UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Critique my workout plan?

9/13/12 7:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chael Sonnen Money
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/13/12 7:09 PM

So, I restarted again in march, with a height of 5' 10'' weighing 166, with a body fat of around 16% . Now I'm 5'11', 155, with a just measured 12% (all time low 11.5% was yesterday). My goal is to lose fat, and become thick, solid, tight, with a secondary goal of adding muscle. Here is what my schedule looks like:<br /><br />Monday: run (2-3 miles)<br />Tuesday: Lean muscle work<br />Wednesday: Run (2-3 miles)<br />Thursday: Lean muscle work<br />Friday Run (2-3 miles) or rest pending on my work schedule<br />Saturday: Bulk muscle work<br />Sunday: rest<br />I eat by the 80% rule usually, having 20% of my meals be junky (pizza, burgers, etc.) <br /><br />I'm 18, and work two jobs as well as go to school full time, so u schedule isn't as open as I'd like, but I try to make it too the gym when I can. And on rest days, of I do anything, it's light, such as jumping rope, burpees, trampoline work, etc. or I do an "activity" such as rolling, basketball, sparring, football, stuff of that nature.
9/13/12 7:16 PM
Chocolate Shatner
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First things first. Learn to use paragraphs, and that little button on your keyboard called the "enter" or "return" key.

Secondly, ditch the wanna be douchebag adjectives of "thick, solid, and tight", and find some real goals that involve numbers and measurable steps.

Thirdly, trying to ask for advice when all you do to outline your plan is crap like "lean muscle work" or "bulk muscle work" is basically asking for us to read fucking tea leaves.

So start there, refine what the fuck you're asking us, and then perhaps we can proceed.
9/13/12 7:16 PM
turducken

what does "lean muscle work" mean? how do you expect an answer when you provide nothing more than that generic and meaningless routine?

also, your idea of a rest day is fucked. since when is doing burpees, rolling, sparring, playing football, etc. considered a recovery activity?
9/13/12 7:29 PM
Chael Sonnen Money

Chocolate Shatner - First things first. Learn to use paragraphs, and that little button on your keyboard called the "enter" or "return" key.

Secondly, ditch the wanna be douchebag adjectives of "thick, solid, and tight", and find some real goals that involve numbers and measurable steps.

Thirdly, trying to ask for advice when all you do to outline your plan is crap like "lean muscle work" or "bulk muscle work" is basically asking for us to read fucking tea leaves.

So start there, refine what the fuck you're asking us, and then perhaps we can proceed.

I had to go in and edit, so my paragraphs got fucked.

on lean muscle day's I mostly do burnouts. Bench press, dumbbell, overhead press, and the like. On bulk muscle days, I do a full upper body circuit, and usually a lower body one once or twice a month.

Sorry for the vague-ness.
9/13/12 7:31 PM
Chael Sonnen Money

turducken - what does "lean muscle work" mean? how do you expect an answer when you provide nothing more than that generic and meaningless routine?

also, your idea of a rest day is fucked. since when is doing burpees, rolling, sparring, playing football, etc. considered a recovery activity?

Not saying I set aside time for the rest day stuff, but if I find I have five minutes, or I'm just lazing around, I'll do some burpees or skip rope. On nicer days, I like to get outside soi call some friends up and just fuck around. I try to do some form of physical activity daily. Maybe I over compensate, but I don't want to end up fat like I was when I was younger.
9/13/12 8:02 PM
Chocolate Shatner
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael Sonnen Money - 
Chocolate Shatner - First things first. Learn to use paragraphs, and that little button on your keyboard called the "enter" or "return" key.

I had to go in and edit, so my paragraphs got fucked.

on lean muscle day's I mostly do burnouts. Bench press, dumbbell, overhead press, and the like. On bulk muscle days, I do a full upper body circuit, and usually a lower body one once or twice a month.

Sorry for the vague-ness.

again a mostly meaningless and useless reply. What exercises, what sets, what reps?

However, I can say, if you are only doing lower body once or twice a month, your plan is fucking retarded and you need to get some education.

Additionally, I can say that since in your lifts you mention NO pulling or back work of any type, you are basically only doing beach muscle Jersey Shore lifting. Get the fuck outta here until you actually have a plan. Start with something like Stronglifts or Starting Strength, and then start to educate yourself.
9/14/12 6:19 PM
Leigh
724 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Critique my workout plan"

Its crap, start again from scratch Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.