UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping: Weidman #1 for KO of a fat Munoz??!?

9/14/12 4:34 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC President Dana White on Thursday declared Chris Weidman the Middleweight division's No. 1 contender.

Michael Bisping feels otherwise.

"Weidman has got an undefeated streak going, and Dana is the president of the company, so far be it from me to disagree and tell him he's not the No. 1 contender," said Bisping. "It's his company, but I don't think so. Weidman has a good streak going, and he's got a lot of hype around him at the moment, but I never rated Mark Munoz in the first place."

"He knocked out a fat Mark Munoz, who was out of shape and coming back off a long layoff because of injury. Not that impressive if you ask me. In fact, before that it was Demian Maia – and again, it wasn't impressive. Demian Maia looked terrible in that fight, but so did Chris Weidman. 'Oh, he cut this amount of weight.' Well that's his f------ problem. That's not an excuse, is it? You looked s---, plain and simple.

"He elbowed a fat Mark Munoz and now he's the great white hype? Just because he elbowed an out-of-shape fat man? Yeah, he's got a streak, and that all counts – undefeated, et cetera – so I suppose you can see the logic, but I disagree."

"You could look at the skills and say I could box his f------ head off, as we. I've certainly got better wrestling than he's got boxing.

"Just because he landed one elbow on an amateur? I've trained with professional boxers, and trust me, I more than hold my own. I could have a career in professional boxing, no problem, professional kickboxing – f--- it, if I wanted to be a professional wrestler, I could be a wrestler, as well."

"He may just come up short against Boetsch (at UFC 155). I think Boetsch might be a tough matchup for him. Boetsch is a big, strong boy. He's not the most technical of guys, but he's a big, tough, durable guy. He's not to be written off.

"When I was to fight at him, I was looking at that as a dangerous fight. It certainly wasn't a given. He's durable. That's not a given fight for Weidman."

Read entire article...

9/14/12 4:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
3rdLion
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike stepping it up a gear for when he beats Stann, he's definitely going to shit talk his way to the title shot!
9/14/12 5:00 PM
MMAologist
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Bisping. Im not impressed by Weidman and feelhe needs at least one more top 10 fighter. Boetch is gonna take this IMO. Phone Post
9/14/12 5:04 PM
MartialArtsMixed
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i want to see Bisping vs Silva
9/14/12 5:06 PM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo -  Munoz was not fat that's being disrespectful on my opinion, sure he was a bit tubby, perhaps a tad.plump, there was some blubber happening, a touch of the blobby perhaps, but calling him fat is unfair, look Munoz is a jolly guy, always laughing telling jokes, he has those chubby cheeks , twinkle in his eyes, large personality, so don't like folk saying these things about him. Phone Post

Day by day, we're gonna get those red arrows green.
9/14/12 5:09 PM
MMAologist
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MichaelCollins - Munoz was universally ranked number 3 at 185 and Weidman made him look like a mug. Munoz was a decorated amateur wrestler and Weidman destroyed him on the ground and then knocked him the fuck out standing.

When was the last time Bisping knocked a number 3 in the world out?

When was the last time Bisping knocked out someone who was top 10 in the world?

In fact, when was the last time Bisping simply beat someone top 10?

He can't even beat a 6 years past his best Wanderlei Silva for fuck sake. Every top 10 fighter he's faced (Rashad, Hendo, Sonnen), he's lost to. One of them in embarrassing fashion.

Bisping should concentrate on fighting and beating top 5 guys, turn down fights with all the Dan Miller and Jorge Rivera's of the world, stop talking shit on fighters who look far better than he does, and actually beat a high level fighter. Then maybe he'll get close to a title shot. He's coming off a loss and thinks beating Stann will get him Anderson? Even finishing Stann didn't get Sonnen a rematch with Silva and everyone wanted to see that fight. Not very many want to see Anderson waste one of his last fights knocking Bisping out.
Well said.. Phone Post
9/14/12 5:16 PM
aka_rtotheoh

Yawn. Bispong talkin shit? tell me something new and interesting Phone Post
9/14/12 5:34 PM
catgobling

i mean if they gave it to bonnar why not give it to bisping.
9/14/12 5:35 PM
Altofsky
752 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/14/12 5:46 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

catgobling - i mean if they gave it to bonnar why not give it to bisping.
Cos Bonnar won his last 3 fights Phone Post
9/14/12 5:56 PM
Domingo
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While the guy is exaggerating, I don't necessarily disagree with a lot of what he says. Munoz has really only looked good in the one fight against Leben. Several of his decisions could have probably even gone the other way.

