses to Belfort is if down deep he really, really wants to lose.

If it goes past R1, he probably makes Belfort look very, very bad, so bad we will all be cringing and feeling sorry for a battered Belfort by the bell for R3 if it gets there.

Well that's kind of unfair, I'm an atheist but you're just clearly trying to make Bones look stupid. He has the tattoo to remind himself of his faith and the strength he derives in it - don't remember the bible at all but I think the Phillipians quote has something to do with strength.

It isn't like he thinks it's a magical link to god and Jesus powers lol
9/11/12 7:18 PM
MattyECB

^^Mother fucker, why is it whenever I edit, it's a 70/30 chance that a bunch of brs show up in the post and ruin the entire thing lol Never figured that out

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.