UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Situps!

9/11/12 9:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ringworm74
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What ever happened to old fashioned sit ups? I workout at the local golds and i never see anyone doing them. Does anyone have some good core/ab exercises??? Phone Post
9/11/12 9:53 PM
DefenseSoapFan1
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/11/12 10:04 PM
 I"ll say it first because it's what everyone else will say: squats, deadlifts, OHP.  But if you want more isolated core exercises: hanging leg raises, ab wheel rollouts, l-sits, hollow body holds.

Situps aren't 'bad' it's just that you'll have to do a lot of them unless you're weak.  Try weighted situps on a stability ball holding a dumbbell/kettlebell behind your head.

9/11/12 11:25 PM
Ringworm74
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are hollowbody holds? Phone Post
9/12/12 2:36 AM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The best ab exercise for me is reverse crunches laying on a flat bench. No ab exercise burns or hurts as badly as those. Phone Post
9/12/12 3:42 AM
Leigh
715 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weighted crunches and knee raises. Best way I have found is to use the cable crossover machine

That's if squats and deads aren't doing it (which they probably will) Phone Post
9/12/12 9:30 AM
DefenseSoapFan1
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/12/12 9:30 AM
Ringworm74 -  What are hollowbody holds? Phone Post

Start with your hands down by your sides if that's too hard.

9/12/12 8:08 PM
Ringworm74

Thanks guys, deads and squats are my primary lifts cuz my shoulders are shot to hell.... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.