I like Weidman, but I do think they're pushing him as the top dog a little fast. I think they just realize Anderson is an awful match for Bisping.
9/14/12 6:07 PM
Ep32nv
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not really a Bisping Fan but also not a Bisping Hater.

If he wins he should get a title shot, he's been around long enough, beat enough decent guys and has a draw with fans.

Love him or hate him it's about his time I think. Phone Post
9/14/12 6:29 PM
chaplinshouse
748 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like how he's only talking about Chris's opponents, not his own.  Munoz was 12-2 going into Weidman fight on 4 fight win streak.  Why disrespect him?  He bang your woman? Go on Mike, tell us what top contenders you've beaten that merits a title shot.  Oh, just wanna talk about Chris's fights?  Werd...

MIke

L  -  Chael (his biggest claim to fame in mma since it was close, but a close loss doesn't justify title talk)
W  -  Mayhem (who fought so bad a random UGer could have beaten him)
W  -  Jorge Rivera (illegal knee'd himself to victory vs older mediocre opponent)
W  -  Sexyama (1-4 in the ufc)
W  -  Dan Miller (6-5 in the ufc - who was freshly distracted from his kid dying at time of fight.  decision)
L  -  Wand (who entered the fight losing 5 of his last 6 and a shell of his former self)

Chris

W - Munoz:  12-2 going into Weidman fight on 4 fight ufc win streak. 
W - Maia:  15-3 going into Weidman fight. 
W - Lawlor:  7 - 3 going into Weidman fight.
W - Bongfeldt:  15-4-1 going into Weidman fight
W - Sakara:  15-7-1 going into Weidman fight
W - Arauja:  5-1 going into Weidman fight

Mike, don't let that pussy Weidman with his lame 9-0 record vs superior competition get a shot above you and your no top 10 wins.  Why should Weidman (ranked #3 mw fight matrix about to face Boetsh #6) get a shot above Mike? (ranked #15 fight matrix who has an opportunity to beat #14 Brian Stann).  Travesty!  It's like Mike see's JBJ getting all this attention and he's like "hey hey HEY! Don't forget Aaam #1 dooshay lads, ob-veeousssssllllay! I can talk maysalf into fights laike Chael!"  Not so easy, no leap frog for you!

9/14/12 7:17 PM
DBlades

Lol Chaplin do you feel like you fill some sort of void in the universe? Or did someone tell you that if your posts are in the form of a reply to Bisping that he'll somehow read them?

That was the biggest waste of time i've seen in quite some time.
9/14/12 7:21 PM
inf0
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone that comes into the octogon with their head looking like Munoz deserved to be beaten down. I'm glad it happened that way... take note Dan Hardy.

9/14/12 7:35 PM
stonepony

"Not that impressive if you ask me."
Eh... The way he put Mark down with that career HL-reel elbow was impressive. Don't think I've seen anything like it from Bispbing.
9/14/12 8:28 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe I'm biased since I'm a Weidman fan, and I do think he still needs to improve a bit before having a strong chance of beating Anderson, but I think Weidman is the #1 candidate to be the next MW champ. The way he was constantly attacking Munoz trying to open up some subs was great. Bisping's comments are fine though. Maybe they should fight each other for #1 contender.
9/14/12 8:37 PM
chaplinshouse
748 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DBlades - Lol Chaplin do you feel like you fill some sort of void in the universe? Or did someone tell you that if your posts are in the form of a reply to Bisping that he'll somehow read them?

That was the biggest waste of time i've seen in quite some time.

right you are doucheblades, huge time waster.  was on the last hour of my day job on a friday.  home now.  points were valid tho!  and yeah he actually does read posts here all the time.  but next time i'll make my comments doucheblade approved, pinky swear
9/14/12 8:38 PM
epwar
595 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MichaelCollins - Munoz was universally ranked number 3 at 185 and Weidman made him look like a mug. Munoz was a decorated amateur wrestler and Weidman destroyed him on the ground and then knocked him the fuck out standing.

