UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Hating on Wii U

9/14/12 4:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kungfugrip
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what's with all this hating on the wii u? Seems like a lot of people are complete against even giving it a chance. Dont get it. I understand it's not your thing, it's strange how people hate on it.

Examples:

Guy from attack of thge show says "people arent going to buy a wii u at this price because the ps3 and xbox are cheap. Then when the new x/box/ps4 comes out, the wii u will be old". So, they will buy a old ps3/xbox but the wii U is too old in a year? Dont get it

All the love people give the new iphone which is thinner and bigger. That's about it and everyone is melting to get one.

What did nintendo do to be given zero credit? Say what you want about the wii, people bought it and loved it. Maybe not the hardcore fans, but oh well
9/14/12 9:59 PM
invalid
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm just tired of the constant rehashed franchises slammed down our throats. People complain about it with movies, but damn - Mario is is on something like Mario 43.

I know it's their bread and butter, but that's some bread I don't want. Unless they can 3rd party support on par with the other options, Nintendo will be written off by me.

Or unless their 1st party stuff has something more than cute mascots like the other systems.

Knowing none of that will happen makes it easy to hate on.
9/14/12 10:24 PM
Bry Bry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

umm i bought into the Wii hype and ended up completely disappointed..it basically collects dust..90% of the people i know personally that own a Wii never play it..so of course we arent jumping for joy over Wii U..
9/15/12 12:13 AM
dustynothing
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't get it either. I love playing video games and I am open to all systems. Phone Post
9/15/12 7:36 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Way too expensive here in Europe. Where I am places are charging the equivalent of $460 for the basic, $525 for the premium and $656 for the premium with one game. Phone Post
9/15/12 10:02 AM
40oztofreedom
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It just comes down to people prefering to sit down with an xbox/ps controller over standing up and swinging around a wii remote. Phone Post
9/15/12 11:45 AM
invalid
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

40oztofreedom -  It just comes down to people prefering to sit down with an xbox/ps controller over standing up and swinging around a wii remote. Phone Post

Nah, not really. I mean, you didn't have to play with the Wii motion controller instead of a more traditional one - it came down to the fact that I didn't want the same old Mario/Mario Kart/Zelda/Mario Party stuff.
9/15/12 12:31 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

I was given a Wii and I don't use it much at all. I was a huge fan of the SNES and I the Metroid, Mario and Zelda franchises. But these games are being wasted on an underpowered machine with unnecessary motion control stuff forced in. Looks like they're continuing this trend with the Wii U and adding the tablet gimmick.

I'm sure it'll sell by the pallet, but its not for me. Phone Post
9/15/12 12:33 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

40oztofreedom - It just comes down to people prefering to sit down with an xbox/ps controller over standing up and swinging around a wii remote. Phone Post
The classic controller for the Wii is criminally under supported by Wii games. New Super Mario Bros doesn't use it. Phone Post
9/15/12 1:10 PM
rookie29

The Wii was the least played system I ever owned.

Thats why I doupt Nintendo.
9/15/12 3:38 PM
SamboMMA

invalid - I'm just tired of the constant rehashed franchises slammed down our throats. People complain about it with movies, but damn - Mario is is on something like Mario 43.

I know it's their bread and butter, but that's some bread I don't want. Unless they can 3rd party support on par with the other options, Nintendo will be written off by me.

Or unless their 1st party stuff has something more than cute mascots like the other systems.

Knowing none of that will happen makes it easy to hate on.

Agreed. I'm sick of the Mario games now. How many more times do I have to play as Mario and save Peach from Bowser? For the love of God Nintendo. Get some creativity going.
9/15/12 3:46 PM
invalid

SlyStallowned - 
invalid - 
40oztofreedom -  It just comes down to people prefering to sit down with an xbox/ps controller over standing up and swinging around a wii remote. Phone Post

Nah, not really. I mean, you didn't have to play with the Wii motion controller instead of a more traditional one - it came down to the fact that I didn't want the same old Mario/Mario Kart/Zelda/Mario Party stuff.

Ya, because I would much rather play Uncharted 5, GTA 6, Gears of War 7, Halo 9, COD 12, Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider 15, etc......

Please.

How many Mario games are there?

According to this list there are 115

Mario 115

That's close to what your example listed :/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/584003-mario-bros/answers?qid=60756
9/15/12 7:31 PM
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wii U looks interesting. I love me some Mario and some Zelda. I grew up on Nintendo as I'm sure many of you did. But here I am now about to turn 28 and I'm just not so into the type of content Nintendo releases. Would I like to play the future Mario games and Zelda games? Yes, I would but I can't get into those games and enjoy them for months like I can games such as Battlefield, Dark Souls, Skyrim, etc.

