UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> What's so bad about Crossfit? (vid)

9/21/12 7:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ArthurKnoqOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

o rly
9/21/12 7:16 PM
surf2live
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All his shit is on video. And videos of your workouts are where?
9/22/12 11:23 AM
HULC
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 strikes - http://www.videobash.com/video_show/crossfit-fail-compilation-269317

Gold.
9/22/12 4:41 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

surf2live - All his shit is on video. And videos of your workouts are where?

somewhere on cyberspace...links to him doing deadhang pull ups, please? 

I'm sure we'll all be sold on CF once you post them /sarcasm
9/23/12 5:04 AM
surf2live
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Google is your friend. I'm not saying Crossfit is the end all be all workout system but you were bashing a guy that has better cardio than you and stronger than you at 150 lbs. Phone Post
9/23/12 12:08 PM
ArthurKnoqOut

I compete in triathlons so I doubt he has "better cardio" than I.

why should I go through the trouble of googling someone whose name I don't know whilst you claim that you've seen the videos? If so, link them. if not. thank you for your valuable contribution. 

9/23/12 12:09 PM
ArthurKnoqOut

3 strikes - http://www.videobash.com/video_show/crossfit-fail-compilation-269317

VTFU!
9/23/12 4:56 PM
HULC
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArthurKnoqOut - I compete in triathlons so I doubt he has "better cardio" than I.

why should I go through the trouble of googling someone whose name I don't know whilst you claim that you've seen the videos? If so, link them. if not. thank you for your valuable contribution. 

Don't argue Arthur, he does xfit so therefore he is stronger than you and has better cardio by definition. He's probably better in bed too.

:(
9/23/12 7:01 PM
molsonman
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

surf2live - Google is your friend. I'm not saying Crossfit is the end all be all workout system but you were bashing a guy that has better cardio than you and stronger than you at 150 lbs. Phone Post
Typical crossfitter. Might as well have said "his warmup is your workout". Phone Post
9/23/12 11:19 PM
joemama1034
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihYOyImmxL4&feature=youtube_gdata_player Phone Post
9/23/12 11:21 PM
joemama1034
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't really account for momentum though in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVZFKJGNesA&feature=youtube_gdata_player Phone Post
9/23/12 11:51 PM
molsonman
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joemama1034 -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihYOyImmxL4&feature=youtube_gdata_player Phone Post

A lot of chicken necking going on and the guy on the left is swinging.
9/24/12 12:01 AM
joemama1034

Yea I thought the same thing... Phone Post
9/24/12 8:09 PM
ArthurKnoqOut

HULC - 
ArthurKnoqOut - I compete in triathlons so I doubt he has "better cardio" than I.

Don't argue Arthur, he does xfit so therefore he is stronger than you and has better cardio by definition. He's probably better in bed too.

:(

haha yeah HULC...way more "hip torque" and all.

lmao that youtube video was great...I think that bloopers video is great, a woman about to give birth is doing kipping pull ups -___- a guy with an arm in a sling is doing...something with a bar that resembles a snatch yet, of course, x-fitters don't believe in muscle imbalances I'm sure.
10/3/12 10:47 AM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone once told me. "Crossfit is a load of wankers running around in knee socks try to be the best at exercising". Pointless waste of time, no periodisation to plans and dangerous with the oly lifts. Good luck to anyone doing it. Phone Post
10/4/12 1:24 AM
Keep if professional
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I examined the system, found it lacking, and discarded it about 7 years ago. Funny to see it blowing up among my facebook friends right now and them constantly telling me "DUDE YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS".
10/4/12 1:28 AM
Keep if professional

And wasn't BJ Penn a big proponent of Crossfit during the phase of his career where he gassed horribly in every fight?
10/6/12 7:43 PM
BEEF & CHEESE

Keep if professional - And wasn't BJ Penn a big proponent of Crossfit during the phase of his career where he gassed horribly in every fight?

No, it was when he was winning.

Crossfit works perfect for its goals. They've been very successful so people hate and repeat nonsensical arguments their bros at the 24 hour fitness told them. There are douchebags that go gaga over Crossfit, just like MMA and everything else.
10/7/12 11:01 PM
ArthurKnoqOut

I beg to differ. BJ Penn was talking about Crossfit during 2009-2010 and that's when he got manhandled by GSP at WW (no shame in that) but then also lost to Frankie Edgar basically right after that. He did have great performances over Kenny Florian and Diego Sanchez but I think that's because he was with the Maronovich bros.

10/8/12 12:36 AM
BudmademeWeiser
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very well written article on crossfit,

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_investigative/the_truth_about_crossfit

gives a very unbiased assessment. I agree with the majority of the article. There's a couple articles out there too that point to the fact that the elite level competitors in the xfit games actually do very little crossfitting, ill try to pull that one up too.
10/8/12 2:23 AM
Leigh
953 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ was doing crossfit in his first UFC run Phone Post
10/8/12 2:57 AM
HULC

BEEF & CHEESE - 
Keep if professional - And wasn't BJ Penn a big proponent of Crossfit during the phase of his career where he gassed horribly in every fight?

Crossfit works perfect for its goals. They've been very successful so people hate and repeat nonsensical arguments their bros at the 24 hour fitness told them. There are douchebags that go gaga over Crossfit, just like MMA and everything else.

" They've been very successful so people hate and repeat nonsensical arguments their bros at the 24 hour fitness told them."

Examples please.
10/11/12 6:58 PM
BJJER

Leigh -  BJ was doing crossfit in his first UFC run Phone Post

This is not true. BJ Penn tried some crossfit but was not doing it on a regular basis, no where near enough for crossfit groupies to claim that crossfit provided any advantage in BJ Penn's career.

Prove me wrong! Find me the trainer that work with him during his fight camps. He did it a couple times, they put together a workout that he said sucked and felt like a "fight gone bad" which to this day holds it's name.
10/11/12 8:15 PM
BEEF & CHEESE

HULC - 
BEEF & CHEESE - 

" They've been very successful so people hate and repeat nonsensical arguments their bros at the 24 hour fitness told them."

Examples please.

"Don't do high rep, light to moderate weight olympic lifts! You'll get hurt!"

"Met cons aren't cardio training!"

"Crossfit teaches bad form!"

"Do crossfit and you'll get weak!"

10/12/12 8:07 AM
ArthurKnoqOut

I've never heard any "bros" say any of that...met con is EPOC based training and it's great for specific goals. Crossfit does not promote and ramp on/scale up form which is why there's soo many video examples of bad form. Dude, my buddy does CrossFit in a gym here in NYC and he went to power lift with me the other day and literally, couldn't do a squat remotely correct (knees weren't trackign over feet, lumbar weak, cervical/chin too high up).  Furthermore, it obviously depends on the trainers. You can get to CF instructors with complete different understandings, experience and utilization of the program.

IDK about that last one. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.