When was the last time Bisping knocked a number 3 in the world out?

When was the last time Bisping knocked out someone who was top 10 in the world?

In fact, when was the last time Bisping simply beat someone top 10?

He can't even beat a 6 years past his best Wanderlei Silva for fuck sake. Every top 10 fighter he's faced (Rashad, Hendo, Sonnen), he's lost to. One of them in embarrassing fashion.

Bisping should concentrate on fighting and beating top 5 guys, turn down fights with all the Dan Miller and Jorge Rivera's of the world, stop talking shit on fighters who look far better than he does, and actually beat a high level fighter. Then maybe he'll get close to a title shot. He's coming off a loss and thinks beating Stann will get him Anderson? Even finishing Stann didn't get Sonnen a rematch with Silva and everyone wanted to see that fight. Not very many want to see Anderson waste one of his last fights knocking Bisping out.

This!
9/14/12 8:46 PM
Jack_Bauer
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He elbowed a fat Mark Munoz and now he's the great white hype?"

No, he's ahead of you for a title shot because he actually finished a top 10 opponent.
9/14/12 8:51 PM
Dazednconfused
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It just astounds me that mark Munoz was ranked number 3. Phone Post
9/14/12 8:55 PM
PJ Benn Fan
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking Bisping man.

Just when I am really starting to appreciate his skillset and toughness he has to go and say stupid shit about a guy with a better resume than him!

Fucking guy man.

Weidmans wins over Maia & Munoz = better than all of Bispings wins combined IMO!

9/15/12 12:58 AM
Koku_Ryuu

Bisping would get trounced by Weidman....let's be honest. He has hands full with Brian Stann....because frankly Bisping has NEVER done anything to make it obvious that he belongs as top contender. Except talk alot.
9/15/12 3:52 AM
kikenyoy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chaplinshouse - I like how he's only talking about Chris's opponents, not his own.  Munoz was 12-2 going into Weidman fight on 4 fight win streak.  Why disrespect him?  He bang your woman? Go on Mike, tell us what top contenders you've beaten that merits a title shot.  Oh, just wanna talk about Chris's fights?  Werd...

MIke

L  -  Chael (his biggest claim to fame in mma since it was close, but a close loss doesn't justify title talk)
W  -  Mayhem (who fought so bad a random UGer could have beaten him)
W  -  Jorge Rivera (illegal knee'd himself to victory vs older mediocre opponent)
W  -  Sexyama (1-4 in the ufc)
W  -  Dan Miller (6-5 in the ufc - who was freshly distracted from his kid dying at time of fight.  decision)
L  -  Wand (who entered the fight losing 5 of his last 6 and a shell of his former self)

Chris

W - Munoz:  12-2 going into Weidman fight on 4 fight ufc win streak. 
W - Maia:  15-3 going into Weidman fight. 
W - Lawlor:  7 - 3 going into Weidman fight.
W - Bongfeldt:  15-4-1 going into Weidman fight
W - Sakara:  15-7-1 going into Weidman fight
W - Arauja:  5-1 going into Weidman fight

Mike, don't let that pussy Weidman with his lame 9-0 record vs superior competition get a shot above you and your no top 10 wins.  Why should Weidman (ranked #3 mw fight matrix about to face Boetsh #6) get a shot above Mike? (ranked #15 fight matrix who has an opportunity to beat #14 Brian Stann).  Travesty!  It's like Mike see's JBJ getting all this attention and he's like "hey hey HEY! Don't forget Aaam #1 dooshay lads, ob-veeousssssllllay! I can talk maysalf into fights laike Chael!"  Not so easy, no leap frog for you!

I agree with you about Bisping not beating any top contenders, but the way you posted this is totally biased. For Bisping you list his opponents' records in the UFC but for Weidman you list their overall records.
9/15/12 8:36 AM
Dobba1

Why not talk shit to get a title shot. If it works for Sonnen then why not chat shit to get big name fights? Plus everyone keeps talking about how Bisping hasn't finished any big names and squeaks decisions, well who has finished him dominantly except from Hendo? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.