UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> My problem with Skyrim

9/12/12 5:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Onikage
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is that once you get past level 45 or so, there's really not a damn thing that can touch you.

The best part of the game is when you're lower level and get your ass kicked by giants and trolls, then level up and eventually beat the shit out of them.

I would love a DLC of some type of new race or creature that is nearly impossible to kill and takes a real badass that has to use a combination of alchemy, weapons, and magic to defeat him/them.

Also new armor and weapons

/end
9/12/12 7:06 PM
TruthAboveAll
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Play Dark Souls. Phone Post
9/12/12 7:08 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TruthAboveAll - Play Dark Souls. Phone Post
Nope. Gif....

Don't worry, I'll post it later Phone Post
9/12/12 7:40 PM
Malvert the Janitor
885 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love Dark Souls. But what it provides in difficulty, combat, etc., it lacks in storyline and consequential decision making (ala Mass Effect).

I've been thinking about Skyrim but, having played both Morrowind and Oblivion, I know that I'll get tired of the rinse and repeat before too long (ie, talk to NPC, traverse miles to destination, kill/steal/bribe/rescue desired target, return to NPC for reward, etc.).

I need a console based MMORPG or I can foresee the end of my gaming for some time.

Or I need to start smoking weed again... Phone Post
9/12/12 7:51 PM
Onikage

I may have to give in to Dark Souls...
9/12/12 7:58 PM
Malvert the Janitor
885 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Onikage - I may have to give in to Dark Souls...
Prepare to die. Phone Post
9/12/12 10:39 PM
LittleKang
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Onikage - Is that once you get past level 45 or so, there's really not a damn thing that can touch you.

The best part of the game is when you're lower level and get your ass kicked by giants and trolls, then level up and eventually beat the shit out of them.

I would love a DLC of some type of new race or creature that is nearly impossible to kill and takes a real badass that has to use a combination of alchemy, weapons, and magic to defeat him/them.

/end
How are you specing your guy.... Ancient Dragons can still take me out if i dont watch my health Phone Post
9/13/12 5:09 PM
TheMountain
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Turn up the difficulty level.
9/13/12 5:14 PM
Onikage

I have the difficulty high, but I think it was an OGer who fucked me up telling people how to get ridiculous armor and weapon stats. So my daedric armor and hammer is out of control now.

I went back and switched to the ebony mail just to be in danger again.
9/13/12 6:57 PM
BKViper
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I concentrated on heavy armor and one hand combat. Once I got to God like level, I switched to light armor and two handed.
As my level and other skills were still high, I wasn't getting destroyed like a level 1 noob, but the switch was enough to lower my strengths to where fights were actually a challenge again. Phone Post
9/14/12 12:26 AM
Jack Carter
566 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Onikage - Is that once you get past level 45 or so, there's really not a damn thing that can touch you.

/end
Mods fix that easy. Phone Post
9/14/12 12:43 AM
MMArijuana

Need Fallout 4. I went through two characters in Skyrim, great game but kind of frustrating with the quest glitches lately. Phone Post
9/14/12 7:55 AM
MMAxNate
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I experienced what the OP is talking about, but I found that starting over and taking a different path each time to be as rewarding as anything else the game has to offer.  Exploring each area as a low level offers it's share of challenges and fun moments.
9/14/12 10:28 AM
Harlow's Rhesus
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I exploited the enchanting system, now this game sucks"

9/14/12 10:34 AM
BigWilliam
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My problem with Skyrim is it is buggy as FUCK.

I played it through once, but just cannot be bothered to do it again.
9/14/12 12:15 PM
Jack Carter
566 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, I hardly had any bugs sans the ocean graphics glitch after installing mods. Phone Post
9/14/12 2:51 PM
einhornisfinkle
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just started playing again and discovered the whiterun glitch. Maybe because I'm not rich in real life, but walking around with tons of gold is just satisfying to me. Phone Post
9/14/12 7:00 PM
Fangas
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate how after I've beaten the main quest storyline and civil war storyline everyone I talk to says the same shit that they did before. Nobody acknowledges that I saved the world or stopped the civil war. I was kind of looking forward to some sort of conclusion! Phone Post
9/15/12 12:33 AM
Meohfumado
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fangas -  I hate how after I've beaten the main quest storyline and civil war storyline everyone I talk to says the same shit that they did before. Nobody acknowledges that I saved the world or stopped the civil war. I was kind of looking forward to some sort of conclusion! Phone Post

Yes, there needs to be a point where people realize you are a badass and they need to stop popping off to you.

I was in full Dragonplate, had already killed Alduin, and fucking Blackbriar was still giving me the, "Be careful or I'll get the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild after you," line.

BITCH! I RUN BOTH GUILDS!! I'LL GET THEM AFTER YOU!!
9/15/12 11:35 AM
cdog1955
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like skyrim, but as you say, after a while it's to easy, i like the building of my character the most.

As much as i like skyrim, i am loving DARK SOULS more, i have died more in the first week of Dark Souls than i did my whole time playing skyrim, and thats playing on the hardest level.
9/15/12 12:09 PM
Tyson86
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meohfumado - 
Fangas -  I hate how after I've beaten the main quest storyline and civil war storyline everyone I talk to says the same shit that they did before. Nobody acknowledges that I saved the world or stopped the civil war. I was kind of looking forward to some sort of conclusion! Phone Post

Yes, there needs to be a point where people realize you are a badass and they need to stop popping off to you.

I was in full Dragonplate, had already killed Alduin, and fucking Blackbriar was still giving me the, "Be careful or I'll get the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild after you," line.

LOL fucking this
9/15/12 2:52 PM
Onikage

Meohfumado - 

Haha I was thinking the same thing. It's funny how much NPC reaction matters in the game.

A buddy of mine wouldn't even play anymore because he said nobody congratulated him after he killed Alduin, and he just went through every hold and killed everyone he could.
9/18/12 9:21 AM
Forever12er

Malvert the Janitor -
Love Dark Souls. But what it provides in difficulty, combat, etc., it lacks in storyline and consequential decision making (ala Mass Effect).

I've been thinking about Skyrim but, having played both Morrowind and Oblivion, I know that I'll get tired of the rinse and repeat before too long (ie, talk to NPC, traverse miles to destination, kill/steal/bribe/rescue desired target, return to NPC for reward, etc.).

I need a console based MMORPG or I can foresee the end of my gaming for some time.

Or I need to start smoking weed again... Phone Post
Weed is the only way I can play games too Phone Post
9/18/12 3:17 PM
disbeliever
359 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Mods can make the game even better if you're on PC
9/18/12 3:35 PM
Onikage

So I picked up Dark Souls...

What did you assholes get me in to?!

YOU KNEW, I KNOW YOU DID!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.