UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Anybody here do reverse pyramid lifting?

9/21/12 5:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pcuzz - 
SmasherSnu - Wouldn't that be more of a hypertrophy program than a strength building program?

I doubt if there really is much difference unless you at elite levels of either. I have yet to see a Bodybuilder with huge muscles who wasnt very strong and vice versa.

Thats the opposite of truth. There are random exceptions to every rule, but most bodybuilders are week (relatively) and power lifters/strength guys are usually pudgy. As far as bodybuilders, the only super strong ones I can think of are Coleman and Branch Warren, and Powerlifters/strongman, the only ripped ones I can think of is Pudz.
9/21/12 9:58 AM
jeremy hamilton
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SmasherSnu - 
pcuzz - 
SmasherSnu - Wouldn't that be more of a hypertrophy program than a strength building program?

I doubt if there really is much difference unless you at elite levels of either. I have yet to see a Bodybuilder with huge muscles who wasnt very strong and vice versa.

Thats the opposite of truth. There are random exceptions to every rule, but most bodybuilders are week (relatively) and power lifters/strength guys are usually pudgy. As far as bodybuilders, the only super strong ones I can think of are Coleman and Branch Warren, and Powerlifters/strongman, the only ripped ones I can think of is Pudz.

That is not really true for Powerlifters.

Go to an elite meet and I would say that 90% of the lifters are about 10% BF or under. The only fat ones are some of the heavies and super heavies. 242s and under are all lean and solid.
9/21/12 2:41 PM
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jeremy hamilton - 
SmasherSnu - 
pcuzz - 

That is not really true for Powerlifters.

Go to an elite meet and I would say that 90% of the lifters are about 10% BF or under. The only fat ones are some of the heavies and super heavies. 242s and under are all lean and solid.

Ive been too plenty of meets, and the only real powerlifters are over 200 lbs, and every one of them has some pudge to lose. Not to say I dont have respect for the little guys, but you don't see weightclasses in Worlds Strongest Man...
9/21/12 7:56 PM
Taku
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not me...

TAKU

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.