UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> TNA really stepping up their game lately?

9/14/12 7:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nyhcloyalty
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've found myself enjoying Impact week after week, and the fact that TNA can have Bully and Jeff main event and get that solid of a match is seriously impressive.

I'd like to see the X-Division get more time, though. Phone Post
9/14/12 9:08 AM
dangerboy12
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The matches are good, but unfortunately good matches alone won't get my attention.

TNA is making the same mistake lots of other promotions have made. They don't have a top guy. When WCW was great, they had either Flair or Hogan as their top guy. WWE has always had a top guy or occasionally 2. When ECW had RVD as their top guy, they were doing well.

Once you have a clusterfuck of wrestlers headlining, and not one star, you're in trouble. This holds true even on the Indy circuit.

But yeah, a couple of the matches last night were damn good.
9/14/12 1:19 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im enjoying the aces and eights storyline Phone Post
9/14/12 3:02 PM
Tom Lawlor
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I watched the last Ppv and thought it to be pretty good Phone Post
9/15/12 1:23 AM
nipperusa
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't Austin Aries the top guy? He definetly has the crowd behind him, better than most on the mic and one hell of a wrestler. I'm enjoying tna quite a bit, but like the op i'd like to see more x division Phone Post
9/15/12 3:24 AM
armbarheelhook
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ AA is their #1 right now.. pretty sure we will see some more X Div guys.. Hell, looks like all those Gut Check wrestlers seem built for the X.

You are goin to see TNA push King Mo down our throats come Oct. when he debuts.. prolly give him heat with an Angle or Bully Ray feud my guess.

only problem is what alot of these wrestlers have starting out, little to no mic skills yet really. He is bringing his King Mo persona with the crown and everything so just wait and see. Phone Post
9/15/12 8:01 PM
Theon Greyjoy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am also enjoing it. Tara is hot!
9/20/12 8:06 PM
armbarheelhook
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shaq is teaming up with hogan to take out Aces n Eights tonight.. uhhhh... yah.. wutever. Phone Post
9/20/12 9:35 PM
TheZa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aces and Eights just hit Joseph Parks (Abyss' twin lawyer brother) in the head with a hammer. Phone Post
9/21/12 1:29 AM
McLeod
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't watch TNA any more. Is sting still there? will he ever go to the wwe ?
9/21/12 12:38 PM
armbarheelhook

McLeod - I don't watch TNA any more. Is sting still there? will he ever go to the wwe ?
the many faces of Sting are still there and he is not going back to WWE... If vkm wants to put him in the WWE Hall then you will see him. But sting is already going into the Tna Hall at BFG ppv anyways. Phone Post
9/22/12 2:07 AM
McLeod
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

back to the WWE? he was never there as far as I know.
9/22/12 2:27 AM
armbarheelhook

he never signed a contract with WWE, but when shane bought WCW I believe some invaded WWE. just like when steph bought ECW.. I know he was on a Monday Night Nitro which was produced by WWE when they bought them.

WWE also owns all the rights to all of his WCW matches and could in essence put him in their Hall since no WCW Hall exists I guess.

I cant remember how many guys invaded each others shows when all that went down. been so long ago. Phone Post
9/22/12 2:35 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The WCW invasion angle was a huge fail. Think I remember reading somewhere that Vince intentionally wanted to make WCW look shit. Shame because that angle could have drawn massive ratings and buy rates and gone on for a few years, instead it actually caused ratings to drop for a few months iirc.
9/22/12 2:44 AM
armbarheelhook

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - The WCW invasion angle was a huge fail. Think I remember reading somewhere that Vince intentionally wanted to make WCW look shit. Shame because that angle could have drawn massive ratings and buy rates and gone on for a few years, instead it actually caused ratings to drop for a few months iirc.
yeah.. kinda reminds you of another president/promoter doesnt it..? Uncle dana looks up to vkm and the WWE business model. vkm killing wcw & ecw is like dana killing pride, wec, sf..

I dont understand the reasoning behind this still to this day. seems like you would be making even more money from merch, ppv, etc.. Phone Post
9/22/12 5:08 PM
nipperusa
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - The WCW invasion angle was a huge fail. Think I remember reading somewhere that Vince intentionally wanted to make WCW look shit. Shame because that angle could have drawn massive ratings and buy rates and gone on for a few years, instead it actually caused ratings to drop for a few months iirc.
Heres a vid showing the wwe/wcw debuts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_xHmcO98ww&feature=youtube_gdata_player Phone Post
10/6/12 6:48 PM
nipperusa

Edited: 10/06/12 6:53 PM
youtube
10/6/12 7:06 PM
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vince didn't kill shit.  WCW were the ones who decided that they wanted to go after WWF.  As far as the invasion angle, it ran it's course.

10/6/12 9:47 PM
armbarheelhook

ArtMinaj -

Vince didn't kill shit.  WCW were the ones who decided that they wanted to go after WWF.  As far as the invasion angle, it ran it's course.

ok recap: shane bought WCW from ted turner & steph bought ECW from heyman. they used daddy's money or so the storyline goes.
then vkm closes WCW and tries to reboot ECW which lasts oh so long on scifi. right?

Then we got jeff jarret who for some reason wants to do his own thing and creates TNA. Did he have any $ backers like maybe turner or strictly his own money? Then he sells TNA to dickme carter. Does JJ still own part of TNA or?

And when dixie initially brought in hogan and bitchoff, did she relinquish some of the ownership? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.