I might pick up a Wii U at some point and I certainly don't want to come off as a hater. The truth is I just don't think the console would hold my attention. Phone Post
9/15/12 10:56 PM
Jacinto
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only thing that interests me about the WiiU is whether nor not i can buy it on release date and sell it for double of triple price on ebay.
9/16/12 11:51 AM
invalid

Don't even act like Nintendo's strategy isn't to paste Mario in every game they can.

I'm sorry, but Uncharted 4 or GTA 5 doesn't even come close to touching that.

Yeah, there are sequels in gaming. And then there's Mario.
9/16/12 12:04 PM
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/16/12 12:04 PM
Mario games are usually awesome. The thing that pisses me off though is that Mario U is 2d. It doesnt look like a proper modern day Mario to me, more of a cheap spin off moneymaker, and it certainly doesnt look next gen. I'd have been sold if it was Galaxy 3 instead.

9/16/12 12:46 PM
invalid

You just spent twp paragraphs justifying how overused the character is, then one sentence saying 8 CoD games is milking an IP (which I agree with BTW).

The list I linked was 3 years old, too. I'm sorry, but if you don't want Mario then odds are you're going to really not like Nintendo. If you don't like CoD then you'll still probably have something to like on an Xbox.

Face it, what Nintendo does with its main characters goes far beyond anyone else.

9/16/12 1:18 PM
invalid

This thread is about why people hate on Nintendo. As an adult, here is my reason.

A game with his face plastered on it about every three months...
9/16/12 3:59 PM
sewich
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Game cube=fool me once
Wii= fool me twice
Wii u= won't be fooled again(cue the Who) Phone Post
9/16/12 4:01 PM

Pretty much this^^ Phone Post
9/16/12 5:37 PM
Flexo
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - Way too expensive here in Europe. Where I am places are charging the equivalent of $460 for the basic, $525 for the premium and $656 for the premium with one game. Phone Post
Sweet bajeebus Phone Post
9/16/12 5:42 PM
6mildollarman
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As an adult, I will be buying a Wii U. Folks can hate all they want, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be enjoying the next iterations of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. as I've always in the past. Phone Post
9/17/12 11:22 AM
SlapUsilly
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As an adult I understand that the decisions Nintendo makes regarding what, why and how their systems and characters are distributed and used are strictly business decisions.

Nothing else. They are not "cocky", they are not "greedy", they simply understand that there is a huge market out there for what they offer, and until the bottom falls out of it, they'll continue to make the same types of games that their target market wants. Don't hate the players, hate the game.(no pun intended)

As an adult, I don't get upset at nintendo, microsoft, sony, apple.etc.. as if they were individual people and don't buy or not buy their products based on some bizzare loyalty/dislike for a brand.

As an adult, I do not feel ripped off because they price a product a certain way, since the choice to purchase or not purchase the product is entirely on my shoulders. I will not die of starvation if i do not own the Wii U, 720 or PS4..... therefore i cannot be ripped off by paying xx amount of money for them.

Finally, as an adult, i grew up decades ago, and lost the bizzare sense of entitlement that a lot of people in the gaming community have.. as if the companies owe you anything other than to provide a functioning product that meets the minimum requirement. Wether you enjoy the product or not.. thats up to you. Deal with it.
9/17/12 11:27 AM
6mildollarman
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SlapUsilly - As an adult I understand that the decisions Nintendo makes regarding what, why and how their systems and characters are distributed and used are strictly business decisions.

Nothing else. They are not "cocky", they are not "greedy", they simply understand that there is a huge market out there for what they offer, and until the bottom falls out of it, they'll continue to make the same types of games that their target market wants. Don't hate the players, hate the game.(no pun intended)

As an adult, I don't get upset at nintendo, microsoft, sony, apple.etc.. as if they were individual people and don't buy or not buy their products based on some bizzare loyalty/dislike for a brand.

As an adult, I do not feel ripped off because they price a product a certain way, since the choice to purchase or not purchase the product is entirely on my shoulders. I will not die of starvation if i do not own the Wii U, 720 or PS4..... therefore i cannot be ripped off by paying xx amount of money for them.

Finally, as an adult, i grew up decades ago, and lost the bizzare sense of entitlement that a lot of people in the gaming community have.. as if the companies owe you anything other than to provide a functioning product that meets the minimum requirement. Wether you enjoy the product or not.. thats up to you. Deal with it.
Well said! Lots of adults acting like kids with their sense of entitlement when it comes to frikkin video game systems. Phone Post
9/17/12 11:29 AM
invalid

Entitlement? I think you're reaching there. I simply won't be purchasing a Nintendo because I don't want to play Mario games. It's just that simple.

They'll do just fine without my business.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.